The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: New MN Members Check in Here!  (Read 175370 times)

Offline eastchannel

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: New MN Members Check in Here!
« Reply #660 on: Dec 25, 2014, 08:05 PM »
I'm eastchannel, graybeard from the southeast corner.  Fished the ice since the 50's.

Offline Gordy24

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #661 on: Dec 26, 2014, 09:19 AM »
I'm Gordy.  I live in Fargo, ND, but grew up in MN and do just about all of my fishing in MN. I haven't ice fished for very long.  Been on a few trips to LOW and Mille Lacs.  I bought myself a portable this fall and I just got an eskimo stingray auger for Christmas.  The girlfriend and I plan on doing a lot of fishing this winter!

Offline slawler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #662 on: Dec 27, 2014, 10:28 AM »
I'm Sean.  Fish mostly in Southern MN,  but make regular trips to the Grand Rapids area.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #663 on: Dec 27, 2014, 10:30 AM »
Welcome, guys!! it IS very helpful if you put your location in the "Location" spot by your pic/profile.  ;)
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline Jasonpz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #664 on: Dec 28, 2014, 12:31 PM »
Jason saint cloud area.

Offline Loraslb50

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #665 on: Dec 28, 2014, 02:29 PM »
My name is nick, I live in duluth and really like to go after pan fish and eyes.

Offline Samwacha

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #666 on: Jan 03, 2015, 12:27 PM »
Hey everyone, I'm Sam, 27 years old and live outside of St. Cloud. I like to fish upper spunk by Avon. Just built my first shanty this season. Love to fish and hunt but nothing beats being out on the ice.

Offline ndbison12

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #667 on: Jan 12, 2015, 08:50 AM »
Hey everyone, my name is Trevor. I grew up in Pequot Lakes, but currently reside in Saint Charles, MN. Still getting accustomed to more river fishing, but so far, had very good luck in my new home.

Offline Confucius

• IceShanty Rookie
  • http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confucius 479BC
« Reply #668 on: Jan 13, 2015, 04:57 AM »
Thanks for the new member welcome  :)
Confucius

Offline dakotafloyd

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #669 on: Jan 13, 2015, 07:06 PM »
Hey guys. Just joined after watching for over a year. Looking forward to getting out to the Webster area next week

Offline canyonfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #670 on: Jan 20, 2015, 10:27 AM »
I'm not sure if I qualify to join the MN page?! I am from MT but I spend about three weeks a winter in MN visiting my wife's friends and family.  Our trip usually covers the cities and grand Marais area and sometimes grand rapids.  I love to ice fish and have been able to get out a bit during these trips.  I thought I might get on here and potentially meet some folks to fish with. Cheers to watching the flasher turn red!

Offline Russj

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #671 on: Jan 22, 2015, 09:35 PM »
Hi,

I'm  Russ and am located just outside of Elk River, MN. My dad always said that fishing was for kids and old people, he didn't tAke me as a kid, so I waited until I was old! I'm 50 so maybe not that old :-)

Done a lot of ice fishing on smaller local lakes over the last several years with my "storage shed on wheels". Upgraded to a 21' Ice castle this year so now that I have something that trailers well, am exploring Mille Lacs, Red and Winnie. Fish these lakes in the summer and now am enjoying trying my luck with hard water.

Been a lurker on this board for quite awhile and have learned quite a bit. Hope to offer something back to the community as time goes on.
"Fishing is for little kids and old people"

- my father

Offline ethoma1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #672 on: Jan 26, 2015, 01:16 PM »
Eric from Mankato.  Just breaking into hard/open water fishing, and enjoying all of the info posted throughout this site!

Offline Rip_Some_Lip

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #673 on: Jan 30, 2015, 05:14 PM »
Hi all, my name is Dave and I am a fishoholic. I live in Faribault county in south central MN. Looking forward to checking the forums out. Always looking for someone to fish with me so speak up. Talk to you later and rip_some_lip!!!!

Offline DrewFlu33

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #674 on: Feb 04, 2015, 09:58 AM »
My name is Andrew.  I live in Richfield, and mainly fish the west Metro lakes.  I recently discovered ice shanty and am quite excited to get involved.  Great site!

