Author Topic: Clothing line- Need some help  (Read 842 times)

Offline bassassasin14

• IceShanty Rookie
Clothing line- Need some help
« on: Dec 11, 2011, 10:55 PM »
So here's the deal guys. My grandpa lost his battle with cancer this past summer and he was a huge fisherman and hunter. I want to start small and make some tshirts and hats to sell and proceeds would go to the Canadian cancer foundation and heart and stroke. The thing is I want to make it sort of a brand name. Im having troubles thinking of a clothing name that somewhat incorporates hunting and fishing into the name. I want it like _______ outdoors apparel or ________outdoors team. Let me know what you think and if you have any ideas? Thanks

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Clothing line- Need some help
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2011, 10:55 AM »
sorry to hear about your gramps Bassassasin.  Being an avid hunter and fisherman I'm sure he probably lived more happy times than many ever get a chance to!

Sounds like quite a project you're taking on, but a worthy cause.  What about something like 'hunting for a cure outdoors wear' or 'fishing for cure' or something?  It might be tough to get it going, but you never know how big it could get if you do it right....look how huge movember got, and it's only been around for a few short years....and I'd say that was a pretty far-fetched idea to start out with!

You've certainly got a good bunch of outdoorsmen on here to bounce ideas off and maybe a good place to start selling your wares once ready.  Good luck!
Tight lines

Offline bassassasin14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2011, 01:15 PM »
Thanks DL hopefully i get some ideas! would really like to make this happen!

Offline middlewick

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2011, 07:30 PM »
Couple things popped into my mind, and the 1 I keep coming back to is simply WILDLIFE APPAREL. May or may not work.

Offline the jigs up

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2011, 09:16 PM »
Just a thought...

"Sportsmen For Cancer"   "Outdoors Against Cancer"    "Hunting for a Cure"   "Angling Against Cancer"

Good luck with your endevour and keep the momories alive.
Born to fish...Forced to work...To pay for Fishing!!!

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Bucket,some bait and,,what did she ask me to do??
« Reply #5 on: Dec 13, 2011, 05:34 AM »
Sounds like a great thing your starting,is alot of work and as a Rep for ABATE of Indiana things like this can cost alot to get going.Make sure you look around at t-shirt prices.We can spend about 1700 in getting design to print on 350 shirts,go around locally and ask business to sponsor you and put there names on the back to hlp get you started for the fisrts round or 2.
 My thought on a name  and definatly check copyrights,, Outdoors Forever

Not sure what type of cancer he was afflicted with,but there is a color ribbon for each type of cancer that you could put after your title... JT

surflizard

« Reply #6 on: Dec 13, 2011, 05:42 AM »
Sorry to hear of your loss BA. Just a thought, how about using your grandpas name to start it off ? Just for an example: John Smith Outdoors or Larry Jones Outdoor Adventures, something along those lines, it gives it the Personal Memorial touch that way !

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Bucket,some bait and,,what did she ask me to do??
« Reply #7 on: Dec 13, 2011, 05:56 AM »
Good thought surf...   Put his name over the top ....        John Smith
                                                                           OutdoorsForever 

Offline the jigs up

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 13, 2011, 06:50 PM »
How about designing a cancer ribbon made out of either Fishoflage or camoflage?
Born to fish...Forced to work...To pay for Fishing!!!

Offline bassassasin14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 13, 2011, 07:44 PM »
Thanks for all your great ideas guys! this helps alot!

Offline Snakehunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 13, 2011, 08:44 PM »
Just me, but..........if this is a project to honour your grandfather why not focus on the memory and less on catchy wildlife names?
I am thinking along the lines of  a "Keeping the spirit" kind of thing. There are hundreds of "Buck Killer/trophy taker" monickers. Be unique!!

- My Grandfather, My Mentor, My Past, My Future.

- What I learned from my Grandfather I will teach to my Grandchildren. Keeping his Spirit Alive.

- I followed in his footsteps. Now I make the trail.

I should write for Hallmark ;D

I have my own 2 grand-daughters aged 1 and 6 coming for their first Christmas in Kenora. I am hoping to take them for their first icefishing trip on Lake of the Woods. Forging the next generation of outdoors people ;)

Mushily yours,
Glen

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 14, 2011, 08:27 AM »
Just me, but..........if this is a project to honour your grandfather why not focus on the memory and less on catchy wildlife names?
I agree that a more personal touch would be more of a tribute, but if he's going to try to raise money for cancer research by selling to the masses he'll probably do better with one of the
hundreds of "Buck Killer/trophy taker" monickers.
Tight lines

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.