Author Topic: Question for Flasher guys ?  (Read 521 times)

Offline Nessmuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
Question for Flasher guys ?
« on: Nov 19, 2017, 08:15 AM »
Iam jumping into the electronic game this wintah.....Question... ..do you guys get a spare battery....or the one that comes with the unit,enough for 6-8 hours of fishing ? Also ...if the unit rides in the back of the truck at -10 ...will it have any problems running...? You know ..like your buddy heater won't run at those temps ..unless you keep the propane bottle under your armpit...lol...and thanks

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Question for Flasher guys ?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 19, 2017, 08:21 AM »
You don't need a spare battery, the one that should come with the unit should be good. No worries about the cold. Vexilar all the way!
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 19, 2017, 08:25 AM »
first, in  extreme cold temps, like any other battery, will not last that long. while in transit, put the flasher in the cab where it is warmer. My flasher is not running the entire time that I am out on the ice. after each day Iof use, fully charge the battery. If you are concerned about having enough battery for your day, get a spare $20 at Cabelas.

Offline Nessmuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2017, 08:32 AM »
You don't need a spare battery, the one that should come with the unit should be good. No worries about the cold. Vexilar all the way!

You guys talked me into a FL-18..... I already told Santa....

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 19, 2017, 08:46 AM »
Hope you are not on the naughty list. The Vexilar Fl-18 is a great Flasher. I have had mine for years. Solid as they come. Some say it is old tech. Yep that works and works good. If you did make it on the nice list. Enjoy it. You will for years.  :thumbsup:
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 19, 2017, 08:53 AM »
The battery in my Marcum has run for more then 6 years now and still going.  I bought a spare last year just in case.  I have never needed it. 

Offline Reinert

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 19, 2017, 09:10 AM »
I keep a spare battery in the truck but have never needed it.using a flasher no matter what kind definitely changes the game .

Offline Curley

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #7 on: Nov 19, 2017, 09:25 AM »
Good luck with your new unit. I keep mine in the cab , more for protection and to keep it away from people with light fingers and no moral compass.

Offline IceholeFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Nov 19, 2017, 12:31 PM »
Battery tip..... keep it full charged and in the refrigerator when not using it. A friend has 12+ years on his battery by doing this. Chilled.... Not frozen. Lol.
May ol man winter blow a cool breeze up your shorts!

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Nov 19, 2017, 12:39 PM »
You guys talked me into a FL-18..... I already told Santa....

Good choice ....some video on batteries and the FL18...CHARGE YOUR BATTERY AFTER EACH/EVERY OUTING AFTER YOU LET IT WARM UP FOR AND HOUR OR SO.

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.