The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: ATTENTION ALL WISCONSIN MEMBERS!!! IT'S CHECK IN TIME!!!!!!  (Read 7149 times)

Offline korey

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: ATTENTION ALL WISCONSIN MEMBERS!!! IT'S CHECK IN TIME!!!!!!
« Reply #90 on: Dec 09, 2010, 05:23 PM »
WOO HOO!!!
Hitting the ice this Saturday!!!
 ;D
<br />Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.<br />Teach a man to fish and he will sit on a lake all day and drink beer!!!!

Offline numbskull

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #91 on: Dec 12, 2010, 03:41 PM »
The Numbskull is back and ready.  The LX5 is charged and I just ordered my new Strikemaster Bibs last night.

Offline oldfisher68

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #92 on: Dec 15, 2010, 06:40 AM »
I'm ready to go. I'm going to take a drive and see what the snow banks look like and if anyone is out yet. Little Sturg usually freezes over first. I live in Sturgeon Bay and the bay is froze over. We had no snow, clouds or wind last night. It was cold, so it should of added some ice. I hope the ice shoves aren't too bad. I will report what I see. I don't check ice thickness alone.

Offline silvercliff_46

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #93 on: Dec 15, 2010, 09:36 AM »
I'm going to wait it out until after Christmas.  By then all the snowmobilers will have fallen through the soft spots.  I can go around them...., or just fish the left over holes.  Those snowmobiles make good structure, and the snowmobilers make good chum. ;D ;D ;D

Offline oldfisher68

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #94 on: Dec 15, 2010, 01:31 PM »
I'm ready to go. I'm going to take a drive and see what the snow banks look like and if anyone is out yet. Little Sturg usually freezes over first. I live in Sturgeon Bay and the bay is froze over. We had no snow, clouds or wind last night. It was cold, so it should of added some ice. I hope the ice shoves aren't too bad. I will report what I see. I don't check ice thickness alone.

I just got back from a drive by. Little Sturgeon froze over with rough ice (small chunks). 1 fisher, west end, tipup fishing.
4 fishers, middle of bay, portable shanty. 1 fisher pulling out perm with ATV, east end. Stevenson Pier Road.

Henderson point area. Rough ice (small chunks). Small shoves near shore, should be able to pick your way thru. No shoves in deeper water. Appears to be froze all the way across the bay of Green Bay. No fishers, no tracks.

Offline bassbull

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #95 on: Dec 17, 2010, 07:57 AM »
Hello everyone.....Bass Bull here- New one to this Goat Boy section also.I'm from Prairie du Chein -WI. Fish the Mississippi River from Prairie to La Crosse areas,love Lansing and Desoto Bay areas the best.Just chase gills and crappies thru the ice.Have been on the ice for quite some time this year already.So far this year is just a little better so far than last year.I think with all the high water we had this fall and winter so far has pushed a lot of fish into the shallow lakes to get out of the current? Every one have a good year and a safe one. STEVE

Offline silvercliff_46

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #96 on: Dec 17, 2010, 09:11 AM »
I contacted Frank at the "Hook, Line, & Sinker" sportshop in Crivitz.  Based on reports from area fishermen, he states the following:

(as of 12/16/10)  Lake Noquebay, Caldron, High Falls flowages, have about 5-7" of ice.  there still are soft spots where snow is drifted, especially when the snow is discolored (darkening).  Fishing has been slow with few guys actually out and about.  Extra cautions is advised on the flowages.

Remember flowages are not like natural lakes they have current. :o

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.