Author Topic: Adventure (Title Change) Sometimes one is enough. (More Picts Added)  (Read 1929 times)

Offline AngelsPapa

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Adventure (Title Change) Sometimes one is enough.
« Reply #30 on: Feb 27, 2013, 11:29 AM »
Hey Oddfish... did you get my PM?

Offline Oddfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Feb 28, 2013, 01:18 AM »
Hey Oddfish... did you get my PM?

Yes, I tried that hole last night and nothing, I did lose one on a jig in closer, and got a PB last night on another line, but that was it for the evening.  I might try another lake Friday evening, I'll wait for the swamp reports to come in this morning, probably not going to be good news, or kid friendly, might have to go after trash fish (I say laughingly).

OD
stick around something odd will come out soon.

Offline AngelsPapa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Feb 28, 2013, 06:37 AM »
I'm thinking of trying a different lake myself. This rainy warm-up is depressing...may need to go further north. I put together some new sets last night. Pretty proud of myself :) Can't wait to try them out!

Offline Oddfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Feb 28, 2013, 09:46 AM »
I'm thinking of trying a different lake myself. This rainy warm-up is depressing...may need to go further north. I put together some new sets last night. Pretty proud of myself :) Can't wait to try them out!

Nice, I have plans to modify mine, but at this point I can fish or invent.......I'm fishing..........not much time left with temps and kids birthdays upcoming, then salmon season, then back to the ocean, and or trout, then striper and ocean until late Nov.  Then walk around like a deranged cow groaning and carying on until first ice, repete seasonally.

OD

Offline Oddfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Feb 28, 2013, 10:25 AM »
The Return the next day for the cusk traps.

We returned the next day to check the cusk traps.  I let Luke pull my traps and Em pulled hers.  They were set up pretty much in two rows about 10 yards from each other......So some days luck does play a role.  Luke went  0/6 and  Em went 4/6 on her lines.  Luke hasn't given up ice fishing yet but needs a Bow tomorrow or he will be getting grumpy.....LOL.  Some Picts. below

The kids with the first cusk, a true runt, it was released

Making ice cubes not snowballs

Em's cusk haul

My PB after returning in the evening to pull the lines before the storm, released as it was the first fish of the day.........By 3 minutes.....0003 in the morning...arg!

Oddfish

Offline nixstyx

• Team IceShanty Regular
That last one is nice!
I feel for Luke. Poor guy, sometimes it just seems luck is against you. Hopefully he can get into some fish soon.

Offline HardTellinNotKnowin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Feb 28, 2013, 12:49 PM »
My PB after returning in the evening to pull the lines before the storm, released as it was the first fish of the day.........By 3 minutes.....0003 in the morning...arg!

That last fish had some shoulders.  Have to respect that you respected your ritual!  Maybe you'll catch him next year 1lb heavier!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.