Author Topic: Best place 4 perch!!!  (Read 5238 times)

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Best place 4 perch!!!
« Reply #30 on: Dec 03, 2008, 10:42 AM »
what is a perch?
Perch is in the family with walleye, pike and sauger. IMO the best eatin

Offline bsufishinguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 03, 2008, 11:25 AM »
last year we did pretty good on Pine lake in Laporte...stayed on some pretty consistently..though none of them were huge..usually 9 or 10 inches...actually the first time i went out last year we got 35 that we fried up that night...some a little small..but taste just as good in the frying pan...

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Dec 03, 2008, 12:13 PM »
last year we did pretty good on Pine lake in Laporte...stayed on some pretty consistently..though none of them were huge..usually 9 or 10 inches...actually the first time i went out last year we got 35 that we fried up that night...some a little small..but taste just as good in the frying pan...
  You did really well 2 catch perch that size in Pine Lake in LaPorte. I have gotten into some that size but 4 the most part 5-6 inchers. It is a lot of fun though, find a weedy spot take the kids and catch them all day long. Where on the lake did you get these hogs??????? Those 9 inchers are perfect 4 eating and cleaning.

Offline bsufishinguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Dec 03, 2008, 12:35 PM »
in they bay right by gracies bait shop..they come and go..and your right ab..most of them are 5 and 6 inchers..but they all eat...haha

Offline Piggyn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Dec 03, 2008, 05:18 PM »
what is a perch?

According to a certain columnist they are apparently an endangered species.
Catching the lunkers of tomorrow today!

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Dec 03, 2008, 05:55 PM »
Yeah right, lets catch them all. I dont think so.

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Dec 03, 2008, 05:57 PM »
According to a certain columnist they are apparently an endangered species.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Dec 03, 2008, 09:56 PM »

Offline tonsaholes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Dec 03, 2008, 10:02 PM »
stone lake in la porte is a hot lake for me if you dont mind keeping a few eight inchers tomake a limit
I'd love to get the hang of this stuff ANY DAY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gill Gitter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Good friends -- Great times
« Reply #39 on: Dec 04, 2008, 03:18 AM »
after perchpalloza last year me and a few guys tried fox,and although we did no good we did see a few 12+ in. hogs in guys buckets.know they are there but its just like hunting for that B+C buck thats been eluding me.RIGHT PLACE RIGHT TIME.so i'll be on the deer chase this weekend also but next weekend might be a different story. stay safe and keep us posted when someone finds good ice,i've got an itch i'm dying to scratch ;)

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Dec 04, 2008, 09:36 AM »
??? ??? ???haha whatever

You must have missed the thread about the column by Jim Phillips?
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Dec 04, 2008, 06:21 PM »
You must have missed the thread about the column by Jim Phillips?
I remember it, he was a joke.

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
« Reply #42 on: Dec 04, 2008, 06:23 PM »

Was?  Still is!!   ;D

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Dec 04, 2008, 07:01 PM »

Not sure about being a joke, but his article was controversial to say the least here on the website. ;D I actually know him personally. He's actually quite intelligent, just has some ideas that are out there for some of us. I used to do the column he writes now.

Offline jigginstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jig Jig Jig
« Reply #44 on: Dec 04, 2008, 07:14 PM »
You might want to follow ol jigmup and asphalt kid around. As I understand a couple years ago they had a hole in Kosciusko county givin up some giant perch. LMAO Sorry shawn and Mark I couldn't help it!!! ;D

Offline Hermdog

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish Hard, Die Happy
« Reply #45 on: Dec 05, 2008, 06:08 AM »
Found it, check out "Perch Palooza" pg. 7 then check out "Perch Palooza Gets Slammed In Local Paper" on pg. 5. :whistle: That will tell the story of FOX LAKE.

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #46 on: Dec 05, 2008, 07:15 AM »
the story on fox or sylvan? hum? i herd that if you mixed the letters up you could spell the lakes real name.
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline kidd2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Dec 05, 2008, 09:57 AM »
hi everyone! happy ice season! i fished summit quite a bit this summer for 'gills, didn't do too bad, but not like years past, but i did catch alot of decent perch 10-12ins. even though i wasn't really fishing for them, maybe it's a sign that it may be a good year for 'em there! I'm sure everyone's like me, chomping at the bit to get on the ice, but, please,please be carefull!!!! and thanks for all the ice reports, I'll try to do the same when i start getting out!

Offline High Tide

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Dec 05, 2008, 11:50 AM »
They killed darn near all the weeds at Summit... I think ice fishing at Summit this year will be tough! I guess only time will tell... anybody check ice there lately?
I wish I was good at ice fishing!

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
« Reply #49 on: Dec 05, 2008, 12:12 PM »
They killed darn near all the weeds at Summit... I think ice fishing at Summit this year will be tough! I guess only time will tell... anybody check ice there lately?

Time to get some WeedEZ for Summit this winter! 

Just FYI, the State Park at Summit will be closed the next two weekends (6,7,13,14) for a special goose/geese hunt to reduce the population.  This also applies to Potato Creek.  This was an Indiana DNR Announcement that was posted on another board that I frequent.

Jeff

Offline walleyeboater

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #50 on: Dec 05, 2008, 01:52 PM »
I have the remedy to help bring Summit back to it's GLORY DAYS. Close the lake ice fishing everyother year. No ice- it can stay "open". There is away too much ice fishing pressure on Summit. I have read reports of other lakes ( not around here), that do not allow ice fishing period, and the panfishing at these places is awesome. I do not recommend that for Summit, just need a way to reduce the pressure, is my opinion.

Offline shorty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Dec 08, 2008, 12:49 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

IN MY BUCKET !!!!!!
:tipup: :) nice bucket iceman ill be doggin you

Offline bsufishinguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Dec 08, 2008, 03:04 PM »
imo..i dont think ice fishing puts that much pressure on fish...usually summer does with all the boat traffic...i have never been there in summer or on the ice...but i can bet it gets much more traffic in the summer...if they are killing the weeds off in the lake...than it would seem to me that is the problem..

Offline crappie66

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Dec 08, 2008, 07:28 PM »
I have the remedy to help bring Summit back to it's GLORY DAYS. Close the lake ice fishing everyother year. No ice- it can stay "open". There is away too much ice fishing pressure on Summit. I have read reports of other lakes ( not around here), that do not allow ice fishing period, and the panfishing at these places is awesome. I do not recommend that for Summit, just need a way to reduce the pressure, is my opinion.

You won't hurt the population harvesting a lot of bluegills out of a lake the size of Summit.  Perhaps with the extra pressure the fish have smartened up??  The same stuff doesn't work every year, so maybe the GLORY DAYS are still there its just that some people just refuse to adapt and find the fish.

Real fisherman don't yield to the weather.

Offline iceman10

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Dec 09, 2008, 03:06 PM »
:tipup: :) nice bucket iceman ill be doggin you

BETTER PUT ON YOUR WALKING SHOES IT IS A LONG WAY TO THE DAM! ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.