The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Jiffy Pro4 Gen1 to Gen3 Conversion  (Read 483 times)

Offline Dags Bait Maine

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Jiffy Pro4 Gen1 to Gen3 Conversion
« on: Jan 05, 2014, 06:56 PM »

Well I've been wanting to do this and finally got the chance today. I had a customer come in yesterday and asked if I had a new propane hose for his Gen1, not happy about the third time he  has had problems with the LP delivery sytem, first the aluminum tube and now 2 years later after a long search for a new propane hose he ended up in my shop. I offered him a loaner for the day so he could go fishing and showed him how I could convert his Gen1 system to a Gen3, When he saw how simple the new sysytem was on a new Jiffy he was all in. It was so easy that I didn't even charge him labor. I had gotten a new Gen3 cushion handle and had the new Gen3 propane delivery system in already in stock. Normally it takes 1 hour or more to properly replace & Test the entire delivery system on a Gen 2 and  longer on a Gen1. To convert the Gen 1 was about 15 min. The extra cost for a Cushion handle and the $3 less cost for the Gen 3 hose negated the normal labor costs for this kind of repair because it took no time at all. Going forward the conversion hose  will be so easy to replace, much more reliable and better cold weather performance than the old Gen 1 system. Now this doesn't change the oil dip stick tube or replace the newer crankcase breather hose but those are so minor, .. this conversion is really the way to go for all that have a Gen1,~ Marcel

Gen 1 on left Gen2 Middle & Gen 3 on right

After Conversion
Marcel & Dylan Larose
559 minot ave (207) 783-0388

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.