The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Marsh Creek Ice conditions 1st look  (Read 1126 times)

Offline LEN F

• Team IceShanty Regular
Marsh Creek Ice conditions 1st look
« on: Dec 15, 2022, 05:51 AM »
I know it's early for any ice down in this neck of the woods but there are indications that we might be fishing before the New Year.
There is very thin ice on both sides of the bridge on Lil' Conestoga Rd. Rangers Cove has just a hit of ice way in the back. Carpenters
cove is not holding any ice at this time. However, the water temp in the main lake is 37 degrees as of yesterday. That is 6 degrees colder
that it was last year at this time. If you care to view a full video report on my YouTube channel you can do that here:
https://youtu.be/nnlOJxvZXKQ
I have the burning desire to go fishing although I know, that if I never catch another fish, that I have caught enough fish!

Offline Ice_Surveyor

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Marsh Creek Ice conditions 1st look
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2022, 07:14 AM »
Thats great news. I live about 10 mins away, I can swing by anytime to check conditions if anyone needs them.

Offline deadcold

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2022, 10:34 PM »
Awesome news.  Last year I hooked into something massive on a tip up that I lost right before it got to the hole. I was using a 4 inch perch as a bait. We wrestled for about 10 minutes but I never got to see it.  I am guessing it was a Musky but I'll never know.  Lost a lot of sleep for a week after that

Offline Drillin-n-Chillin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2022, 11:23 PM »
Fingers crossed for ice down south. Costs too much driving north, and I can’t just go for a few hours and be home.

Keep the reports coming Len, much appreciated.

Offline deadcold

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2022, 06:27 PM »
Len! I just watched your Youtube video.  That hill is too much for us old guys.  I Let the young bucks have that cove. It's all I can do anymore to walk down the bank from my truck when I park at carpenters.  Stay safe and good luck this season

Offline LEN F

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 23, 2022, 05:45 AM »
Hey DeadCold... one step at a time is the way to attack that hill. Crawling is always an option. LOL
I have the burning desire to go fishing although I know, that if I never catch another fish, that I have caught enough fish!

Offline capt.crappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 23, 2022, 06:26 PM »
Ain't lookin good round here. we might get on antietam or The big O at peters mid next week. The following week its gonna be up in the 50'S all week

Offline Smalllevel52

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 23, 2022, 08:16 PM »
I'm hoping to get onto antietam

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.