Author Topic: hehe i found it  (Read 940 times)

Offline spoxick

• Team IceShanty Addict
hehe i found it
« on: Dec 03, 2008, 10:16 PM »
so we are starting to get some ice areound here and it is pointless to use a gas auger on 4 inches of ice so i start to loook for a hand auger for cheap go to walmart and this and that and then the gf calls asks what are you doing so i tell her well why are you going to buy on you have two anyways your dads gas one and my mom and dads hand one i was likke **censored** since when did they have one..you mean you dont rember talk ing about it when we moved last spring ... nope forgot all about it so i rip apart the basment and find there auger its a mora from about 15 years ago with one tiny little spect of rust on it looks brand new just dusty blades are sharp as can be !!!! not a nad find i figure so i think after work tomorrow the gf will be eating alone and i will be on my pail !

Offline Buck762

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too!
Re: hehe i found it
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2008, 10:35 PM »
Ha, nice! Im the first, and only icefisherman in my family so I doubt I have any cool old gear lying around.... :(

Offline fishinfiend

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2008, 07:02 AM »
Gotta love the freebie ice gear!!!!

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2008, 09:03 AM »
Now you can tell your gf that since you didn't need to buy that auger you can go ahead and just get that new decked out Marcom flasher and matching camera.
I don't think she'll bother you in the store again ...    >:D

:tipup:
NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline iluvcrappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The real sports in life Bowhunting and Icefishing
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2008, 09:08 AM »
sure wish my ol' lady would call me and tell me that stuff usually I go get what I need and then she will say something after I been using it for a week or so.......now all u need to do is go get a shanty and flasher and your set for the season well besides the rods and bait ;)

Offline pike4some

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GIT R DONE
« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2008, 09:11 AM »
I don't get much free ice fishing stuff. But my father in-law dropped off some summer fishing rods for me this summer. Never even been used yet had the tags on them. Just some cheapos but good enough for the kids to use.

Offline esox13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 04, 2008, 02:15 PM »
My uncle informed me this summer that since he goes to Florida now in the winter he gave all his stuff away - 15 Beaver Dam tip ups, 10 rod/reels, hand auger, jiffy model 30 auger and his entire tackle box. I almost upchucked then considered giving him a whooping. So I am still 0 for my life as far as free stuff goes.

Offline pike4some

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GIT R DONE
« Reply #7 on: Dec 04, 2008, 03:34 PM »
OUCH THAT HURTS.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.