Author Topic: Germ's LING thread 2005  (Read 15166 times)

trapperdirk

Re: Germ's LING thread 2005
« Reply #30 on: Jan 27, 2005, 07:42 PM »
OH Yeah Grumpy . Awesome pic that I'm now gonna steal and put in the first post on this thread . ;) ;D Thanks and Germ is gonna go ballistic when he sees that baby . ;D

TD

Mackinaw

« Reply #31 on: Jan 27, 2005, 08:40 PM »
Nice fish Grumpymoe, any idea of the weight?  Simcoe used to have lots of 3-4 pounders years back, now they’re few and far between.

grumpymoe

« Reply #32 on: Jan 27, 2005, 08:56 PM »
mackinaw...best guess is about 1 1/2 lbs.......that would be the tail..... :roflmao:...actually.......unti l i hammered that sucker on the head...it was hard to get an actual pic of the real length...or weight.....right after that....i caught and brought one to the hole.....rolled so many times....that i watched as i unrolled the fish until i could get it up the hole.....and.....GONE. ...just one of those days....i expect that when this years tourney is over.......either Mountainmama or Grump will produce an entry around 36+ inches....Grump ::) ::)

William H. Buffy

« Reply #33 on: Jan 27, 2005, 09:16 PM »
Well Grumpy, I never thought I would use the words ugly and lovely in the same sentence, But, that's a lovely ugly ling :D

Bill

BryanC

« Reply #34 on: Jan 28, 2005, 09:56 AM »
nice pic grump. keep them coming

Reelinrolly

« Reply #35 on: Jan 28, 2005, 10:40 AM »
nice pic grump!!!

BryanC

« Reply #36 on: Jan 28, 2005, 11:57 AM »
whats that ugly thing the fish has a hold of grump ;D ;D, lol jk

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
« Reply #37 on: Jan 28, 2005, 01:38 PM »
Hmmmm Garlic Butter.........Well im all Syked for this let me tell ya....Last time i was up Trappers way i wasnt sure of the Ice so i didnt venture.....Now i know shes All good..Ill be tonite i think lake of Bays way tonite......as I dont know exactly what time ill be there but i think ill try out in front of the Goverment Docks thing just past Rat bay..Should tie into one there:> Anyhow Great pics guys:> Hope ill be posting one soon:>:>
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Reelinrolly

« Reply #38 on: Jan 28, 2005, 01:42 PM »
If not ....we got a pic of you and a ling we can RE-POST.......lol...jk

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Jan 28, 2005, 01:51 PM »
Na ill wait to get a ling to post a pic,,,,,,,,Also In regards to Mackinaw and the Lack of LING seen in Simcoe........That was becasue it in the late 70's early 80's they Did a Little Holocost Number on the LING in SImcoe,...........THE MNR Netterd them by the hundred of thousands and Culled them off.....They were used as fertilizer and ALso the public was Able to come and grab as many or as much as they wanted during this time..........

The fish was considered TO be a corase fish that no one wanted .........And they ate the fry of the Game fish.......SO That is why the Few and FAr inbetween......It used to be a common site to See them all the time during Day lite hours........Now Like you said few and far inbewteen but im gonna Stalk them Next Week Over by Duclous point......

Usually when you Do hear about Ling though nowadays they are usually in the 10 15 pounds............From SImcoe.......All i keep hearing from guys is BIg lings...not alot of small Ones........hmmmm Garlic butter<> ROFL.......and Make sure to cook it in Beer:> Eh Trapper? Thats how i did it for you guys on the lake........hmmmmm Beer and Ling..........Ooo  cant wait:>
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Jan 30, 2005, 12:54 PM »
Well i went 0-3 for outings of Fishing this weekend..........Not a nibble not a bite not a Look or a twitch a SNAP OR A BUMP OR A SNAG NADDA.........oH WELL........iTS NOT LIKE THE WEATHER WAS BAD OR not anything.........just bad luck.........I tried lake of bays by dwight and LOB past rat bay..tried HArp............Almost went to try grassmere............O h welll What is a guy to do? The guy beside me with his Kid Caught a Herring........Oh well.........ANyhoot nothing exciting on the LING fling thing.........SOrry guys and Gals.......Next time......though i am getting discouraged :< LOL.....oh well..............Ill pre bait better next time as the venison fat just floated and didnt sink at all.......:< DUH! LOL anyhoot sorry no pics:>

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Jan 30, 2005, 01:52 PM »
THanks....Like i said i DId fish.I spent 3-4 hours FIrst thing i got up there friday nite aroud near 8 till almost 12.Lake of Bays..........THen FIshed LOB then  and DIffernt part of LOB then harp again. then harp at nite for ling.......LOL THat was a all day fishing ..........I fished WIth everything in my tackle box while doing Trout........The guy beside me and his Kid used Minnows for lakers and FIshed a swedish pimple WIth the Orange sticker and Yellow Tag When he caught his Herring......

I also Tried Small Little Jigs and Spoons and even spinners for specs........Imitatati on Minnows to Pink Lil worms for the SPecs......nada nothing ZIp zero.............

The weather was greta though......even now im looking outside and Want to fish but i need to spend time with the WIfe as she thinks i have a Obsession with FIshing.............

