Author Topic: Simcoe on Friday 13 Mar 09.  (Read 876 times)

Offline Woodsman

• Team IceShanty Addict
Simcoe on Friday 13 Mar 09.
« on: Mar 14, 2009, 12:47 AM »
The bite was a little bit hit & miss yesterday.
Didn't get on the ice on Lake Simcoe until almost noon. Within about 20 mins George picked up this 5.5 lb'er.

About 15 mins later I got this 3.5 lb'er.

Than all bites shut down on our faithful half & half williams. We each put a second line down with minnows on. Marking lots of fish but no hits. Finally I decided to change my jigging bait to a silver & chartreuse swedish pimple. Not long after I had a good hit but lost it about 1/3 of the way up. Felt like a decent fish. George changed to an all silver williams & also starting getting a few hits also losing one 1/3 of the way up. Next was a hit on my pole with minnows also losing it 1/3 of the way up. The day ended with one more hooked fish on the swedish pimple lost again yup you can guess it 1/3 of the way up. I'm thinking maybe I should replace the treble on the swedish pimple for a little bigger one. Any one have the same problem with swedish pimples?

Best Wishes: Rick

Living proof that "beer builds better bellies"

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
Re: Simcoe on Friday 13 Mar 09.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2009, 03:38 PM »
Nice fish..."Good story... Keep em coming though we dont have much of a fishing season left:<
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline Stump Puller

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Simcoe on Friday 13 Mar 09.
« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2009, 03:59 AM »
Good going Woodsman, couple of nice lookin' Whites there.
Be safe out there, and set the iron.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.