The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Life time license in Maine  (Read 1634 times)

Offline tracker 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Life time license in Maine
« on: Apr 01, 2008, 02:45 PM »
Could someone tell me wether or not Maine is honoring the lifetime license. I thought someone at Ice shanty said they were not honoring them or they are charging additional money to keep them current.

Offline Fishingfool_2

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Life time license in Maine
« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2008, 05:26 PM »
I bought one for each of my grandkids - the oldest is only 12 but he uses his for hunting (jr license) and it cost him nothing extra.  He's been checked by the warden and nothing was said about not honoring it.
Herb

:icefish:

Offline izmirguides

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Apr 01, 2008, 05:42 PM »
I bought my son and daughter life time combo's. They honor them for hunting I do know for sure. I would not worry about this at all. The state screws up many things but Iam sure this will not be a problem.

Offline Downeaster

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Apr 02, 2008, 06:24 AM »
I have one, and after paying what they want, I expect they will have to honor it or we will take it up in the courts.

Offline pegasus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THINK ICE
« Reply #4 on: Apr 02, 2008, 10:57 AM »
How old do you have to be to get an Old Fart License, 60 or 70?
Steve

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Apr 02, 2008, 11:06 AM »

You got a ways to go Steve, 70, and free still costs you $8 bucks..... ;D (I added that because I know how fond you are of our govt. :woot:

Offline oldfox

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Apr 02, 2008, 11:46 AM »

Steve, when you get to 65 you can purchase one at a reduced price http://www.maine.gov/ifw/licenses_permits/lifetime.htm   The price gets cheaper as you get older.  I got my hunt & fish one at 65, and it already paid for itself.. :tipup:

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Apr 02, 2008, 01:59 PM »
Also disabled vets  in a war zone    or  100% disabled vets get one a free Lifetime  hunting fishing and all the goodies free to!!!  :)
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline smeltshack

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • You tell em im coming and my vex is coming with me
« Reply #8 on: Apr 03, 2008, 08:35 AM »
I have purchased a lifetime license for my son who is almost 3  now and if he is every questioned with it after he turns 16 i will fight it in court if there is ever a problem either that i will ask the judge to make the state repay the initial fee.   When it says lifetime it means lifetime. If they want to charge another fee for it, i will ask them to show me on the license where it says you need to keep paying to make it current. If it says lifetime then i'd say it is current no matter what!   Just my take on the whole issue.

Offline Butch Moore

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • OOOOPS!!
« Reply #9 on: Apr 03, 2008, 08:46 AM »
You got a ways to go Steve, 70, and free still costs you $8 bucks.....

My father's town office tried to charge him $8 each year, but I got it straightened out for him.  Once you hit the "golden" age, you pay $8 for  lifetime license.
We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. - Ben Franklin

Offline OLBLUUU

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Go Big
« Reply #10 on: Apr 03, 2008, 09:04 AM »
MY question is , why do you have even go to the town office , when i bought them for my children , a credit-like card came for them and it says on it "this is your lifetime license" , so why do we need to go to the office , the only other thing that has to be done is , when they turn a good hunting age , they have to take the safety course to receive a new card saying lifetime hunt license!!!! ????????????????????

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Apr 03, 2008, 10:29 AM »
I got the same type card for myself  only go to town office for the extra ones   for free   bear   ect...
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline Downeaster

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Apr 04, 2008, 05:44 AM »
You can buy a lifetime license once you reach 65 or the beginning of the year that you turn 65.  I may be an old fart
but still ice fish as often if not more than the younger gen.  Luckily I can pick my days being retired.  I figure buying
the lifetime license, which includes hunting, and archery, I will say around 300 dollars by the time I am 70, and I don't
have to chase town clerks each year on Jan 1st.  I think it ought to be offered to anyone who wants to get one, not
just the very young and very old.  I know I am old but still think young (I guess.)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.