The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: "The Second Last Cast" A Gathering for the Fallen  (Read 3456 times)

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
"The Second Last Cast" A Gathering for the Fallen
« on: Apr 02, 2013, 07:40 PM »
So I got to thinking today about our lost loved ones and friends that shared our passion for ice fishing! What could we do to honor their memory I thought? So this is what I came up with. I am going to put in one extra tilt for each person I'm honoring . Place them in an area near the camp with the flags up and their names on the flag. No bait, just a flag up  :tipup: for each of them!  :angel. This will be my second last gathering, but I will be putting the gear away after Saturday! We are looking at 50 degrees (slightly cooler on the Mnt.) And Sunny! The 19" we had last week will be very similar or more after the few real cold nights up there this week. The Bass are biting ,The temps are warming! Let's make this a Grand Gathering. Let's share our stories our laughs and Remember our Fallen.
I HOPE TO SEE EVERYONE BUT UNDERSTAND SOME CAN'T MAKE IT  :thumbsup:
Saturday April 6th Plainfield Pond, Sunrise to Sunset.  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline _Icecold_

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: "The Second Last Cast" A Gathering for the Fallen
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2013, 08:01 PM »
That sounds like a great idea! I'm not sure if I can make it, but I will let you know. I already put my gear away, but maybe I will pull it back out for 1 more outing. Although I looked up the directions and  it is about a 2-2 1/2 hour ride for me. I hope to be there  :tipup:  ;D

Offline Jschumacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats walking on water. Life Member NAFC
« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2013, 08:30 PM »
Ketih great Idea. You know my situation and doubtful I'll be there as much as I'd like to. I'll be thinking of you guys though. Put a trap in for me with the American flag for all our members of the armed forces. Active, non active, and fallen. With out them we would not be able to do what we do. They put their lives on the line for the rest of us ;) ;) ;) :tipup:
Hard water Tight lines Flags up. Doesn't get any better than that

Member of the G.O.D.S

Offline creek chubb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Apr 02, 2013, 08:34 PM »
hows it going new to the site great to be fishing in April hows the shore lines at plainfield

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #4 on: Apr 02, 2013, 09:06 PM »
hows it going new to the site great to be fishing in April hows the shore lines at plainfield
Solid! Its 1800 ft give or take above sea level. Not even close to a bad shore last Saturday, still snow on the edge. It was real cold up there this week! We had 19" and plenty of cold air this week! Locals keep me posted with up to date current reports.

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #5 on: Apr 02, 2013, 09:10 PM »
Ketih great Idea. You know my situation and doubtful I'll be there as much as I'd like to. I'll be thinking of you guys though. Put a trap in for me with the American flag for all our members of the armed forces. Active, non active, and fallen. With out them we would not be able to do what we do. They put their lives on the line for the rest of us ;) ;) ;) :tipup:
Yes Jeff, And its a wonderful way to spend your day! I only wish Plainfield was closer so you and your daughter could stop by for a quick hello. I think the American flag idea is awesome and I just so happen to have a perfect one for the occasion! One more extra tilt in the box for our soldiers!

Offline ice warrior

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Apr 02, 2013, 09:46 PM »
welcome creek chub to a awesome site @)

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it was easy they would call it catching
« Reply #7 on: Apr 02, 2013, 10:27 PM »

X2
It is MY responsibility to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now. Make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day. They might show up if there is enough staff working.

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Apr 02, 2013, 10:29 PM »
If anyone from the Worcester area wants to attend PM me.  I have room for 2 more people in my vehicle.  Leaving EARLY.  Keith I have plenty of extra tips if needed.
It is MY responsibility to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now. Make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day. They might show up if there is enough staff working.

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Apr 02, 2013, 10:30 PM »
Oh and Roger you have plenty of time to paint.  Tell the wife you have a meeting to go to.    ;)2

Offline rickyriged

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Obsessed.
« Reply #10 on: Apr 02, 2013, 11:49 PM »
aloha keith
i am going to try and make it out on sat
this time ill be coming out with the wife ...lol
wont know for sure till friday night...
if any one in my area wants to car pool out  and split gas
let me know ill be driving out in the grand marqie so it will be a travel light trip
:) Ill be home soon.:)

Offline chilly willy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Apr 03, 2013, 07:01 AM »
Hoping to get a buddy or two to join the gathering. Is there a local bait store with xlarge shiners?
FLAG!!

Offline big bite

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Apr 03, 2013, 07:30 AM »
not sure if I can fish but if anyone needs bait I will deliver I have sm $5 med$7 hm$8  pike bait lg $10 dz let me know by fri night!!
"Youth are our future"

Offline chilly willy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Apr 03, 2013, 07:39 AM »
That's great to know big bite. Thanks.
FLAG!!

