Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 229762 times)

Online ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #900 on: Dec 28, 2022, 04:50 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                              It's 19* and mostly cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                              Eddie...........I hope you were able to get your truck in to see why you couldn't get the door open. :unsure: Probably the latch inside
                 the door panel let loose. :%$#!:
                              Marv............I hope you were careful up on the roof.  :whistle: You should have Santa do it while he was there. LOL :roflmao:
                              Wally...........There is nothing like your own bed. :thumbsup:
                              I-45.............Everything everywhere coast more.  :%$#!: Which Cabela's did you go to? ??? I'm glad Mr. Dickens was a crowd pleaser. :clap:
                              H2l..............Do use a little salt on your driveway to rid it of ice? ??? If I remember where you live, don't you get some sun on your driveway
                 to help melt the ice. :unsure:
                              Steve..........I'm glad you had a nice visit at your sister's. :thumbsup:
                              Fish............I'm glad you got the SxS figured out at the dealer but did they determine what caused the plugs fouling up? ???
                              Dave...........I assume you are talking about the ice roads up there. :unsure:
                              Bud.............I hope you can get the water thawed soon, the longer its frozen the more chance of a broken pipe. :%$#!:
                              I did some puttering yesterday and probably again today, my wife is at her mother's till Saturday. I have all my gear ready for the trip
                 up north with Jon on Friday.
                              I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #901 on: Dec 28, 2022, 05:22 AM »
Morning all,

A quick hello as we're taking MrWW's truck to the dealer this morning to have a check engine light issue looked at. Hoping the problem is an easy fix AND covered under warranty. The code shows it could be anything from a bad O2 sensor to a valve issue  ::)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #902 on: Dec 28, 2022, 05:51 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Wally, Morning Everyone,
  Cloudy and 21*, high of 37 today. Looking at the 10 day extended forecast, seeing mid to upper 40’s starting tomorrow with some rain on a few days, Doh!

Jeff…hope you and Jon have a great day with the maiden voyage on Friday!  :clap:  I got the truck door to open yesterday, must have been water from all that rain that seeped down and froze up…good to go!   :thumbsup:
  Dave…thanks for the update!  :thumbsup:  Hope everything is going well at your job and you’re getting closer to your vacation time!
  FH4…good news on the S x S, glad it was an easy fix and you had safe travels!  :clap:  Good luck with the fishing, will be looking forward to your reports!   :tipup:
  Bud…glad you were able to get some water flowing!!  :clap:  Hope the temperatures are on the rise and you can get the root of the problem corrected soon…best wishes!  :thumbsup:
  I-45…will keep the fingers crossed the new meds do the trick! Sounds like Mr.Dickens was a hit with the kids, great stuff!  :clap: :thumbsup:  Everything seems to be getting out of touch with the prices now, it’s terrible!!
  Wally…glad you had a safe trip back!  :clap:  Best of luck with the truck today and to Mr.WW if he’s returning back to the hunting camp for the extended muzzle loader season!  :thumbsup:
  Steve…glad you had a nice Christmas with the family and a safe trip back home!  :clap: 
  H2…hope your wife continues to improve each passing day, good news!  :clap:  Dealing with some ice problems here in my driveway also, that should clear up in the next few days on its own.
  Marv…dang, that’s too bad Shamu won’t be hitting the ice this season, the lakes must be in real rough shape at the moment.  :%$#!:  Hope everything went well with the snow removal yesterday.    :thumbsup:

Saw gas had dropped to $3.33 here locally yesterday at one station…better than it has been, yes, but it’s still over a dollar a gallon higher than it was almost 3 years ago, lol…will keep you posted if I see anyone dancing in the streets!  :whistle:
  Took a ride over to a local lake and found some fishable ice yesterday, might meet up with my youngest son this afternoon to drill a few holes before the warm front moves in and puts the whammy on it again. Off to the bait shop this morning after a few errands… Cawfee’s on!
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #903 on: Dec 28, 2022, 05:54 AM »
25* and they are calling for more sun today.

IW, the very first snow we had was wet and Amber got stuck in the driveway, it got packed into ice and has been that way since. Going to the mail box is an adventure. I am getting some black-top showing so this week should do it.

