Author Topic: Burbot location help  (Read 683 times)

Offline smitty661

• IceShanty Rookie
Burbot location help
« on: Jan 15, 2022, 10:54 AM »
I am new to burbot and am trying to figure out where I would set up my shelter for a overnight burbot trip. Anybody willing to give me an idea of places to set up based off of this depth chart? I circled the areas I’m considering. I hear they come up shallow at night. Any input would be appreciated

Online fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Burbot location help
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2022, 03:46 PM »
Are there any places that you circled have rocks, the Ling like to move up along the rocks to chase the crawdads and minnows around. Other that that all the locations look good I would fish the one on the left because it looks like a river might be on that side of the lake and those areas are good when the Ling run up the rivers at night to spawn around this time of year if I remembering right we have caught a lot of Ling where the rivers fill into the lakes along rocky edges or sand flats by the sharp drops.

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2022, 09:30 PM »
sandy bays is where i have found them

Offline wyler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2022, 12:56 AM »
Historically we caught them  on glow jigs 6-12" off bottom near rockplies in 14 fow.  If it were me I would pick either  Flatt on the west end and look fo a weed edge or rockpile. If I can't find that setup as centered as possible on the flatt.

Offline smitty661

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2022, 08:42 AM »
Thank you guys for the input. Im not sure about rocks but I will see what I can find out.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.