The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Hog Island Report 2/25/15  (Read 354 times)

Offline jbritch

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hog Island Report 2/25/15
« on: Feb 25, 2015, 03:53 PM »
Got on the ice at 8:30 this a.m., wind was something else, cut like a knife.  Driving on was impossible as the plowed road off Tabor Point was drifted rock solid.  So I walked out into that wind; one guy came out, drilled a hole and left a few minutes later.  When I drilled a hole the water came rushing up through about 4 inches high, made a mess and I had to stand in water, guess I could have stood on top of a snow drift but the ice is so thick my auger almost bottomed out where the ice is bare.  Sure wasn't having the luck I did on Sunday, the wind blew one of my minutes into the water (I always bring a second set).  No bites until 10:00 and then very slow but good-sized.  I tossed one into my sled (so it wouldn't swim away in the water), a moment later it jumped out and found the hole and swam back down it!  They turned small around noon so I came home with a 1/4 of a pail.  The biologist counted them again and said I had done better than the average again.  Well, anyway, there's a bowl full in the fridge ready to be fried.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.