WW, glad you had good travel weather and it is always nice to get home. Hope the check engine light is a simple fix.

Mr. C, there were 3 groups out on the lake yesterday. There is no snow on the ice at all. Haven't talked to anyone to find out how much ice there is.

The wife is going out today for a Dr's appt. Amber is going with her.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #904 on: Dec 28, 2022, 06:22 AM »
Morning all, 28° and windy here... the cold snap is officially over here. After today, there is nothing below freezing in the 10 day forecast. I was sitting on 7" of ice yesterday... betting it's open water by the beginning of next week.  :-\ Supposed to be mid 40s this afternoon, and a bunch of low 50s with rain from Friday into next week.

Just finished off a 6 day vacation... worst part is getting back into the loop returning.

Did a lot of fishing over the time off... would have done more, but the weather was unfit for man or beast Thursday into Friday. Winds were clipping clear up to 60mph Thursday and not much better Friday. I'm going out again after work today to try to get one last good sit in before the ice goes rotten. The bite was good yesterday, so hoping for a repeat today.

Way, way behind on the thread, so I'll have to go back and catch up when I have time.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #905 on: Dec 28, 2022, 07:18 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

28 degrees, heading to a balmy 36 later today. Like Z we are in for a string of warm weather over the next few days. It will be nice to see some of the snow depths dwindle some.

h2l...The lakes are in tough shape around here. 6"-8" of ice, 6"-8" of slush and 12"+ snow on top of that. I took a walk out on the lake yesterday and managed a wet foot when the water went over the top of my rubber boot :%$#!: I can only imagine the mess if I sawed a 3'x6' hole in the ice.

IW...Best of luck tomorrow on the fishing trip :thumbsup:

Eddie...Good luck to you if you get to the lake later today :thumbsup:

WW...Hope the truck fix is an easy one :thumbsup:

Yesterdays snow detail on the house and garage went well. I had a little over 3 hours into it. I still have to dig my enclosed trailer out and do some blowing but had enough so will do that today or tomorrow.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #906 on: Dec 28, 2022, 09:00 AM »
Good morning ER’s. Checking in with 35* this morning

WW I had check engine light on with a symbol I’d never seen before, guessing the extreme cold was the cause, looked like an air bag warning. After I stopped for my last fill up it went off. ???

Found water pooling over my shut off water valve. Not sure how much of a leak it is, but no doubt it will have to be addressed at some point. That valve’s age is only a guess but could be in a 30 year old range. Job for the backhoe.

See Buffalo and Watertown are still trying to dig out from the blizzard on the news.

For now it’s what’s for breakfast

Take care all
Bud

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #907 on: Dec 28, 2022, 09:24 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 25* here. Prayers for those who lost their lives in the storms all over the country. My wife stayed home today because I’m very unsteady possibly due to the new med. Headache is still bad. He officially diagnosed me with post head trauma yesterday. Not much on the calendar today. Mr Dickens is snoozing away.

Whopper Stopper, May the rest of the cleanup go smoothly. That’s to bad Shamu has to stay home.

IFF, Thats to bad the valve isn’t an easy fix.

Hunts2long, Prayers that your wife’s appointment goes well.

Zcm, Welcome back. We’re supposed to be in the 50s on New Year’s Day.

WallyWorld, Hopefully it’s an easy fix under warranty on Mr WWs truck.

MasonEddie, Mr Dickens is always a hit with the kids. Good luck today if you go out on the ice.

Ice Wanderer, We went to Cabellas in Berlin Ma. Prices were ridiculous. Going to continue looking on Facebook Marketplace. Friday will be here soon.

