Author Topic: Re: Lake Of The Woods/ Lake Of The Woods  (Read 2029 times)

UnderCoverBrother

Re: Lake Of The Woods/ Lake Of The Woods
« on: Dec 02, 2004, 01:29 PM »
Real BIG! :-*
Just found out that Lake Of The Woods is froze over as far as you can see accross the lake! :o

Offline Mongo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2004, 02:08 PM »
Lucky you,
We can not even get small lakes in Mass to freeze as of yet.

cid

« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2004, 08:33 AM »
Group was supposed to go up there this weekend but cancelled due to bad ice, supposed to be cold next week. Havent heard if any of the resorts got shacks out yet, sure has been a slow start ???

fisher35

« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2004, 09:07 PM »
its gunna be cold but not cold enough to make alot of ice

Offline crappiemaster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2004, 10:46 AM »
How much ice is on Lake of the Woods?

Offline Ludwikowski21

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz ........
« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2004, 01:49 PM »
From the report I got this morning there is about 15" of ice on the big lake and the resorts are starting to let people drive out on their own.

Lud

Offline Gary Piotrowski

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 30, 2004, 05:37 AM »
i have got a sleeper booked for 3 days on 1-10-05 on LOW and I'm looking for some info.
this will be my first time to Minnesota  I'm from Ohio do allot of walleye fishing on lake Erie 

basically what I'm looking for is some reports on the fishing there and some helpful hints as to insure a great trip any help wit this would be great         thanks in advance
                                                                                                     Gary

Offline drjongy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 13, 2005, 12:13 AM »
Ice was about 24 inches on 1/9/05, but with lows in the -30's comming up this weekend there will be even more...might need to bust out the auger extensions early this year.  Lots of permanent houses on the ice.  Travel can be a little difficult off the plowed road because of the snow depth.  We had good action last weekend at about 24 feet.  Had some buddies at 20 feet and 31 feet and they didn't do quite as well.  Last weekend the weather was warmer than previous weeks and apparentlyt the bite was much better.  The cold snap this weekend might be trouble...not only for the fish, but the fishermen--talking about -24 F for the high on Saturday!

Jiggathon

« Reply #8 on: Jan 13, 2005, 01:06 PM »
Im from central minnesota and i just wanted to know how bad the cold snaps shut down the fishing up there?since its pretty chilly up there all the time.

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 13, 2005, 02:03 PM »
Im from central minnesota and i just wanted to know how bad the cold snaps shut down the fishing up there?since its pretty chilly up there all the time.
Jiggaton,where ya from in minnesota maybe we are so close and don't know it..
Hard Ice

Jiggathon

« Reply #10 on: Jan 13, 2005, 02:25 PM »
Well i am origanily from Cambridge-isanti area but now curently live in Grand Forks ND where are you from?

Offline drjongy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 13, 2005, 03:41 PM »
Jiggathon, I'm from Grand Forks as well.

When the temps are sustained in a very cold snap the fishing usually sucks.  When the temps are falling or rising the fishing is pretty good, even if its getting colder at the time.  Seems like the stationary temps are what shut the fish off.

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 13, 2005, 04:44 PM »
Well i am origanily from Cambridge-isanti area but now curently live in Grand Forks ND where are you from?
well we are not to far apart i'm from Staples-Brainerd..
Hard Ice

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 13, 2005, 09:35 PM »
Gary from Ohio, I've been fishing on LOW a lot, & it seems ya can't go wrong w/ the gold Pimples.  Also, demons are awesome in any color, as long as it's a blue glow.  As far as fishing goes, I've heard it's been pretty spotty for the last couple weeks.  Good luck!

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off.

Offline Gary Piotrowski

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #14 on: Jan 16, 2005, 06:44 AM »
Thanks for all the info    just got back from LOW and had a great time caught alot of fish but was shocked at the size of them  nothing like the walleye we get on lake Erie but still had a blast and the ellpout at night time was a lot of fun caught a 33inch 10 1/2# on ultralite with 2# test it was a long fight but sure was fun i don't know if i will go back  the 20 hour drive one way was rough and stressful with the black ice on the roads but it was a great time on the ice   
                                             thanks again
                                                              Gary

Jiggathon

« Reply #15 on: Jan 23, 2005, 06:43 PM »
I too just got back from lake of the woods. fishing was about normal with a few larger walleys in the 19-23 inch range and alot of the 5-10 inch walleyes and saugers. although the fish werent all that big there was still plenty of bottle bass to be had.

Offline drjongy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Feb 14, 2005, 02:06 PM »
Good action on Saturday but the average fish size was down at our depth of 26 feet.  Next weekend might have to move into the 30 to 33 foot range.  Sunday's bite was real slow until the last couple hours of the day.

Offline Tricky

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Go Vikes!
« Reply #17 on: Feb 18, 2005, 03:24 PM »
Hi Lads and lasses. Any reports out of Arnesens on LOW? We're going in mid-March.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.