Author Topic: Frabil Commando and 20lb. propane tank  (Read 415 times)

Offline dml78

• Team IceShanty Regular
Frabil Commando and 20lb. propane tank
« on: Jan 26, 2009, 06:01 PM »
Hi all,
I am looking at getting a Frabil Cammando and was wondering if I can easily transport a 20 lb. tank in the tub with the transport cover on. I run a mr. heater cooker from the tank and want to know if I will have enough room in the sled. Thanks.

Offline dml78

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Frabil Commando and 20lb. propane tank
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2009, 05:59 PM »
Anyone?

Offline GrizlyGarou

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2009, 06:44 PM »
How much stuff do you plan on dragging out and what are the dimensions of the sled?

"One hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in or the kind of car I drove, but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child."  Anonymous

Offline bassinbrian_on_ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Lakers are Fun !
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2009, 06:51 PM »
Not sure what size that model is, but i have the smallest fishtrap (scout) , hauled and used my 20lb tank a lot in there ... since then i got a 10lber just due to weight and the 20 was over kill , but it worked with my little shack !
Just passing time until spring Stripers !

Offline dml78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2009, 07:20 PM »
Dimensions are Folded: 60"(L) x 35"(W) x 18"(H) Weight: 59 lbs. I have a heater/cooker, LX-3, 3 rods, 6 inch laser hand auger. I dont have a machine so I walk when I fish but my spots are never over 1/2 mile. With the 20 lber. weight may be an issue. The 10lber. may be an option. Any one own a commando that can give me suggestions on how they have theirs setup as far as heat/flasher and if you have had issues with transport. Thanks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.