I hope everyone has a great and safe day. Tight lines to those on the ice.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #908 on: Dec 28, 2022, 10:45 AM »
WS, thanks for the ice update, it doesn't look very good. We have no snow on the ice and I have heard 9 inches, but I am still seeing some open water. I wouldn't trust it...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #909 on: Dec 28, 2022, 12:50 PM »
Well got things settled here and trying to get some snow moved around, going to see if I can get the plow mounted on the new sxs since the old one is having issues, just need to figure out how to get it up amd down since I do not want to go through all the electrical and mount all that at the moment. Truck ran good all the way to casper and back and started right up, so the batteries worked on that end. Guess 3 of the 4 kids down at my mother in laws were throwing up last night, so the bug continues through everyone. Well have a great Wednesday everyone stay safe in this up amd down weather.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #910 on: Dec 28, 2022, 09:00 PM »
Good evening had a high in the upper forties today so ice patch on pavement outside of my window melted some with the sun. dropped my SUV off for state inspection and some other minor maintenance picked it up tomorrow.
ice Wanderer best to you and Jon on Friday. may be good at your MIL's in Vermont.
Wallyworld may the check engine problem have been an easy fix and covered under the vehicle warranty.
Eddie glad you were able to open the driver's door on your truck I'm having all the door locks and weather stripping lubricated while my vehicle is in for state inspection. I had to do some tugging to open doors after last storm. if you and Stephen got out this afternoon may the fish have been biting. All the best with your DIL's c-section tomorrow looking forward to good news on the event.
Hunts2long thank you for the GSL report. may you have gotten the driveway cleared today. I hope your wife's doctor was happy with how she is doing battling the flu and said she can come off the oxygen.
Zcm-82 glad you had fishable ice over your vacation and got out a few times. I know you have a short season so happy you were able to ice fish.
whopper Stopper good to read snow detail went well yesterday. I don't blame you for keeping Shamu at home with your current ice conditions.
IFF sounds like you may have a cracked pipe . Good you are able to bypass the valve with a hose so have some water in your house.
Icefisher-45 may the being unsteady on your feet pass and the new medication help you have a better quality of life. have you looked at any other websites besides looking at and going to cabelas to see how prices compare on items.
fish/hunt4ever good to hear the new SXS is now running may you figure out a way to attach plow blade to the new vehicle. May your children be feeling better and recover quickly from whatever bug they are dealing with at this time.
Drifter good to read some ice roads are now open may you be able to get to your cabin and check on things plus do some fishing.

Like other praying for those in the Buffalo,NY. area and other parts of the country still recovering from this last storm.
Best to all headed out fishing stay safe on the ice.
 Steve

Online ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #911 on: Dec 29, 2022, 04:49 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's  25* and mostly clear here on my hill. ::)
                          Eddie.........I'm glad you got your door open, it must have really been frozen, you said you rant the truck for a couple of hours on Monday. :whistle:
                          Wally.........Hopefull y the truck is covered under warranty and they can get it back quickly. :unsure:
                          H2l............Yeah packing that heavy snow makes it harder to clean up, hopefully the warm weather coming finishes the job the sun started.  :flex:
                          Marv..........I'm glad that the snow removal went smoothly. :thumbsup:
                          I-45...........I'm soory to read that your new meds have made you unsteady. :(
                          Zcm...........At least you got out, hopefully you can get out before the warm up. :unsure:
                          Fish...........May you be able to get the plow hooked up and working. :whistle:
                          Steve.........Good idea to have your SUV lubricated while its in the shop. :clap:
                          Bud............Hopeful ly the leak is an easy fix. After you get it fixed, I'm sure you will conjure up something so it doesn't happen again. :flex:
                          Today I'm picking up bait for tomorrow's trip, the weather is supposed to be good. My #1 son and his wife might join us after their son's basketball
                game.
                          I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #912 on: Dec 29, 2022, 05:15 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

34 degrees heading close to 40 later today. We have a small system moving in around noon but it isn't expected to bring more than an inch of snow.

IW...Glad to read all systems are a go for tomorrows trip :thumbsup:

Eddie...The drivers door on my old Tahoe doesn't open when the temps get +5 and colder. It's a nuisance, but after 5 years I am getting used to it ;D

My wife and I are going to do a drive by of the the shack this morning. With all the snow and high winds I want to make sure there isn't any trees laying on the roof. Then we are stopping at my Sister's house for lunch and a visit.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #913 on: Dec 29, 2022, 05:22 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Marv, Morning Everyone,
  Mostly clear and calm this am, 26* to start the day warming up to 44 today.

