New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014  (Read 827321 times)

Offline bigZin315

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014
« Reply #3600 on: Jan 27, 2014, 04:08 AM »
Hopefully the big O is good to me today looks like you have been doing good cowboyup
It's not that fishing is so important, it's just that so many things in life are so much less important

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3601 on: Jan 27, 2014, 04:59 AM »
Hopefully the big O is good to me today looks like you have been doing good cowboyup
Bring ice anchors and 97 cement blocks!  I'm on the south shore now wind 30 gusting to 40 sw. Can only imagine north shore.

perch@pans

« Reply #3602 on: Jan 27, 2014, 05:26 AM »
North side has brutal winds and then it gusts . If you are not anchored it will be gone in seconds . Hubs may have real difficulties today ! If you go be really careful even if I were 20 years younger and not crippled up I still would not go today especially with gear . It would be easier to suit up and sit on the ice on the lee side of your machine for low profile and tough it out . it is a gear destroying type of day blowing things over or away and mangling your electronics in the process. Bless you if you try today !

perch@pans

« Reply #3603 on: Jan 27, 2014, 05:33 AM »
Snow is starting now too. For sure a compass day !!!!!!  Be safe!!!!

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3604 on: Jan 27, 2014, 05:51 AM »
Got out yesterday morning. Went to try a spot I have gps, but there was a guy and his kid right on it so I found another spot kinda nearby. I ended up right on the eyes! Had my limit in 5 min. So I went in and grabbed little deadeyez. We went back out to the same holes and he got his limit in 15 min!  They were on fire yesterday.  He caught a nice 22 incher. I ended up catching 2 of my biggest eyes to date and tossed them back. No pics though as I was alone. All in all it was another banner day for the eyes. I only ended up fishing for about 3 or 4 hours total and caught 22 keepers and lil deady did 8 keepers in the hour that he was out!

NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline blkgmc79

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3605 on: Jan 27, 2014, 05:54 AM »
Snowing sideways whiteout as soon as I stepped out on ice after getting bait at apps....putting another pot of coffee on...blowing probably 40-50 mph
if u carry it out carry it back in!!

Offline fishhooksul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be on the ice, then in a boat...
« Reply #3606 on: Jan 27, 2014, 05:54 AM »
not going out. the wind is cranking !! had plans of going, but i don't want my equipment tore up. it just started snowing here also. tomorrow's another day.   Sully...

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #3607 on: Jan 27, 2014, 06:03 AM »
Got out yesterday morning. Went to try a spot I have gps, but there was a guy and his kid right on it so I found another spot kinda nearby. I ended up right on the eyes! Had my limit in 5 min. So I went in and grabbed little deadeyez. We went back out to the same holes and he got his limit in 15 min!  They were on fire yesterday.  He caught a nice 22 incher. I ended up catching 2 of my biggest eyes to date and tossed them back. No pics though as I was alone. All in all it was another banner day for the eyes. I only ended up fishing for about 3 or 4 hours total and caught 22 keepers and lil deady did 8 keepers in the hour that he was out!

Awesome PIC.  He will remember these days forever.  @)

Offline rickstint

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3608 on: Jan 27, 2014, 06:16 AM »
Got out yesterday morning. Went to try a spot I have gps, but there was a guy and his kid right on it so I found another spot kinda nearby. I ended up right on the eyes! Had my limit in 5 min. So I went in and grabbed little deadeyez. We went back out to the same holes and he got his limit in 15 min!  They were on fire yesterday.  He caught a nice 22 incher. I ended up catching 2 of my biggest eyes to date and tossed them back. No pics though as I was alone. All in all it was another banner day for the eyes. I only ended up fishing for about 3 or 4 hours total and caught 22 keepers and lil deady did 8 keepers in the hour that he was out! Did you fish off the north shore?How deep you fishing?BEN THERE 2 TIMES THIS YEAR AND CANT SEEM TO GET ARE LIMITE!!!!!!!!!Any info would be great want to take my 10 year old to get her first eye on the ice .You know how them kids r if they arnt getting them they r ready to leave.We have a 3 hr drive.so any info would be great.thanks .NICE FISH.

Offline rickstint

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3609 on: Jan 27, 2014, 06:18 AM »
Did you fish off the north shore?How deep you fishing?BEN THERE 2 TIMES THIS YEAR AND CANT SEEM TO GET ARE LIMITE!!!!!!!!!Any info would be great want to take my 10 year old to get her first eye on the ice .You know how them kids r if they arnt getting them they r ready to leave.We have a 3 hr drive.so any info would be great.thanks .NICE FISH.

Offline SYCLONE

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rooolz!
« Reply #3610 on: Jan 27, 2014, 06:24 AM »
Well the big O kicked our A$$ this weekend. Went out from Doris park north shore. Tried 16 ft two small dink perck. Then heard the bit was hot another 2 miles out in 25ft so packed up and took the drive out around 9. Got there and set up, but just missed them. They shut off when we showed up. So no fish brought home and Saturday. So Sunday we we got out to the 25ft spot at 7:00 sweet game on. After about 1.5 hours missed a couple of hits and landed one nice fat perch things were looking up. Then shut off again around 9:30. We packed it in at 10 and headed home. I love and hate that lake. could have had some nice stuffed haddock or prime rib for the money i spent this weekend.  >:(
Syclone
Auburn, NY
Happiness is a wind sprint to a hole and seeing line rip of a tip-up.