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #14 on: Apr 03, 2013, 09:05 AM »
not sure if I can fish but if anyone needs bait I will deliver I have sm $5 med$7 hm$8  pike bait lg $10 dz let me know by fri night!!
Now that's an awesome gesture Jim! Hopefully we get a good turnout. I know there isn't much around for bait in the Plainfield area. You would be my suggestion to anyone in need.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15 on: Apr 03, 2013, 09:14 AM »
I may be forced to make this my last trip of the season...

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #16 on: Apr 03, 2013, 09:18 AM »
aloha keith
i am going to try and make it out on sat
this time ill be coming out with the wife ...lol
wont know for sure till friday night...
if any one in my area wants to car pool out  and split gas
let me know ill be driving out in the grand marqie so it will be a travel light trip
That's fine, bring the little lady. Just don't tell her about the nude beach lol. Remember fellas, you can always meet up at a park & ride lot. Leave one vehicle there and hop in another to split gas. Its easier than traveling out of your way to someone's house. There is a big lot at the route 20, route 146 & the mass pike interchange on the millbury/Worcester line. I'm sure there are others.

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #17 on: Apr 03, 2013, 09:19 AM »
I may be forced to make this my last trip of the season...
Ok Jon, I'm twisting your arm now, ya feel that  ;D :flex: :thumbsup: :icefish:

Offline BobP

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #18 on: Apr 03, 2013, 09:44 AM »
You guys are killing me,  I would love to get out once more, but that distance, I just can't afford the  $100 in gas it would cost me.

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #19 on: Apr 03, 2013, 10:46 AM »
You guys are killing me,  I would love to get out once more, but that distance, I just can't afford the  $100 in gas it would cost me.
There's got to be some guys down your way that didn't get much hard water in this season Bob. It stinks that so many that want to join live so far apart. Carpooling is the best way to cut the cost down.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20 on: Apr 03, 2013, 12:03 PM »
Ok Jon, I'm twisting your arm now, ya feel that  ;D :flex: :thumbsup: :icefish:

Dude you broke my arm....guess you'll be pre-drilling my holes LMAO!

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #21 on: Apr 03, 2013, 12:16 PM »
Dude you broke my arm....guess you'll be pre-drilling my holes LMAO!
If drilling peoples holes would get them to attend ? I would do it with a smile!  ;D 2 friends bringing 10" augers. 1gas 1 propane. I can't wait to get back on the ice!

Offline lenz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 'Ice Only' Fisherman
« Reply #22 on: Apr 03, 2013, 01:32 PM »
i'll pass, plenty of ice up the hill at the club
have fun

burp
Member of G.O.D.S

One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #23 on: Apr 03, 2013, 02:10 PM »
i'll pass, plenty of ice up the hill at the club
have fun

burp
You as well  :tipup: better yet, invite the club to the gathering.

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Apr 03, 2013, 02:56 PM »
Well the wicked witch of my house just put a kibosh on me going.  Even tho my daughter told me it was ok if I didn't go to her dance competition the douche told me no.  My daughter told me to catch a larry for her.  Wish my wife was as cool as my daughter. 

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25 on: Apr 03, 2013, 03:03 PM »
If drilling peoples holes would get them to attend ? I would do it with a smile!  ;D 2 friends bringing 10" augers. 1gas 1 propane. I can't wait to get back on the ice!

Your a good man...pretty sure I'll be taking the ride up. 

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #26 on: Apr 03, 2013, 03:32 PM »
Well it's looking like another small gathering but that's ok. I will be there with a few friends for the last trip of the season. If you plan on going, post so we know how many will be there. Those from the central, eastern and cape area this is a great time of year to be on the ice. Only the Berkshire mountains hold ice so late.

Offline pikedaddy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAGGG!!!!
« Reply #27 on: Apr 03, 2013, 06:07 PM »
Well the wicked witch of my house just put a kibosh on me going.  Even tho my daughter told me it was ok if I didn't go to her dance competition the douche told me no.  My daughter told me to catch a larry for her.  Wish my wife was as cool as my daughter.
ehhh there will be plenty of years of ice fishing ...your daughter is only young once so.Go show her some support with a smile on .when she's 18 you'll be wishing she was small again.
Off to walk on water

Offline rickyriged

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Obsessed.
« Reply #28 on: Apr 03, 2013, 06:40 PM »
ALOHA
 i am going to make it out there for sure
 this will be my last trip this year and my wife 
is more excited than i am....lol
gonna try and get my buddies on board also but you can can count me and wifey poo in
:) Ill be home soon.:)

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #29 on: Apr 03, 2013, 06:52 PM »
Awesome Rick! I noticed over 350 views but not many replies. I figured some more of the locals on shanty would be interested? Its not far for them. I'm traveling 100 miles one way. I'm betting your further. Hopefully some of the folks in the Berkshires join us. I'm sure they are aware of the gathering.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.