The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Devils lake  (Read 1183 times)

Offline ufflmaster

• IceShanty Rookie
Devils lake
« on: Dec 19, 2018, 02:13 PM »
The state park in Wisconsin...not the Dakota's one. How is the ice fishing there?

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
Re: Devils lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2018, 06:00 PM »
Sorry I can't help. All I know about Devil's Lake is a few years back a guy (state trooper) was out in a canoe dangling his feet over the side to cool off. Musky thought it was food and tore him up pretty badly. Lotsa stitches... No help but a good story (and a true one).
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline LENNY

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2018, 04:51 AM »
Been a while since I have been there, work the edges for panfish and sport fish (look for holes where people have already fished). If you are looking for Trout they are out in the deeper water, it is like a big bowl, they just keep swimming around so use something flashy to get their attention.

I believe the Musky story from below was actually on Twin Valley lake in Governor Dodge state park, I think Devils lake has Northern but don't remember Musky being there.

Good Luck.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2018, 07:09 AM »

I believe the Musky story from below was actually on Twin Valley lake in Governor Dodge state park, I think Devils lake has Northern but don't remember Musky being there.

Good Luck.

Now you said that, you are correct. I don't know why I keep confusing the two (ain't the first time). Thanks!
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2018, 11:33 AM »
Last time I was at Devils lake state park we got busted for having fireworks. (Ok M80's) maybe 35 years ago.

Offline FilletShow

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2018, 04:56 PM »
Never got pike or pannies through the ice.  Only trout.  Dead sticks with fat heads, jigging spoons, raps, etc., to get their attention.  Get away from the crowds, and you’ll find them.  It’s a bowl, as previously said, so work out at different depths.  Your flasher is barren, then a mark and a hit.  Don’t take your eyes off the blank screen.  Freezes late, so be careful.

Fs

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.