Author Topic: Cooks Bay report  (Read 12871 times)

Offline MILLERMANKT

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Cooks Bay report
« Reply #60 on: Dec 30, 2005, 10:43 PM »
Mac,
Hope the back feels better.

Offline joneser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GET R DONE
« Reply #61 on: Dec 31, 2005, 06:38 AM »
well mac hope the back is better sounds to me like a little dr. winter off hehehe... anyway hope you are feeling better soon tight lines
well its 40 below and I dont give a %&#@ got a 40 in the truck got a heater in the hut and im off to the to the perchin grounds 

Offline krustydawg

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bucket of Guts
« Reply #62 on: Dec 31, 2005, 11:05 AM »
      Just returned back to Ohio yesterday evening from our trip to Lake Simcoe and what a great trip !  Ended up short of our possesion limit but we were being picky the last couple of days.  On Thursday Tony caught one of those Jumbo's Germ was telling us about, it went 14".  I about fell out of my chair when that fish came into view on the camer (aqua vu) !What a PIG !!!!!LOL. 
      Everyone in the area was more than helpful with making our trip a success.  I am green with envy that I don't have such an ice fishing hole in my backyard ! LOL  Thank you to DC Marine Services for bait, licenses and a place to lay our heads.
     Most of all I would like to thank Germ (Jeremy) for going out of his way to help us out.  You found us a place to stay, put us on fish, and gave us directions on where to park.  Could'nt ask for anymore than that !  You my friend are a class act !  I wish we could have spent more time with you on the ice, but there is no way in hell I was coming out of my shanty when that rain came ! LOL !  Thanks again Jeremy and I will contact you if we make it up that way again in February or so.  If not this will definitely be atleast a yearly trip for us !  Next year I will bring the larger shanty so all 3 of us can sit in it and play the Aqua Vu video game !
    Thanks again to everyone in the area for making memories that will last a lifetime.
    Germ send me your email address and I will forward the pics to ya !

Krustydawg   

Offline Road Toad

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #63 on: Jan 02, 2006, 08:49 AM »
Here we go boys, it's all good out there now! ;D ;D The 1 inch of white ice is now nice and clear thanks to the mild spell. Guys are parking on the ice but not me, not just yet. When we came in yesturday the ice was cracking around a few full size pickups. But a good 7 inches on the Gilford side right out to the crack half way to Keswick ;D ;D Has anyone else been getting minnows from the store in Gilford and half are dead by the time you get out fishing, or is there soming wrong with my pail?

Offline willbilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ONTARIO NEW YORK
« Reply #64 on: Jan 02, 2006, 09:16 AM »
Hey Mac!! I gotta thank you for hooking me up with Peter! We stayed at his place and him and his family are awesome! Great Room! Great Fishing!About 4 hours from Rochester, not bad considering the fishing. Plan on going up again early Feb.I was able to buy my license at a place called Robinson's Hardware in Barrie.

Offline utes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #65 on: Jan 02, 2006, 01:27 PM »
 Went to Gilford on Sat. with fish4fun and we hammered the perch as probably did everyone else ;D. The huts were being put out and yes, there were guys parking on the ice ???. Little crazy as there was probably 6-7 in. of good ice but they were parked right next to each other :-\. Anyway, we fished in 24 ft. of water and used minnows,waxies,spikes,eye balls. You could spite in the hole and catch fish (lol). I only kept fish 8 in. and bigger and i limited out with a nice feast. I got a few at 14 in. , about 20 or so between 10-12 in. , and the rest where 8's and 9incher's. Fish4fun also limited out and kept nice sized fish also. And yes, I did have the bigger one of the day at the 14 inch mark.;D Gilford was packed with guys/girls out fishing. It seemed as though minnows were catching all the bigger fish as spikes and waxies hooked the smaller ones. There is a hut in Gilford that sells bait right on the ice as you are walking out , just to let you guys know. We got our bait before that so i'm not sure how it is. It was a nice ending to the license we bought last year and used all year long . Now it's time to purchase another one when we hit up Kesawick on the weekend of the 20th. and hammer them again. We'll be staying at DCMarine as did krustydawg. Nice place/nice people. Germ, I used Frank's method w/o bait on those jigs you turned me onto and did well too(lol).Damn , what a beautiful day it was. Stay on top, Utes

Offline Sawlog

• IceShanty Rookie
  • YeeHaw!, I'm loving it
« Reply #66 on: Jan 02, 2006, 07:16 PM »
WTG Utes ;D Thanks for the update ;D enjoy ;D

