Author Topic: Hand Auger Handles  (Read 1569 times)

Offline spoofhoundicefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hand Auger Handles
« on: Oct 18, 2018, 07:23 PM »
so loaned my strikemaster handle to a buddie who had lost his last year.  short story he says he gave it back but it never made it back to my grubby little hands.  short of buying a new auger for the handle can you buy just the handle somewhere as dont use the drill under 3 inches and some years that is all we get this far south.  any ideas would be appreciated. 

Offline Sandcountrylivin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Hand Auger Handles
« Reply #1 on: Oct 18, 2018, 07:58 PM »
I don't have any part numbers for you and a quick search on eBay came up empty, but I didn't do a ton of digging. I had an idea if I was in your predicament I would ask any of the knowledgeable gentleman who might know if the mora and lazer handles are interchangeable (I can't remember if you stipulated that your strikemaster was the 'lazer') and if so I would head straight to Craigslist and buy a used mora. Where I'm from there are 10 or more mora's  at any given time for sale and can be had for $10-20. Just make sure if they are interchangeable that you purchase a blue mora that has a bolted on handle and not a threaded on handle. All of this long winded idea is only necessary if you can't buy the handle separate.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Oct 19, 2018, 06:32 AM »
Strikemaster, Mora Eskimo and Nero should all have the same handles. Except Nero is off set but it does fit my Eskimo.
<===Lefty===

Offline marknpanfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 19, 2018, 08:12 AM »
I won't use the handle under 3" also. Because  I won't be on the ice till 4". I am larger than the average guy and like ice fishing so much I want to do it next year and so on.

Offline wirenut45

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Oct 19, 2018, 03:08 PM »
so loaned my strikemaster handle to a buddie who had lost his last year.  short story he says he gave it back but it never made it back to my grubby little hands.  short of buying a new auger for the handle can you buy just the handle somewhere as dont use the drill under 3 inches and some years that is all we get this far south.  any ideas would be appreciated.
spoof, i,ve got 2 new type (crossbolt attach) that i never use since i have Clam plates. PM your addy ,n, i,ll figure how to get you 1. wire   p.s., saw them the other day ,n, wondered what to do with them.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Oct 19, 2018, 06:12 PM »
thats it.  thanks

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Oct 19, 2018, 08:03 PM »
thats it.  thanks

They got 10%off your first order but send 20%off all the time.. like if you need blades for that auger 20%off is do able or jiging rapalas or balas raps etc. All ways worth signing up for.. could even google coupons at places like retail me not etc.
 See if they list any thing??

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Oct 19, 2018, 08:12 PM »
WARNING: Cancer and reproductive harm www.P65Warnings.ca.gov

did you happen to see this warning at the bottom of the description on the handle.  lmao.  them folks in california are kinda crazy.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Oct 19, 2018, 08:27 PM »
WARNING: Cancer and reproductive harm www.P65Warnings.ca.gov

did you happen to see this warning at the bottom of the description on the handle.  lmao.  them folks in california are kinda crazy.
Maybe someone should put out a warning to them Cali folks that hugging trees is cancerous.  Something about tree sap touching open sores. Or perhaps Harding of arteries from the sap. Oh Hell them people are all saps.
<===Lefty===

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Oct 19, 2018, 09:11 PM »
<===Lefty===

Offline Slabseek3r

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Oct 19, 2018, 09:26 PM »
Maybe someone should put out a warning to them Cali folks that hugging trees is cancerous.  Something about tree sap touching open sores. Or perhaps Harding of arteries from the sap. Oh Hell them people are all saps.
Well, coffee was labeled as a carcinogen, so hugging trees seems like a likely one as well.
 In response to the question, my cousin runs a plate with a strikemaster, I'll see if he still has the handle
"I love the freedoms we got in this country, I appreciate your freedom to burn your flag if you want to, but I really appreciate my right to bear arms so I can shoot you if you try to burn mine"
-Johnny Cash

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #13 on: Oct 20, 2018, 09:05 AM »
How about $23.88 from Eskimo.? https://www.geteskimo.com/Parts/LoadNewStructure/1971#diagramHeader

Looks like the winner.

$23.88 for the angle yet strikemaster charged $40.......what a fricking joke.

Offline Chuck Enwinde

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Oct 22, 2018, 05:25 AM »
Did y'all miss the gesture from Wirenut45?  I'm up in Canada and don't know the exchange rate but free has to be better than $25?

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Oct 22, 2018, 05:46 PM »
yeah i sent him a pm.  thanks

Offline wirenut45

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Oct 23, 2018, 05:52 AM »
Spoof, neither rain nor snow nor dark of night shall keep that handle from your cold, dead hands, wait, thats guns. anyway, mailed it monday, so you,ll have it soon. wire

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17 on: Oct 23, 2018, 06:03 AM »
Spoof, neither rain nor snow nor dark of night shall keep that handle from your cold, dead hands, wait, thats guns. anyway, mailed it monday, so you,ll have it soon. wire

<===Lefty===

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Oct 24, 2018, 06:30 PM »
man i love this site.  thanks a bunch wirenut. 

Offline Noon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Oct 24, 2018, 09:53 PM »
spoof, i,ve got 2 new type (crossbolt attach) that i never use since i have Clam plates. PM your addy ,n, i,ll figure how to get you 1. wire   p.s., saw them the other day ,n, wondered what to do with them.

People like this restore faith in humanity. I love the iceshanty community! :tipup:
It doesn't sound that appealing to most people I talk to, but going out onto a frozen lake and staring into a hole for the day is my favorite thing to do.

Offline wirenut45

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Oct 25, 2018, 08:59 AM »
People like this restore faith in humanity. I love the iceshanty community! :tipup:
Noon, my 1st. wife would disagree about the humanity part, tho she,d partially agree since she thought i was that part of humanity that food touched last. previously eaten food. lol wire

Offline Noon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Oct 25, 2018, 09:46 AM »
Noon, my 1st. wife would disagree about the humanity part, tho she,d partially agree since she thought i was that part of humanity that food touched last. previously eaten food. lol wire

Maybe I should have adjusted my comment to, "Restores MY faith in humanity"   This way no one's ex-wife can shame your generosity  ;D
It doesn't sound that appealing to most people I talk to, but going out onto a frozen lake and staring into a hole for the day is my favorite thing to do.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #22 on: Oct 25, 2018, 10:21 AM »
Good work Wirenut45 helping out a fellow Ice Shanty member. :clap: :thumbsup: Your actions make me proud to be a member of this great website.
Steve

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Oct 25, 2018, 07:46 PM »
got the handle today and let my 10 year old tear into it and it was almost like x mas for him as i didn't tell him what as in it.  he was thrilled cause he likes to just cut holes when fishing gets slow.  thanks again wirenut.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.