Author Topic: Baffin Boot Owners........Question??  (Read 11392 times)

Offline Steuben1

• Team IceShanty Addict
Baffin Boot Owners........Question??
« on: Oct 10, 2012, 07:32 AM »
A question for folks who are wearing Baffins.  I ordered a pair of Baffin Control Max boots.  When I put my foot in them and stand up, my toe is about 1 inch from the end of the boot, so size wise they seem fine.  But the boot as a whole seems really tight.  I was thinking about sending them back and getting another size bigger, but that would put my toe about 2 inches from the end of the boot and that is too far.

Question is, is there a break in period for Baffin boots where they will expand and relax a little?

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Baffin Boot Owners........Question??
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10, 2012, 08:01 AM »
If your toe is that far from the end it sounds like you have the wrong size...   Your foot might not be sitting in the boot where it should.   I have Baffin Expidetions and wear them with no socks..  My toes just touch the end of the boot and the rest is snugg but not tite.. 
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline shake

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 10, 2012, 08:19 AM »
I have the same boot, the Control Max.  Don't have quite an inch from my toe, but there are no problems with tightness anywhere else in the boot.  Is it tight in regards to the height of your foot, the width, or what? 

Offline Steuben1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Oct 10, 2012, 08:32 AM »
I have the same boot, the Control Max.  Don't have quite an inch from my toe, but there are no problems with tightness anywhere else in the boot.  Is it tight in regards to the height of your foot, the width, or what?

It seems tight in the ankle area.  I am sure its because of the tough leather and I am hoping they will loosen up.  I have heard that baffin boot have a break in period where they conform to your foot.  Maybe it's because I had the super huge Lacrosse Ice Kings and they were huge and your foot could really move around a bunch.  Huge and heavy!

The baffins just seem very snug and maybe I am not use to that??

Offline michianafisherman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pleasant Times At Pleasant Lake
« Reply #4 on: Oct 10, 2012, 08:53 AM »
If you ordered your boot one size larger than your regular size they are fine. They will seam tight a couple of times out, then will become a perfect fit. Don't let anyone else wear them or you will loose your custom size. I broke mine in running a snow blower up and down the drive. Don't wear thick socks, not needed. enjoy!
HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET

Offline walleye tattoo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wisconsin chapter
« Reply #5 on: Oct 10, 2012, 08:29 PM »
I bought a pair of baffin zones last season. I am size 10 sothat is what I bought . I could not get used to no scocks so real light polypropaline did the trick. But tight they are 10 is 10.

Live to fish forced to work

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 14, 2012, 06:57 AM »
I have the Baffin Apex. Love them! As stated before they will mold to your feet. Do not let anyone else wear them.  One inch of toe room may be to much. I wear size 11. Bought size 11. Perfect fit!
Flags up! Bobbers down!

FRESHBAIT

« Reply #7 on: Oct 14, 2012, 06:26 PM »
I have two pairs of the Baffin Driller II's  and I love them.   They're rated to -148F so my fee never get cold ever.  At first I thought that they might have been a little tight, but after a few times wearing them they seamed to break-in.  Off course I was wearing two layers of socks, a wicking layer and then a thermal layer, then my drysuit, then put my boots on.  I had alot of stuff crammed into the boots.   I like them alot, b/c they are quick to get on/off so when I get into the shanty I can kick them off and put my shanty shoes on, but if I have to run out quick to get a flag I can hop into my Baffins.

Offline Talls92

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Oct 14, 2012, 11:20 PM »
The Baffin boots I have I was told to get them fit a little tight and with use the foam will form to my feet. I haven't yet wore them cause of the mild winter last year but hopefully get to use them this winter out on the ice!! But not sure if I can get some non slip cleats over the bulkyness Of them but I'm sure I can manage.

Offline BlackIce-Fishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Oct 16, 2012, 10:27 PM »
Leather stretches when u put ammonia on it. I've used windex with ammonia in it and the leather stretches out. Wear the boots til they dry out and it will mold to your foot. Sounds weird but it works.
Life is Good

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.