Author Topic: Icefishing Extravaganza Jan 09/2010  (Read 5432 times)

Offline salmoncandy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Icefishing Extravaganza Jan 09/2010
« Reply #30 on: Dec 31, 2009, 12:34 AM »
With the amount of snow now on top of the lake, i dont think there is enough cold for enough time to make it better.

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #31 on: Dec 31, 2009, 02:25 PM »
That snow has to be pushed down into the slushy water then it will harden :-\

Offline jay76

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 01, 2010, 11:08 AM »
i was at eena lake on wednesday and the ice was thick

Offline pgfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • pg fishin
« Reply #33 on: Jan 02, 2010, 10:58 AM »
The ice should be fine its suppose to average -15 for the next 7 days that should give you lots of base will it not? and get rid of some of the rot around the weeds. especially if you run some sleds out there and push the frost line down a bit

Offline salmoncandy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Jan 03, 2010, 12:02 PM »
Happy New Year everyone. Here is  a little update on our meet and greet. The ice on tabor is starting to harden. It will be day to day on that. Enna has become our second choice. If we decide on Enna lake, I will bring the hot dogs  buns but everybody will be on their own for drinks. On wed eve, Tabor Dan and I will assess the ice conditions and make the decision for Thursday morning. So keep posted here for the final results. I will call everyone that is on the sign up sheet if there is a change in plans.
 Just a quick thought. If we have 50 ish people on a lake that is surrounded by houses and one cant hide around the other side of his or her shack because their are more people there , we might find using the wilderness facilities a bit awkward . Just a thought. Keep it in mind when bringing the women and children.
Cheers

Offline tabordan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Jan 03, 2010, 02:48 PM »
There will be a meet and greet fishing day on Tabor lake  on the 9th of January. Dan Moffat from the fishing department of The Northern Hardware will be hosting the event to get to know all the hardwater fishers. There wil be free hotdogs and coffee and hot chocolate . There will be door prizes. No cost of event  just bring your fishing gear . The holes will be provided  and the warmth of a bon fire.
This will be a Family oriented event so please bring the kids and let them give ice fishing a try. There will be plenty of give aways on the ice. Dan will also be giving away a wicked ice fishing package including Berkly rod, reel and stand with many extras. In order to qualify for the pkg you need to come down to the fishing counter at The Northern and sign up. Prizes to be given out on the ice. For more information please contact Dan @ The Northern fishing department. He will also be giving out flyers with maps times ect..

Salmoncandy is the organizer of this event. His hopes and dreams for this day is that maybe the hat can be passed on the day to raise some money for the Tabor lake restoration fund and the salmon enhancement society. He is currently working on a donated prize we may be able to buy tickets for..fingers crossed.
Ok heres what you have to do. You have to stop by at the fishing counter at The Northern hardware on third and pick up a map to the event. While your there you have to fill out an entry for the door prize. This will help them gauge the participation levels for the hotdogs and such. So please do it soon and add the names for spouses or children as well. If you have any more questions feel free to contact Scott at 250-649-8971.

the worst day fishn is better than the best day of  work

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Jan 05, 2010, 08:16 AM »
How was the packing job Dan? if it was packed on weekend then with this cold....it should be good now.
According to weather man its still supposed to warm up on Saturday.

Offline tabordan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Jan 05, 2010, 12:16 PM »
tabor lake had  12 inches of slush on it monday and made for terrible sledding. even my friend meagan had a terrible time even trying to walk out on the old sled tracks. the slush was over her boots in spots and she got soaked.  :tipup:

Offline northernwillow

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Jan 05, 2010, 04:29 PM »
so what are you saying Dan
is this going to happen at tabor or are u guys planing to have it on eena
12 inches of slush and im not sure if i want to bring my kids or myself for that matter but I do have rubberboots ???

Offline tabordan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Jan 05, 2010, 06:02 PM »
all i know is it is going to be wet everywhere!i  will try to pack it down tonite with my sled  !  even my ice shack that is on skiis had a lot of water in it!  :tipup:

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Jan 05, 2010, 06:05 PM »
Snowshoes work well to but thats alot of tramping ;D

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I loves me some fishin'
« Reply #41 on: Jan 05, 2010, 07:57 PM »
12 inches of slush is too much for me    :'(    Has anyone checked the other lake Eena?   

Ise de by who catches the fish...and takes em home to Liza.

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Jan 05, 2010, 08:17 PM »
12 inches of slush is too much for me    :'(    Has anyone checked the other lake Eena?   

Salmoncandy did or was going to? SC...

Offline salmoncandy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #43 on: Jan 05, 2010, 11:03 PM »
Tabor wasnt as bad as Dan says. He is an exagerator..threre was some slush from my several reports. but no more than we are used to. the ice thickness is 12 inches of dark ice. I got called to Williams lake till thursday or early friday, so unless i have someone that i can trust to check it for me, i wont be able to tell you till friday. I believe from my reports that it will be tabor at this point. TGF are you in the area at all wed..

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Jan 05, 2010, 11:50 PM »
No I'm working Wed days, then Thursday night and Friday night. Off work at 8 am on Saturday morning :-\

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I loves me some fishin'
« Reply #45 on: Jan 06, 2010, 12:05 AM »
No I'm working Wed days, then Thursday night and Friday night. Off work at 8 am on Saturday morning :-\

Are you going home to sleep?, or straight to the Extravaganza

Ise de by who catches the fish...and takes em home to Liza.

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Jan 06, 2010, 12:26 AM »
Are you going home to sleep?, or straight to the Extravaganza

Probably straight there otherwise if I wake up after a nap it will be 2 pm and it will all be over.

Offline pgfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • pg fishin
« Reply #47 on: Jan 06, 2010, 01:05 PM »
Minus 30 out there today must be freezing that slush up a bit, plus there is lots of snow so once you drill your holes you can make a snow pack around it and will be dry, shouldnt be to many worries out there

Offline tabordan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Jan 06, 2010, 04:50 PM »
Due to sloppy ice conditions I have no choice but to cancel the Tabor Lake event for January 9, 2010. Being one of the 4 people that I know of who have put a sled through the ice recently on Tabor Lake, I feel it is best to find a more suitable lake to host this event. Also, the feedback that I have been receiving with regards to the wet/cold conditions on what was supposed to be a family event has been a deterrant to many participants. Sorry for any inconvenience but safety is my first priority.

Look for Scott to post updates as to where he chooses to hold the event.

Dan

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Jan 06, 2010, 06:46 PM »
Probably a wise move Dan not to have it if the conditions are not right especially if your sled went thru. I know I have taken young kids before on the ice and if there is slush anywhere....they will find it and end up with wet mitts and boots and it will end up being a sour day for them plus mom and dad  ;) Which is not what this event is all about. I have been hearing rumblings to from others about not coming due to alot of water on the ice.
Safety should definately come first and foremost ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.