The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Brest Bay, Monroe  (Read 2920 times)

Offline Fishondog

• IceShanty Rookie
Brest Bay, Monroe
« on: Dec 22, 2005, 10:14 AM »
Ice is setting pretty good. 1 1/2 miles out ice is 7 or 8 inches. 6 guys got 10 eyes between them last night. Warm weather coming, hope it do'nt shake it up out there. Off work next week gonna be out everydaytill the 1st. Will get back with a fish update with pics.
Fishon!

Offline skulldugary

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: Brest Bay, Monroe
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2005, 08:52 PM »
I fished the bay for years and miss it.I would'nt worry as much about a couple of days of warm weather as I would a good strong wind.Are they letting anyone park at the marina?I heard that Phil had put a stop to it.

Offline roc65

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2005, 09:31 PM »
5 bucks a car. but won't be open til after the first of the year

Offline skulldugary

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2005, 09:40 PM »
WOW,3 bucks sounds fair but 5 is a little steep especially if you buy minnows from them.Anyone remember when they ran the taxi sevice with those 2 old trucks?Man a dollar each way,you could'nt beat it.

Offline bb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2005, 04:55 AM »

New here. I live right on the bay.

They pretty much had to start charging for parking. How would you feel if you had a $50,000 boat stored there and there were hundreds of pepole on the property in the winter. There is more traffic there in January than the busiest day in July.

Clever idea though with $5 getting you a dozen minnows. You would be suprised. Most people would never spend a nickle there.

I do remember the trucks.... I haven't seen a truck on the bay for years. Since Fermi fired up.

Offline skulldugary

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 23, 2005, 06:25 AM »
BB,hello and welcome to I-S,..Fermi..LOL....Hated looking at that sucker out my back door....I tried to buy my bait at the marina if I was parking there to fish.The last couple of years I lived down there we came out from Stoney Pt.,had a friend that lived there.Like I said I miss it..

Offline swantucky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 23, 2005, 09:57 AM »
If the marina is closed is there anywhere else to park??  Sterling and ride the channel out???  The ice always seemed iffy in the channel to me.  Hell I would pay 10 bucks to park in someones driveway or whatever I just wanna get out there!!!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Offline bb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 23, 2005, 03:51 PM »
Swantucky, if you can figure out how to send me a PM or something like that I can probably help you out (minus the $10).

Being new to this board it isn't obvious how to send one.

Offline swantucky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 23, 2005, 07:10 PM »
Send you a p.m. bb.  If you want to send one just click on whomevers name and their profile will come up and it gives you the option to send them a message.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Offline bb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 23, 2005, 07:28 PM »

It's mess up. I get an error. I can't even read your pm. Think it has to do with being a newbie.

I know this will work.

[email protected]

Offline swantucky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 25, 2005, 11:03 PM »
Thanks bb,  I'll see you after the new year.

Offline usmarine301

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 06, 2006, 12:18 AM »
GOOD Morning

I just moved back to monroe, joined the marines for a lot of years, looking to get back on the ice could anybody give me a shout when they go out on the bay or dike two of my favorite spots.

thanks

usmarine301

semper fi

Offline Bigbass101

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 06, 2006, 03:51 AM »
usmarine301

God bless you for your service to our Country.  Will give a shout if I head out that way.  All depends on whether the ice comes back or not.
When the bass season is over, there's nothing better than ice fishing!

Offline swantucky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 06, 2006, 08:14 PM »
Thank you for your service usmarine301. LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!!!  If the ice comes back I will be out there on the bay or the island area of Erie.  You are more than welcome to join us anytime.  Hope for ice and pray for our troops.  Its gonna get good just hang on,  mother nature is not done with winter by a long shot.

Offline usmarine301

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 06, 2006, 10:36 PM »
Thanks for the support guys. All right sounds good i will take u up on those offers, even if i get skunked, I love being on the Ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.