Offline utes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #67 on: Jan 02, 2006, 07:58 PM »
Mac, Thanks for the info. on the lively minnows. I'll have to get'em from peter from now on. I just hated to get there and find out he did'nt have any. Hope the back feels better. Stay On Top, Utes

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
« Reply #68 on: Jan 06, 2006, 12:46 PM »
Was Out there this morning and Started out in 24 FOw then Caught a bucket full of perch (threw them all back)  Then We decided to head out a lil deeper to try in the area for Lakers and whitiefish... (WEll not a Area that is known per say but we diceded to go deeper for larger fish.) ANyhow Ended up in around the 38-48 SOmewhere near there  ANd Started to hit nicer SIze in the Perch....
Used a SImcoe Creeper They look Like the MEgz or Bad boyz.. but we got the mini versions as well and the PErch kept hitting that... Instead oif the tubes though i used dead minnows as the ENd piece... Anyhow Caught Lots of Perch.. DIdnt count but bewteen the 2 of us... Probably my best guess is around..150? DOnt know... But that is probably accurate..   One line down... and one line up high for lakers lol . Only kept 18? SOmewhere near there... Mostly becasue of the Lungs coming out... They are nice size mind ya but we usually catch and release... Anyhow... The ice is good... Lots of huts out there and where i was was almost a foot of ice.... ANyhoot... Tight lines!! ALmsot be Driving out there soon!!!
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #69 on: Jan 11, 2006, 03:39 PM »
      Just returned back to Ohio yesterday evening from our trip to Lake Simcoe and what a great trip !  Ended up short of our possesion limit but we were being picky the last couple of days.  On Thursday Tony caught one of those Jumbo's Germ was telling us about, it went 14".  I about fell out of my chair when that fish came into view on the camer (aqua vu) !What a PIG !!!!!LOL. 
      Everyone in the area was more than helpful with making our trip a success.  I am green with envy that I don't have such an ice fishing hole in my backyard ! LOL  Thank you to DC Marine Services for bait, licenses and a place to lay our heads.
     Most of all I would like to thank Germ (Jeremy) for going out of his way to help us out.  You found us a place to stay, put us on fish, and gave us directions on where to park.  Could'nt ask for anymore than that !  You my friend are a class act !  I wish we could have spent more time with you on the ice, but there is no way in hell I was coming out of my shanty when that rain came ! LOL !  Thanks again Jeremy and I will contact you if we make it up that way again in February or so.  If not this will definitely be atleast a yearly trip for us !  Next year I will bring the larger shanty so all 3 of us can sit in it and play the Aqua Vu video game !
    Thanks again to everyone in the area for making memories that will last a lifetime.
    Germ send me your email address and I will forward the pics to ya !

Krustydawg   

WEll Krusty LOL SOrry i didnt even See this post.... Thank you every so Much for the Kinds words.... And for the Phone Call today thanking me lol..... If you ever need to contact me Just Pm me On here.... Much easier and Less costly on your phone Bill.... LOL... I would have liked to have spent more Time with you 2 out on the ICe but SOmetimes Sadly I Don't have the TIme to fish all Day lol...  AS per YOur FIshing Trip being Good.. Im glad... ALso GLad the accomodations were to your Liking as well..    Next Time your COming DOwn PM me again or Call if you wish lol... I'll do some Scouting for the Monsters for ya.... At presnt i have a new spot and better SPot for ya to hit... Not much further but deffintly SOme Bigger Hens....Glad you got into a Nice one... HJavent Had a Biggun Yet myself... THis year anyhow.... But i've beentrying to target diffeent species anyhow... LOL  ANyhow Will send ya a PM with my Email so you can send the pics and ill post them on here for ya!!! TIght lines and GLad you had a great time......

Germ
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Jan 11, 2006, 03:46 PM »
Ok just so we know...
AS per right now the south part of the bay (aka Pine beach area Near glenwooods 8 FOW) There is about 14 inches of ice and a Truck was out there Yesterday.... WOuldnt suggest Ever Driving On the lake but just for refernce points....
The PArt of the Bay near OLdhomested (Pumphouse area)
I was out ther About 1 Km out Or more the other day and it had like 7-12 inches of ICe... Varied from spot to spot but for the Norm like 10 inches .... ANyhow.... But today thers like 1 and a half inches of wate ron the iice in spots.....

ANyhow Thast the Ice Reports...
AS to the PErch... They are still hitting like mad.... Live bait preferably but Bugs and Jigging raps and that sort of thing still working fine...

WIth now a deadly new Lure to use the Humpback Crpper which can be bought at D.C. Marine... I like they better then the others becasue of the pain jobs are nicer... More professional... ANyhow... TIght lines and GOod luck out there!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.