DUH...........ya think...........ROFL.. ..oh well  anyhow Next time ill be Mulching perch and PRe baiting big time for the ling and hitting LAke of Bays the PArt i used to fish at i cant go thru the yard anymore to get there.....So its a longer walk now :< lol anyways hope everyone else had more Luck then i did..........TIght lines!

BryanC

« Reply #42 on: Jan 30, 2005, 06:31 PM »
did u try doe lake germ???

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Jan 31, 2005, 07:41 PM »
Nada man >>>>>>>> My time was spent trying to locate FIsh :< And tried new spots when i should have stuck to spots i knew then i wasted alot of time Getting bait from a deer tail just to watch it float lol..........Man really then i used a dead rabbit as Bait.........really stunk bad but i thought the smellier the better and now my bag has blood and guts on it from the rabbit and it stinks like a rabbit Arse.......LOL really im serious it does:> TIght lines!

Offline minnow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ahh memories !!!!
« Reply #44 on: Jan 31, 2005, 08:06 PM »
Rabbit arse  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

thats gotta suck LMAO

minnow

BryanC

« Reply #45 on: Jan 31, 2005, 08:32 PM »
its never about fishing is it germ, always gotta smell the roses but in this case its rabbits and deer for ya.  ;D ;D

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #46 on: Jan 31, 2005, 11:03 PM »
Here is a 33 incher for ya Mr Germ. 8lb ling. BC grown though.
[/img]
Just wanted to make you drool some. We use the 3lbers for bait. Cheers from an old Ontario boy

Reelinrolly

« Reply #47 on: Jan 31, 2005, 11:40 PM »
wheres all your ling pictures germ ;D ;D ;D

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #48 on: Feb 01, 2005, 08:55 AM »
You mean his sardine pics  :woot: :woot: :woot:

trapperdirk

« Reply #49 on: Feb 01, 2005, 09:13 AM »
Thats the way Terry . Them ling pics is the way to get to Germ . :o I don't think I've ever heard of anybody having such a hard time catching them as GERM . :-\ Maybe it's because he talks so much and they understand him . ;D

TD

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Feb 01, 2005, 06:30 PM »
LORFL.........Man oh manGet the Razzing board out guys lol........Ight i do thend to chat a bit:> But im midly entertainign when i do so......

ANyhow My ling arnt BIg ill admit it .....and its not about the fish its the time YOur right GOS........I actually liked the LAke of Bays Nite when the moon came up it was Orange.looked awesome......SO No fish no biggie ......Ill get em another day.......And ya my luck for Ling this year hasnt been great 3 times out for Ling once on SImcoe 2 times In hunstville and NADa........and WEll Id love to get into a 8 pound ling but as MY skill for cathing them is making me Kind of hungry ...Oh well thats fishing  for ya.better luck to me next time........And nice one there Terrygonefishin lol.........Had a good laugh,......
Will Get athe biggun and Post a pic,............something Bigger then sardine size:> Anyhow now with all this talk of food im hungry...LOl tight lines!

BryanC

« Reply #51 on: Feb 02, 2005, 12:31 PM »
germ u should try doe lake near trapper, i wouldnt mind going up there for a day/ night trip. lots of ling on doe lake, and not to many ppl fish it. lots of pike and pickeral as well. try doe

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Feb 02, 2005, 04:52 PM »
Ok will try it next time im up.Only becasue well i havent Had luck on the lakes i tried last time might as well go 0-4 lol......anyhoot give it a try next time im up which is like a month maybe now:<

BryanC

« Reply #53 on: Feb 02, 2005, 05:01 PM »
me and rolly will prob be up in a month too so we should meet up there, trapper wants to see us on teh ice as well so it could be a grand old get together again, u up for that germ? what about u trapper?

Reelinrolly

« Reply #54 on: Feb 02, 2005, 05:36 PM »
The original four...lol

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Feb 02, 2005, 07:19 PM »
Im Game:> Dont know what i'll wear besides a referee Shirt:<
 ;D ;D
THank GOd im a nurse:> ;D ;D
Plenty of Gauze.........I don't do stiches well..........SO Keep to bruzing instead lol........Oh BOy you guys are giving me a head ache!!! >:( >:( :o :o ;D

BryanC

« Reply #56 on: Feb 02, 2005, 07:22 PM »
poor princess getting a headache ;D ;D. i think it would kept under control.

Offline joneser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GET R DONE
« Reply #57 on: Feb 06, 2005, 08:13 PM »
hey germ in a few weeks me and my buddy are going for a night trip on simcoe for your magical ling if ya want to come let me know you would hate me to post a big one   ;D thats my buddys ling from last year
well its 40 below and I dont give a %&#@ got a 40 in the truck got a heater in the hut and im off to the to the perchin grounds 

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Feb 06, 2005, 08:32 PM »
Im game!!!!!!!!!!11 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline joneser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GET R DONE
« Reply #59 on: Feb 06, 2005, 08:33 PM »
ok buddy we will talk on msn buddy
well its 40 below and I dont give a %&#@ got a 40 in the truck got a heater in the hut and im off to the to the perchin grounds 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.