Author Topic: ? on clam shelter  (Read 1080 times)

Offline fzrpilot6

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
? on clam shelter
« on: Dec 28, 2004, 12:49 PM »
i know this probably should be in another section but i thouhgt it might get seen more here.  i got a fish trap guide for xmas and have used it twice already, love it.  is there supposed to be a velcro loop in the middle of the "porch pole", near the middle of the door?  mine does not have one to attach the material and just flops wherever.  and one last thing,  that lowest pole rides about 1"-2" off the ground allowing wind in, did i strech the material too much when i put the molding strip on the back of the sled?  i followed the directions to a t.  ive heard some guys on here mention bending that pole with the conduit bender but how do i break the pole back down if this is done, i drive a pathfinder so i need all poles to be collasped to fit it in my truck. sorry for the long post and thx ahead of time for any help.  fzr

Offline JigAwhopper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • addicted to ICE
Re: ? on clam shelter
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2004, 01:20 PM »
Congrats on your new fish trap ;D.  I know that you have to play with the fabric and the strip in the back while the tent is pitched and observe to bottom supprt how high it's riding.  That was the part that took the longest to do.   Best to have someone sitting inside while you do it so the fron't don't lift up on it's own.  When you get it right,  the bottom support should just be touching the  floor  while you're doing this on an even surfaca,  like garage floor.  I remember that in my trap i had 1/2" of fabric left in the back once i assembled everything.   I think you need to undo the strip and reassemble again with more fabric.  Good luck!                 J

Offline Michiganmallard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2004, 03:44 PM »
I agree with JigAwhopper.  You need to pull the molding strip and readjust your fabric.  Like he mentioned it probably tipped your sled slightly off the ground when you were adjusting the material.  When I put mine together I had my lab sit in the sled  :).  You just need some weight in there to make sure it sits flat, then adjust your material so that the front rests solidly on the ground.
Also, no there isn't a velcro in the middle on the front bar.  Not sure why.  I added one on mine because the wind likes to push that front fabric around.

Member: Michigan Trappers Association, National Trappers Association, Michigan Duck Hunters Association, Wetlands Foundation of West Michigan,  Michigan United Conservation Clubs,  National Rifle Association, & Delta Waterfowl
Preserve our right to Hunt, Fish, & Trap.  BECOME A MEMBER.

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2004, 03:52 PM »
Before you pull the molding off and try to re-attach check one thing. The ends of the molding (on each side) must be 4" or more from the center seam of the tent or it could cause some binding. If that is OK than re-adjust the tent and molding. When I put JigAwhoppers Pro together we had to make several adjustments before getting it right.  ;D
Those who are brave are free ..

Offline fzrpilot6

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2004, 12:39 AM »
thx for the input guys ill pull the strip and redjust as suggested.  will also be adding that velcro to the middle.  fzr

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.