Author Topic: Ice Armour gear  (Read 3151 times)

Offline deadsmelthead

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Length 47 3/4 " Girth 24" NY Northern Pike
Ice Armour gear
« on: Nov 17, 2006, 04:25 PM »
Checked out some of this pricey gear today at gander, pair of gloves $30, pants and jacket $300 any one own any ? Id like to hear how they hold up I put my gear through hell. I like to find gear that can take a beating. The gloves didn't look like much for 30 bucks and the jacket and pants well I really couldn't tell.
TeamNumbnutts on youtube ... Subscribe !
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=teamnumbnutts&sm=3

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
Re: Ice Armour gear
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17, 2006, 04:29 PM »
I own the ice armour suit, the gloves as well as a fleece jacket. The suit is great and worth every penny, same with the fleece jacket I wear it all the time. The gloves on the other hand and not worth the 30$ as they are not water proof as the claim goes...but they are warm and not bad gloves if they were cheaper then $30

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 17, 2006, 05:50 PM »
I've owned a suit for a couple of years now and it has gotten some HEAVY use and has held up fine ;D In addition to the ice, I use it when running charters in the spring as well as in the nasty weather on the salt here in the fall. It is still waterproof and has no holes tears or other signs of premature wear... I just sold mine to a friend and am expecting the new Extreme black and grey one to show up in a couple of days

Ice armor, they're not just for ice!

Offline gaudetskie

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's called Leinenkugels and it means Great Beer!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 17, 2006, 05:51 PM »
I looked at the bibs but I'm to cheap to spring for the $. I wear carhartt bibs for work and swear by them!! If it gets to cold (-30 plus wind) I'll throw some long jons and I stay warm all day. (and into the night.....and then into the next day :D)

If your going to play Russian Roulette, use a gun with a clip and don't go first!

Offline icefshninnh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 18, 2006, 01:47 PM »
was looking at the ice armor in the catologs but its not made in realy big sizes

Offline JerryofWNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get involved with your local club!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 18, 2006, 03:41 PM »
I got mine for Christmas last year from the kids. I love it. We didn't have too many really cold days last year, but I'm sure it will keep me warm. I did fish in a drizzling rain a couple times last year and not one bit of moisture came through. Not even in the shoulder area where it would on my carhart.
"Earth................. ...................... ... it's a dangerous place to live."      
        Chainsaw

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 18, 2006, 05:27 PM »
was looking at the ice armor in the catologs but its not made in realy big sizes

How big is really big???? I know for a fact they come in 2XL...

Offline icefshninnh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 18, 2006, 07:03 PM »
5xl tall they said at 1 time they went to 6x but there wasnt a large demand so they stoped making them

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 20, 2006, 07:35 AM »
Holy CRAP!!!!! :o :o :o How tall do you have to be to need a 5X ????

Offline icefshninnh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 20, 2006, 10:09 PM »
im 6 4 but the weight is the thing lol over 400 since i broke my back getting back down in weight is a slow task but i still get out and fish and can walk so im greatfull to still enjoy the great out doors

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.