Offline fweema

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #675 on: Feb 17, 2015, 11:16 AM »
Hey I'm Nathan from Princeton mn. Just got setup this year for the ice fishing. Been hitting up green lake a lot. I just like to be fishing catching them or not.

Offline rma1998

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #676 on: Feb 22, 2015, 09:42 AM »
Hello, I'm Randy and live in Park Rapids lakes area.

Offline papadarv

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #677 on: Mar 21, 2015, 04:38 PM »
Hi:
I am Darv, live in East Bethel. Live close to Coon Lake in Anoka County. Fish lakes around home area, in addition to LOW, Red, Ottertail, Leech etc. Semi retired so have a bit of time for fishing and fishing activities. Built a Wheel house last summer, works great - much better than the pop-up portable. Thinking of posting the build once I figure out how to do so.

Just joined Ice Shanty today, looking forward to getting involved with the site.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #678 on: Mar 22, 2015, 10:05 AM »
Welcome papadarv!

Nice having you in the Shanty!

WS

Offline bigfisher38

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #679 on: Apr 05, 2015, 09:59 PM »
Logan from St. Cloud. I fish lakes in central Minnesota. Newbie ice fisher and spear fisher

Offline Mncrappie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #680 on: Aug 24, 2015, 02:15 PM »
Kody from Lonsdale. 17 year old who is addicted to ice fishing. I fish mainly Cedar lake and lake mazasca
Just a teen who loves the outdoors

Offline MNPikeSlayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #681 on: Oct 12, 2015, 01:01 PM »
Name is Drew, from PL, been ice fishing my entire life, mainly fish the metro area

Offline Woods or shanty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #682 on: Nov 04, 2015, 05:43 AM »
Sam from Howard Lake.
I fish the hwy 7 12  55  94  & 10 corridors from the west metro - into and through out the western Dakotas.

servocam

« Reply #683 on: Nov 07, 2015, 09:27 AM »
Welcome to the madhouse Kody, Drew and Sam!   

Offline merekdurray

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #684 on: Nov 12, 2015, 08:43 PM »
Hey everyone!  Grew up fishing around Monticello, and moved to Wyoming a little over a year ago.  Mostly fishing the Chisago/Forest Lake area these days, soft and hard water. Long time lurker, decided it was time to make an account.  Hoping the temps drop soon and we start making some ice!

Offline Gatermouth

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #685 on: Nov 26, 2015, 01:37 PM »
Hi I'm from the north metro, I fish a few metro lakes but prefer to find less traveled lakes in West Central Minnesota. Lake of the woods, ottertail, red, pokegama, and a few secret potholes around grand Rapids are my favorites. I fish for everything but most of my time goes to walleye and panfish. Looking forward to some good conversation on this site.

Offline [email protected]

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #686 on: Nov 27, 2015, 04:13 PM »
Hi from Aitkin, Mn.
I fish a few small local lakes and also Upper Red.
A little ice forming around the edges here.

servocam

« Reply #687 on: Nov 27, 2015, 04:30 PM »
Welcome aboard Merek, Gater, and lr.  No ice yet for most of us, so try no to go too insane!  Last year we were lucky, and I think were hoping for the same this year.  Be sure to add your location to your profiles if you have not yet.

Offline RodBreaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's a RodBreaker!
« Reply #688 on: Nov 30, 2015, 12:10 PM »
Hello! My name is Jake and I recently moved to Minnesota. We moved to Washington County out in Woodbury. Very excited to get my first ice season in Minnesota started. I am not new to ice fishing. I usually target perch through the ice with the occasional crappie or walleye trip. Love catching walleyes but you have to travel in MI to fish them. I have researched numerous lakes already I  can't wait to hit. Any lakes you can send me names of would be great! Not looking for coordinates, just some good walleye and perch lakes. I will find them!

"Never trust a man who doesn't hunt or fish."

Teddy Roosevelt

Offline WTN4ICE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #689 on: Dec 01, 2015, 06:32 AM »
Hello Warren here. I live in Fargo but am from Pelican Rapids. I fish that area a lot mostly winter as I don't own a boat. I do however have six (yes six) portable houses !!! No wife to tell me no more. Looking forward to a good season...need some COLD temps!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.