Author Topic: Ice Creepers For Pac-Boots  (Read 5899 times)

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
Ice Creepers For Pac-Boots
« on: Nov 14, 2009, 02:23 PM »
I need a set of creepers that will fit my pac-boots.  The bottom measures 14 inches long by 5 inches wide.  I was thinking of getting the STABILicers, but what size?

They will be used on multiple boots, but these are the largest.

To those who have them, could you measure your boot vs the cleats?

Thank You,

Kb

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline picksticker

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ice Creepers For Pac-Boots
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2009, 06:28 AM »
I've got a pair of LARGE Stabilicers. The Vibram sole measurement for them is 5 inches wide and 13 inches long.  They fit my Size 11 black bunny boots which are 5 wide by 13 long and also fit my Sorel Kaufman Pac size 11's that are 5 wide by 13.5 inches long. With the way the velcro strapping is around the heel a 14 inch long sole on a boot might be a bit of a stretch for these to fit properly but perhaps a half inch overlap at the toe might make the heel fit OK.

Best thing is to contact the mfg through their website and ask. Going the next size larger than Large might end up being too sloppy on any of your smaller boot dimensions but probably workable.

I love mine and will get another pair the minute these finally wear out---IF they ever do. Spikes are replaceable too. The cone cut screws dig in to glare ice, wet ice, and icy slopes like a 4x4 with chains all around. Because the spikes are evenly distributed on the entire Vibram sole of the creeper you have a very stable and comfortable walk with each foot step in flat balance just like your regular sole. MUCH better than the rubber slip ons that only have fish scaler teeth or chains on the front/ball of your foot and nothing on the heel.

http://www.32north.com/

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2009, 07:30 AM »
XXL
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline raptor777

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2009, 09:45 AM »
I bought the XL for my size 13 pac boots and ended up needing the XXL.  The pac boots are at my hunting cabin so I cant measure them til this weekend, but I have both the XL and XXL Stabilicers at my house and can measure em up tonight and post.  The soles were only about half inch to an inch longer.  The difference maker for me was the back strap.  The XL sole fit ok and the front strap went over the toe.  The problem I had was that the back strap wouldnt fit over the heal.  The XXL has a larger back strap that fit like a glove.  So, the bottom isnt the only thing to consider.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2009, 03:30 PM »
I wonder if they make Stabilicers in a XXL anymore I bought some in XL yesterday and the information card only shows them up to XL. I called the store today after reading this post and was told that they only go up to XL. Did something change this year or was the guy feeding me a line. ???
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Doubles Shooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 15, 2009, 04:43 PM »
Get XXL. I bought mine last season from Fish USA. They still carry XXL.

http://www.fishusa.com/Stabilicers-Heavy-Duty-Ice-Cleats_p.html

Offline raptor777

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 15, 2009, 05:54 PM »
I got mine here for 43.85 and thought I did good.  That Fish USA price is amazing though.  Alright, now for the measurements... The XLs are 5" across the ball, 3-5/8" across the heel, and 13-1/2" long.  Like I said earlier though, the sole was ok, the straps were what caused me problems with my Pacs.  The XXLs are 5-1/8" across the ball, 3-11/16" across the heel, and 14-1/4" long.  Hope this helps a little

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #7 on: Dec 15, 2009, 07:41 PM »
I looked at mine again and they are Stabilicer Lites and the XL is supposed to fit up to size 16 boots. They must be a cheaper model at $19.99. I have been using the cheap ones from HT and thought I would try a pair of these.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 15, 2009, 07:50 PM »
I bought the XXL's earlier this year, but they were the regular Stabilicers, not the Lite model.  My size 11 Cabelas Predator Extreme Pac Boots required the XXL, mainly due to the back strap issues noted in previous posts.

-Jeff

Offline carpdoctor

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Springville,IA
« Reply #9 on: Dec 16, 2009, 12:14 AM »
I bought a set of these at Gander Mountain today. They look just like the Stabilicers except they were only $25.  I wear a size 12 pac boot and I got the 13 plus size, they fit great. http://www.johnnyspond.com/ht-enterprises-scl-super-stud-sandal-cleats.html

Offline Hollywood703

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 16, 2009, 08:01 AM »
yep those are the ones im going to buy also, saw them at gander the other day.....but they didnt have any XL left......

Offline SizeMatters

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 26, 2009, 05:22 PM »
[url]http://www.jordandavid.com/html/icegrips.htm/url]

Just ordered a set of these-never saw them anywhere else-stumbled on the web site--Was looking for some from Staatsburg but they are apparently out of business :(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.