Author Topic: Lake Aeroflex & Swartswood  (Read 25804 times)

Offline radzicto

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Happiness is a big gutpile.
Re: Lake Aeroflex & Swartswood
« Reply #90 on: Dec 09, 2007, 10:41 AM »
I was under the impression the rangers closed the boat launch at Big Swartswood. I would give it  a shot, but only if the launch was open. Anybody been? Anyone called the office for a closing date? I might call on Monday. No vacation days left so it would have to be a weekend to get out in the boat.     ???

Offline Jigmeister

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #91 on: Mar 05, 2008, 09:21 AM »
Does anyone know when the boat launch at Swartswood will open up? I ice fished Swartswood this past weekend andsaw that it was a few warm rains from being ice free.

Offline radzicto

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #92 on: Mar 05, 2008, 11:17 AM »
Here is the phone number for the office. Call and ask when they are going to open the ramp. It should be when they think the ice will be gone for the year and not before.

973-383-5230

Offline CrappieGuy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 715-379-2376
« Reply #93 on: Mar 08, 2008, 10:03 PM »
If it doesn't warm up here soon I will have to use the extension on the Gas auger.  Almost bottomed out last weekend and it was -10 & -15 the last two nights so it made more ice!!!!!!

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
« Reply #94 on: Mar 10, 2008, 11:46 AM »
If it doesn't warm up here soon I will have to use the extension on the Gas auger.  Almost bottomed out last weekend and it was -10 & -15 the last two nights so it made more ice!!!!!!

I know its been a few weeks since I was on Swartswood but I'm pretty sure they didn't pick it up and move it to Sconnieland
Proud to be Pro Staff!!!    Gut cookies?

Walleye count for 2015    21 landed up to 25"

Offline radzicto

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #95 on: Mar 10, 2008, 12:54 PM »
Drove by Swartswood Sunday. Only ice I could see was off the swimers beach, out about 100 feet. I would not walk on it even if it's still there. Swartswood is now an open water lake if you ask me.

Offline Jigmeister

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #96 on: Mar 13, 2008, 08:04 AM »
Is the gate at the East Shore boat Launch open? I'm looking at going out this weekend.

Offline radzicto

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #97 on: Mar 13, 2008, 09:11 AM »
Go back to march 5 on this thread and get the phone number and call them for info at the office. Post the results if you get any details. The campers beach had white/orange traffic horse's on the dirt road to that area, down in the camping area. The crappers were locked as well, I would expect the same for the main bath house. If you can get down there(ASK AT THE OFFICE FIRST) you could launch a small boat off the campers beach. The old Rabbit Patch has a dirt ramp, but it might be muddy/soft, that's another possibility. I may just take a ride over Saturday and check myself.

:thumbsup: :clap: :bow: :whistle:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.