Steve…hope the inspection goes smoothly with no snags!  :thumbsup:  Got a few more days of waiting before I can share any news, January 4th is due date…but I got a funny feeling it may be sooner.   ;D
  FH4…hope you can get the plow figured out to work!  Sorry to read about the kids coming down with the crud…best wishes to all on a speedy recovery.   :thumbsup:
   H2…hope your wife had a good report from the Dr. yesterday!  :thumbsup:  We found 6” of ice starting off in the shallows yesterday and spudded out to 30’ deep before we couldn’t go any further. Had 5” under our feet, 4” of good black ice and an inch or so of white on top.
  I-45…sorry to read the new meds are causing side effects, hopefully there’s something else that can be prescribed! Best wishes continued they can get that straightened out, damn!  :thumbsup:
  Bud..good luck finding the break, hopefully it’s an easy fix once it’s found.   :thumbsup:
  Marv…definitely some nasty conditions to deal with on the lake. Hopefully the warm front moving in can put a hurting on the current conditions and get things back on track before the cold moves in again!   :thumbsup:  Our 10 day forecast would be just what you need…believe we’ll be starting from scratch again here locally after all is said and done.  :-\. Have safe travels, hope you find the Shack in good shape!   :thumbsup:
  Z…glad you have been getting some Icefishing in, hope yesterday’s trip found them biting again!   :clap:
  Jeff…imagine you’re getting anxious to get out on the ice…hope it’s a banner day for you fellas tomorrow!   :icefish:  Best I can figure on my truck door is the rain kept seeping in and built up ice on the locking mechanism inside the door, the electronic lock wouldn’t go up or down…first for that, hopefully the last, lol.  :cookoo:

Meet up with my son at 2pm and fished until dark. Temperatures were in the upper 30’s and just a slight breeze, it was a beautiful afternoon to be out and scratch the itch. We were greeted by one of the bald eagles doing a flyover as we walked out, kept an eye on us for most of the trip looking for us to share some of the bounty…unfortunately he/she went hungry on this trip.
  Started off quick with one miss on a JawJacker 5 minutes after setting up and I jigged up a 14” first drop down the hole.
By 3:30 I had 3 keeper Brown trout on the ice and my son missed a couple. Then it was like someone hit the switch and everything shut down…believe we only graphed 2 more fish the last hour/half.  My son was happy getting to play with his new Christmas present, Santa brought him a Marcum LX-7, sweet fish finder.  :thumbsup:
  Had a nice outing, no complaints…and the OldMan took the top prize this trip with first fish, biggest, and most…celebrated with a cold one and a fist bump!   :flex:  ;D
  Dr. appointment this morning and just an R & R day after that…Cawfee’s on!

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #914 on: Dec 29, 2022, 06:11 AM »
Morning all, 48° and windy here, supposed to be mostly sunny and 54 this afternoon.

The ice will be toast soon. Went out with boyo a couple hours yesterday and it was an inch thinner than it had been Tuesday, and mushy on top with water puddles all over. The fishing was slow, too. Saw quite a few fish, but couldn't get them to bite. I ended up with one little bass and a bluegill. Little man only had A bite... pretty nice crappie that he ended up losing in the hole.  :-\ I've got my short trip fishing bucket in the car to see if I can sneak out one last time today after work, but the edges may be gone with this warm wind.

masoneddie - glad to hear you got into the fish your first tine out  :thumbsup:

WS - hope there was no damage. Had a tree limb wipe out my phone line yesterday. Fortunately I've never had a landline in service at the house  :roflmao:

IW - good luck!

mr.clean - it's been nice to scratch the itch. It's early ice, so I didn't expect it to hang around long. We should get another freeze in mid to late January, since that's more typical of when we get ice 🤞

45 - it's looking about the same here. Forecast for next week has a couple days at 60°  >:(

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #915 on: Dec 29, 2022, 06:31 AM »
22* and a red sky this morning.

IW, good luck fishing, weather doesn't look too bad to be on the ice.

Eddie, glad you were able to get out and find some fish.

Ice-45 hope you are feeling better.

Wife still has to use the O2 while sleeping but her numbers stay pretty good while she is up and about. Next week I think she gets a chest x-ray.

Starting to see quite a bit of black-top.

Took a ride up to my brothers yesterday, lots of deer around. My brother got kicked in the hand by a spike horn that was caught in the fence around the blue berries. What a bruise! He said he would get even next season! Been a nice 8 pt coming around but it lost his horns on Tuesday.

Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #916 on: Dec 29, 2022, 06:48 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....sounds like a great start to the season  :thumbsup:  hope your appointment goes well today  ;)

IW.....good luck tomorrow, hope the fish are hungry  :icefish:

WS.....safe travels, fingers crossed all is good at the shack  :)  enjoy the visit/lunch with your sister  :clap:

H2L....glad to hear MrsH2 is doing better, hopefully by New Year's day she's 100%  ;)2

IFF.....good luck with the repair, hope your temps have warmed up  @)

MrC.....hope your car passes inspection ok  :)

IF45....hope today's a better day  :unsure:

Yesterday's trip was a waste of time, the check engine light had cleared itself so they couldn't track it  :%$#!:  I did get breakfast out of it so that was a plus  :woot: MrWW packed up and went back to camp to finish out the season and close things up for the winter  :)

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #917 on: Dec 29, 2022, 06:58 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 25* and sunny. Supposed to be in the mid 40s today. My wife went to work today. My headache is still bad but not feeling unsteady today. It is amazing how meds can be used for multiple uses. Not much on the planner today. May take Mr Dickens for a walk and to the transfer station.

Hunts2long, Thats great news your wife is feeling better and her numbers are going up during the day. Keeping her in our prayers. Hope your brothers hand heals quickly. That was nice of him to free the deer.

Zcm, Hopefully you get out on the ice soon and the fish bite.

MasonEddie, Congratulations on the first fish on first outing. Good luck at the Drs. Have a good day of R&R.

Whopper Stopper, Hopefully there are no branches on the shack. Maybe the lake will get better after the warm weather and then re freezes.

Ice Wanderer, That would be nice if your #1 son and his wife joins you. Have a safe trip.

Mr Clean, everyone seems to be pretty comparable in price of everything.

I hope everyone has a great and safe day. Tight lines to those on the ice.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #918 on: Dec 29, 2022, 07:59 AM »
Good morning, been up almost an hour already and still haven’t got my hands on a morning coffee

Marv thanks for the PM. My how time, and day’s fly by

Got several small projects to work on now that it’s warmer outside, will check back in when it’s time for a break
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #919 on: Dec 29, 2022, 09:25 AM »
Well the plow hooked up fine, just not a strong hold for it as I already busted that attachment point off, only 10 miles on the machine so back to the drawing board. Well making pancakes and then getting ready to head to the lake. Have a great Thursday everyone. Will post other pictures later of where this peice came off of.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #920 on: Dec 29, 2022, 10:11 AM »
Well dang FH4. Hope you have fun at the lake and the fix goes well for you
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #921 on: Dec 29, 2022, 03:50 PM »
Here are the other broke photos

Now sitting at the lake waiting for a fish to bite

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #922 on: Dec 29, 2022, 08:34 PM »
No fish but the kids had some fun sledding and only broke one sled, even pulled them behind the sxs for a little bit.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #923 on: Dec 29, 2022, 09:30 PM »
 Good evening got into the upper forties for a high here today. Looking at the South East NY. thread I see some people have been out fishing in Sullivan county which is Northwest of me and has a generally higher elevation.
Ice wanderer several years back when i owned a Jeep Cherokee got locked out one time after doors and rear hatch froze from melted ice had to wait for the weather to warm up and melt ice so i could get into the vehicle. So since that date try to keep locks and weather stripping lubricate to prevent the problem. best wished for you tomorrow may mealworm and his wife get to join you and Jon for a few hours.
Whopper stopper may you have found all in good shape at the shack and ha d a good lunch and visit with your sister.
Eddie I don't know why i thought your DIL was having a c-section best to her with the remaining time in her pregnancy .I know they effect air movement over and around vehicle but maybe auto makers should bring back the external rain gutters on vehicles to prevent doors and hatches from freezing in colder weather.
 congratulations on getting out fishing and catching the three trout. .
Zcm-82 glad the ice was still in good enough condition for you and your son to get in a trip. may your son get any future crappies he hooks into up through the hole. my area of NY. usually see a cold spell then a warm up like you are currently having.
hunts2long great to read your wife is only using the oxygen at night may the chest x-ray show no fluid build up or other problems with her lungs. nice of your brother to free the deer from the fence may his hand heel quickly.
wallyworld I'm surprised the trucks on-board computer did not store the trouble code from when the check engine light was activated. i forgot to ask the other day any special meaning to the top hat on Christmas tree in photo you posted. best to Mr.WW this week at hunting camp.
Icefisher-45 good to hear you are feeling more steady on your feet may you see no more side effects from the new medication as your body adjusts to it. please check your personal message in-box i sent you a message regarding ice fishing gear.
IFF hope you got some of the outside projects complete today. Have you contacted anyone to uncover water line while the weather is good and try to find any section of damaged pipe.
Fish/hunt4ever nice you got out ice fishing and your children felt well enough to make the trip and got to do some sledding since fishing action was slow. To bad you damaged the new SXS by attaching the plow.
OldSailor may your Christmas have been a good day spent with family.
Tomturkey may the weather be good so you can have your family Christmas celebration.

