Author Topic: Pea Porridge Pond, NH Parking  (Read 1434 times)

Offline JOz15

• IceShanty Rookie
Pea Porridge Pond, NH Parking
« on: Jan 14, 2024, 06:49 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Finally some cold weather coming in! I'm staying in Intervale in February and I am going to fish Pea Porridge Pond on the recommendation of a buddy. I see that there is a boat ramp at the top of the pond. My question is whether there are other access points with good parking. I noticed a few associations but sounds like they are private and take it seriously! Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Good luck out there and be safe! - JOz

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Pea Porridge Pond, NH Parking
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2024, 02:27 PM »
Which pea porridge pond? There are 3 of them
Every fish is a good fish!

Offline JOz15

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2024, 06:41 AM »
I was thinking big Pea Porridge Pond, unless I'm better off at the smaller ones. I've never fished any, so I'll go where I know I have access. Thank you.

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2024, 10:15 AM »
I was thinking big Pea Porridge Pond, unless I'm better off at the smaller ones. I've never fished any, so I'll go where I know I have access. Thank you.

That's pretty much the only access for Big pea. You can get to where you need to be from there pretty quickly.
Every fish is a good fish!

Offline jigmaster5

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2024, 12:41 PM »
I would just stick to the public ramps for the pond you mentioned....probably wouldn't be trouble this time of year at association beaches....but on the other hand not worth the risk when there's public access.

Check NH Bathy maps....Clark Guide is also good for finding access....

Good luck!   :tipup:

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2024, 01:11 PM »
I have found some associations in NH are absolute *****s with "trespassers".
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline Lyndsey Marie Burke

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2024, 09:03 AM »
 I live right near Big Pea Porridge and yes it is great fishing. But as of right now there hasn’t been any one on the pond as the ice has been very sketchy. I last check it on 01/20/2024 and there was about 1/12 to 2” of ice and around the shore it was no good and that was by the boat ramp. You can park along the side or boat ramp road as long as you don’t block anyone in. If you are going in February hopefully it will be good. As of now you could probably walk out and fish but I wouldn’t drive anything on it.

Ms. Lyndsey M Burke

Offline Steve H.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 24, 2024, 11:29 AM »
Great first post Ms. Burke, thanks for being helpful.  And nice rainbow too!

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 24, 2024, 12:03 PM »
I live right near Big Pea Porridge and yes it is great fishing. But as of right now there hasn’t been any one on the pond as the ice has been very sketchy. I last check it on 01/20/2024 and there was about 1/12 to 2” of ice and around the shore it was no good and that was by the boat ramp. You can park along the side or boat ramp road as long as you don’t block anyone in. If you are going in February hopefully it will be good. As of now you could probably walk out and fish but I wouldn’t drive anything on it.

Nice … :tipup:
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 24, 2024, 03:05 PM »
Nice fish!

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 24, 2024, 04:53 PM »

Well done... nice rainbow - and welcome.

Offline JOz15

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 26, 2024, 08:17 AM »

Thank you for this information! I appreciate it, and beautiful fish!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.