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3611 on: Jan 27, 2014, 06:28 AM »
Did you fish off the north shore?How deep you fishing?BEN THERE 2 TIMES THIS YEAR AND CANT SEEM TO GET ARE LIMITE!!!!!!!!!Any info would be great want to take my 10 year old to get her first eye on the ice .You know how them kids r if they arnt getting them they r ready to leave.We have a 3 hr drive.so any info would be great.thanks .NICE FISH.
North Shore, 26 fow.  You should pick a handful of spots from a map and/or gps then try them til you hit paydirt.  I would start at 20 feet amd work out to 30 or 32 on dropoffs and structure

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3612 on: Jan 27, 2014, 06:30 AM »

well done big and little deady , dad your teaching the boy one of the finer things in life  :thumbsup: 

rickstint Oneida is a tough lake on a young child , even if you land lets say 15 in a day that's still a lot of down time and deady forgot to tell you he only is a stones throw away from the lake so when his young one gets antsy 5 mins to home , I have been doing eyes from 23-35' work of structure , if you have transportation look for crowds and fish just a ways away , if you don't have a gps , apps has a great map just a little contact paper to make it water proof

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #3613 on: Jan 27, 2014, 06:37 AM »

Awesome Bobby ;D ;D ;D ;D Do you have a machine this year?

Offline Pequod1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3614 on: Jan 27, 2014, 06:40 AM »
Nice pictures everyone. I had a chance to try my first burbot the other day. Amazing how those things never die. I caught him at 3:00 and didn't get a chance to filet it 'till 8:00 and it was still wiggling. Anyway, nice white meat. Breaded and fried it - tastes pretty good. I could not tell the difference between the burbot and the eyes I cooked with him.

Offline yarn em in

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3615 on: Jan 27, 2014, 06:42 AM »
Way to go deadeyes the kid is quite a fisherman!! Hopeing to get up again this week. Haven't hit the mother load yet!!

Offline wallyeyebob

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • got ice??????????
« Reply #3616 on: Jan 27, 2014, 06:58 AM »
not going out. the wind is cranking !! had plans of going, but i don't want my equipment tore up. it just started snowing here also. tomorrow's another day.   Sully...
because your not going out ???? it might be a good day ??? ??? ???

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3617 on: Jan 27, 2014, 07:10 AM »
Hey DeadEyez, I bet that guy and his son that were at your marked spot was the DEC officer that marked your spot the other day when he checked you. Told his boy he found a real hotspot :woot: :woot: :woot:
It'll eat.

Offline Buckethead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3618 on: Jan 27, 2014, 07:28 AM »
Made the drive to Apps this morning and turned around and came home. What a mess,looked at the forecast for this morning on the computer last night but that was wrong.  2 1/2 hrs of drive time, roads are bad.

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #3619 on: Jan 27, 2014, 07:29 AM »
nice Job Bobby. fantastic photo of the Kid :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline BudMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3620 on: Jan 27, 2014, 07:37 AM »
Took a break from Oneida over the weekend to do a little night time flat fishing. Looks like the weather wasn't so bad after all and the morning bite was on fire. Some real nice eyes caught past few days! Those of you having trouble icing those eyes- sounds like you might be spending too much time fishing slow holes. I always have 3-4 spots in mind before I head out. They're always in a general area where I only spend 5minutes moving between spots, usually start shallow and move deeper.  If I'm not hooking fish in 15 minutes I move on.  If nothing after those 3or 4 holes i'll make a bigger move to a differen area. My moto is to chase the fish not sit and wait for them. Only on a morning like today will I wait for the fish to come to me.

Offline kowboyup

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3621 on: Jan 27, 2014, 07:46 AM »
The agony of defeat. I told her weve all been there done that. She redeemed herself throughout the day as this was the only one she dumped.

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #3622 on: Jan 27, 2014, 07:50 AM »

LMAO ... Yep we have  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: A video of me dumping one at the hole would not last long here ::) ::) :%$#!: :%$#!:

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #3623 on: Jan 27, 2014, 08:25 AM »
She don't like losing! ;D Another nice video, that Go Pro is awesome.
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline Murph20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3624 on: Jan 27, 2014, 08:36 AM »
The agony of defeat. I told her weve all been there done that. She redeemed herself throughout the day as this was the only one she dumped.

That's sucks losing them like that... that's why I run braid.

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3625 on: Jan 27, 2014, 08:37 AM »

Awesome Bobby ;D ;D ;D ;D Do you have a machine this year?
yes, have one of my sleds up and running

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3626 on: Jan 27, 2014, 08:41 AM »
Hey DeadEyez, I bet that guy and his son that were at your marked spot was the DEC officer that marked your spot the other day when he checked you. Told his boy he found a real hotspot :woot: :woot: :woot:
no...this was a different spot! Lol

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #3627 on: Jan 27, 2014, 08:52 AM »

Man you have been tearing them up this yr man,   :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup: next time tell the dec those are the only 3 you caught all day, they steal someone elses marks.  :woot:   Way too go little deadezes!!!!!   :thumbsup:
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #3628 on: Jan 27, 2014, 08:55 AM »

That's sucks losing them like that... that's why I run braid.

How does braid avoid dumping fish?  I just bought my 6 th rod in 3 weeks trying to figure out how too stop dumping fish with braid, I'm pretty close now, needed a softer top compared too my stiffer mono rods for shallow water.
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline Murph20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3629 on: Jan 27, 2014, 09:01 AM »
  How does braid avoid dumping fish?  I just bought my 6 th rod in 3 weeks trying to figure out how too stop dumping fish with braid, I'm pretty close now, needed a softer top compared too my stiffer mono rods for shallow water.

Lol ..no sense of explaining, anything I say on here you just contradict anyhow..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.