Best to all who get out to fish. Keep healthy and safe.
  Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #924 on: Dec 30, 2022, 05:58 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Cloudy and mild start here on the Hill, 38* with a high of 52 forecasted today. Will be good for melting lots of the snow we have but what little decent ice that formed will be taking a beating here locally.

Jeff…enjoy the mild weather conditions today, safe travels and best of luck to you and Jon! Will be looking forward to hearing about your first adventure!   :icefish:  :thumbsup:
  Steve…you were correct, DIL will be having the C-Section on January 4th..unless she goes in earlier which I think may happen.  ;D  Agree, seems the automaker’s are right in line with lots of other manufacturing, taking things that once worked well and building them cheaper or just flat out eliminating them. Gas engines are a prime example of that now…I’m all in for my drill auger, weed whacker, and power tools…but leave my vehicles out of it!  :thumbsup:
  FH4.. thanks for sharing the pictures, glad everyone is enjoying the trip! Better luck with the catching today!  :clap:  Must say ouch on the broken part’s….that sucks! Hopefully replaceable or able to mend with a weld…best of luck!
  Bud..glad you’re seeing some warmer weather, hopefully that broken pipe was located.   :thumbsup:
  I-45…x2 on Steve’s reply with the new meds, hopefully you see some improvements soon with the headaches.  :thumbsup:  What ice gear are you looking for…might be able to help you out with a few things?
  Wally…I get a tire pressure, traction control light that pops on almost every time it’s cold out, especially in the morning. It seems to go off after a few miles once the tires warm…sensors apparently. Glad you got breakfast out of the deal anyway!!  ;D  Hope Mr.WW tags out, nice weather,  will be looking forward to your report!   :thumbsup:
  H2…wow, sorry to read your brother taking a kick from the deer, hopefully nothing is broke!  :woot:  Imagine the river will be running good from the snowmelt for the next week or so and the ice conditions will be taking a beating up there as well unfortunately.
  Z…glad you were able to get some ice time in with your son also!  :clap:  We’re seeing that same weather pattern here now, hopefully the cold temperatures return soon without the snow load..best wishes for 2023!  :thumbsup:
  Marv…hope you found everything ok at the Shack and had safe travels!   :thumbsup:  Cribbage tournament today?  ;D

Dr.’s appointment went pretty good yesterday, seems to be a shortage of staff and a big increase in patients from what I was told. Flu, Covid, RSV numbers on the rise…wanted to spray myself down with Lysol after hearing that and sitting in a waiting room at capacity, yikes!
  Doubt I will be fishing today, but will make a stop by the lake to do a recon check as one of my errands is on the way. Thanks for congrats on the first trip…it sure felt good getting out again especially after missing the deer season, hopefully another trip Saturday if the ice holds.  :thumbsup:
  Cawfee’s on…

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #925 on: Dec 30, 2022, 06:17 AM »
35* and a few clouds.

Eddie, up here on the river the ice has all broken up from last rain we had but now the run-off has dropped the water level so a lot depends on how much rain we get. I rode down to the campsite and there were a few guys out and saw 1 ice shanty on the beach waiting for better ice. No snow on the ice.

WW, I agree with Eddie, too many "bells and whistles" these days. My "check fuel sensor" light is coming on again at times and when it does I get the "check engine". They replaced the fuel sensor last year and it is going back in after the 1st of the year.

Rocky is going home this morning. Lindsay and Jay said they really enjoyed Tupper Lake, they went on a lighted trail hike, they said Lake Placid was a "zoo".

Hope everyone has a good day and be well....h2l

Rest up for all those WILD New Years Eve parties we will be going too.
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #926 on: Dec 30, 2022, 06:19 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

18 degrees to kick off the morning. We may see a little sun and 23 by the afternoon :whistle:

45...Sorry to read your headache is still with you. Hope today is better :thumbsup:

IW...Best of luck today :icefish:

WW...Sorry to read they couldn't track down the truck problem :%$#!: Best of luck to Mr. WW as he tries for some more venison :thumbsup:

h2l...Continued best wishes to your wife. I hope she can kick the tank soon :thumbsup:

Eddie...Yuck x 2 having to sit in a waiting room, I can feel your pain thinking about the germs jumping onto you. Hope it works out for you tomorrow to hit the ice again. Kind of funny about the cribbage. When the board disappeared she spent time trying to find it. This past week I set it out in full view and she hasn't mentioned it ???

Yesterdays shack run went OK. Lots of snow banks and ice coated roads. It will be some time before we will be able to get into the shack. Our visit with my sister was fun. I had to help her unload some horse feed and spread some chips where the horse and donkey hold up when it's cold. I felt it was a success as I didn't get kicked or bit ;D

Hope you all have a good Friday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #927 on: Dec 30, 2022, 06:29 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....fingers crossed first light saw the first fish hit top side  :flex:

Eddie.....glad the doc's visit went well, minus all the heebeejeebees  :sick:  :whistle:

WS.....hope you found everything in good shape at the shack  :)  did your sister put on a big spread for lunch  ???

MrC.....sure was nice when vehicles ran w/o computers  ::)  the check engine light came on in my car yesterday  :%$#!:

FH4......sorry to hear about the broken parts   :pinch:  hope the fish are feeding today  :tipup:

H2L.....your brother's lucky he only has a bruised hand, kudos to him for freeing the fella  :bow: :thumbsup:

Lots of lawn showing this morning and even some of the ice in the driveway has melted  :clap:  sure made for a tricky trip with the garbage cans yesterday  :o  I will definitely find something to do outside today with the spring like weather  ;)2

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #928 on: Dec 30, 2022, 06:43 AM »
Morning all, 53° and raining here  >:(

Got hit with some kind of bug hard last night... spent about half of the night puking and crapping my guts out. No holiday pay if I miss today though, so my half dead and very much still sick rear end is at work  :cookoo: Can't afford to miss 2 days of pay for calling off one day right  now... still pretty well wiped out from Xmas, so the bank account needs replenished.

The ice is officially shot here... went out for about an hour yesterday. About 2/3 of the pond had a span of open water around the bank, and what had been over 7" of ice Tuesday and 6" Wednesday was 4", and the top inch was mushy crap. Between the wind, warm air, and rain, I expect it to be back to open water by the end of the weekend.

masoneddie - hoping so. This was a really early freeze up here. Normally it's early/mid January before we get good ice, so I've got my fingers crossed for a 2nd freeze up then. 🤞

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #929 on: Dec 30, 2022, 06:49 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 33* here and supposed to be in the 40s today. Headache’s are still bad. Dr said will probably take about a week for the new med to show improvement with increase in dosage. My wife is at work today. I have a Drs appointment this morning then me and Mr Dickens may check out some ponds in NH.

WallyWorld, Good luck to Mr WW on his week at the hunting camp. Vehicles today have way too much technology. My wife got mad when I made a comment about a pickup having a tailgate that lowers by itself.

Whopper Stopper, Thats good you didn’t get bit or kicked by your sisters horses or donkeys.

Ice Wanderer, Safe travels today.

MasonEddie, Thats good news that your appointment went well. My wife was telling me this morning half the nurses in the icu are out with Covid.

Hunts2long, Sad to say I don’t even make it to watch the ball drop on New Years Eve.

Mr Clean, I have a 2000 Jeep Cherokee that was frozen solid. Going to lubricate the doors today so it doesn’t freeze like that again. I’ll check my messages. Thank you.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the ice.

Take a kid ice fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.