Author Topic: starting to look like winter out there  (Read 3887 times)

HYDRASPORT73

starting to look like winter out there
« on: Dec 13, 2004, 09:13 PM »
Wont be long now , a couple more weeks of this weather and the ponds will be ready . Cant wait !

Offline blue mule

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LOOK CLOSER...
Re: starting to look like winter out there
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2004, 02:23 AM »
i'm right behind you!

Offline Gary Piotrowski

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2004, 08:11 AM »
I'll look for ya when i get back from lake of the woods i couldn't wait so i booked a trip where there is ice 
                                       Gary

Offline Full_Choke

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2004, 09:07 AM »
Snow no, freeze yes!
Dance big daddy dance!

Offline ice makerr

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2004, 10:09 AM »
Yeah i hate the snow but I love the ice. I cant wait for the ice. The way the forecast looks we might be on the ice new years eve!
       Your friend,
          ICE MAKERR

Offline swantucky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2004, 10:22 AM »
   I am ready for ice NOW!!  It seems like the more equipment/gear I get the more I am chomping at the bit to get on the ice.  I've had a good deer season and have lost the fire to get out there bowhunting so bring on the ice!  I'll give it till new years and if we don't get ice here I'm heading north as far as needed.  The guys in Canada are really making me jealous.  Bring on  the ice!!!!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

fishing marshall

« Reply #6 on: Dec 14, 2004, 05:30 PM »
Never ice fished before , but i can't wait to give it a try this year. Hope it gets here soon!

peple of the perch

« Reply #7 on: Dec 14, 2004, 06:36 PM »
i cant wait eather getting the equip. ready and everything

ice cube

« Reply #8 on: Dec 14, 2004, 06:46 PM »
First post on the forum. I love to Ice Fish ::)
I can't wait to get on the ice in Ohio. It looks like we could get enough cold weather to get on the ice before Christmas. Anyway hello to everyone and I hope to learn how to put pictures on this site. Maybe someone can tell me how to do it. I have a few good pictures. Looking forward to talking with everyone and sharing ideas. Signing off for now. Here fishy fishy fishy!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D THE ICE CUBE

bigcat46

« Reply #9 on: Dec 14, 2004, 06:56 PM »
Icecube,

It would be awesome if we could be on the ice on christmas weekend. The forecast looks cold for the next week, i know of a few ponds could have 4in. on 'em by next weekend maybe.

get jiggy with it

Offline blue mule

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LOOK CLOSER...
« Reply #10 on: Dec 15, 2004, 02:53 AM »
hey ....
           where ya from? lets keep in touch and maybe get together when the ice comes.

Offline swantucky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 15, 2004, 09:26 AM »
   My pond had ice on it as of 9:30 last night.  I was in a hurry this morning for a meeting so I could not check how much I've got but will check after work tonight.  The weatherman says we could be getting an "artic blast " from Canada by the 1st of next week!!!  We may be on the ponds by Christmas weekend!!  With any luck this pattern will continue and Erie will be a possibility by mid January or so. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

HYDRASPORT73

« Reply #12 on: Dec 15, 2004, 09:37 AM »
I live in the Columbus area . Will probably have to go north a couple times until things freeze down here . Cant wait for Buckeye to freeze over so I can kil the eyes .

Offline blue mule

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LOOK CLOSER...
« Reply #13 on: Dec 15, 2004, 10:09 AM »
i'm in mt. vernon. never made it to buckeye yet but have heard a lot of good things about it. maybe this year for sure.

bigcat46

« Reply #14 on: Dec 15, 2004, 02:37 PM »
I'm in zanesville, never been on buckeye either, i just fish strip ponds and farm ponds. Can't wait to pull some fresh gills through through the ice

ice cube

« Reply #15 on: Dec 15, 2004, 04:06 PM »
I'm from Dresden Ohio. Big Cat and myself do some ice fishing together.
Hey  BLUE MULE, From Mt. Vernon and going pass Fredericktown there is a lake on the right. It is just before you turn to go to Lexington.
 Is there any fish and are you allowed on it? It looks like a great place to ice fish.
     Looked at a few ponds coming home from work and they have the first skim of ice on them!!!   YES, KEEP ON FREEZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) THE ICE CUBE

HYDRASPORT73

« Reply #16 on: Dec 15, 2004, 06:46 PM »
Buckeye is not far fro either of you , if you want to get into some eye's this winter its the place to be . I usually have better success at night but have done well early in the mornings and late evening .

Offline blue mule

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LOOK CLOSER...
« Reply #17 on: Dec 16, 2004, 03:57 AM »
ice cube
             thats an old gravel pit. the creek you cross on rt.13 flows out of kokosing res. i fished it once many years ago, but didn't catch anything. i've talked to guys who have.i've been told (for what it's worth) that there's whatever you want to catch in there. really deep.theres another gravel pit in mt.v thats been made into a city park, that i've been dyin to get on hard water.it was grown up and the mob dumped bodies in it so the city took it over, mowed the weeds, stocked trout, set up picnic tables.... a great place to go if you have little young'uns.picnic and fish.
  there are 2 lakes i know of but i've had people tell me there are 3 if you want to walk some. the lake on the right is really clear. the one on the left is stained some.
    i've caught 15 in. crappies out of both. 11 in. perch too but i haven't fished for them much.
 the lake on the right is (guessing) 40 acres. 20 ft average depth. the lake on the left is (guessing again) bigger but it's long and narrow with a lot more structure.     
 the sign at the gate says park closes nov 15 but the last time i was there i talked to a guy who said he ice fished there. park at the gate and walk in.  he said they do pretty good. i'll find out this year.btw i marked some  spotss on  gps

ice cube

« Reply #18 on: Dec 16, 2004, 01:56 PM »
Blue Mule ,
    Maybe Big Cat 46 and myself can "hook" up with you sometime and hit that area. Keep on freez'en!   The ICE CUBE :D

Offline biggvinn2000

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish or go home
« Reply #19 on: Dec 16, 2004, 02:55 PM »
The Sandusky bay is starting to lock up, it is looking very good up here on the lake. Will keep all of yall posted.
Women love me , fish fear me!!!!!!

Offline John_Boy

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Give me ice or give me death !!!
« Reply #20 on: Dec 16, 2004, 07:10 PM »
Hey guys
I guess i live by blue mule . If anyone wants to get together and go to buckeye lake or sandusky i'm up for the trip . Those gravel pits your talking about is the northern branch of the kokosing river . They're hard to fish but there is fish in them . Although i've never fished them on the hard stuff . Keep me posted if anyone is interested in taking a road trip ! 
                                                                     John

Offline swantucky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Dec 17, 2004, 08:34 AM »
   Thanks for the update bigqvinn2000.  I can't wait to get on the bay or lake.  I checked my pond this morning,  there is about 1 1/2".  With the 12 and 15 degree nights forecast for this weekend I think we will be on the ponds by Sunday or mid-week at the latest.  Keep me posted on Sandusky bay,  I have the week between x-mas and new years off and was planning on deer hunting but if we have ice I am going fishing!!!

ice cube

« Reply #22 on: Dec 17, 2004, 06:34 PM »
Looks like we can be on ice Tues or Weds. next week, if tomorrow it doesn't rain in our area.
First pond we get on will be a good blue gill pond. Nothing taste better than the first catch of the year. Gills in the fry'en pan, UMMM UMMM !!!!!!!!!!!
  Hey Big Cat, bet you can't wait to get that new ice fishing pole broke in ?
I'll be working on a new ice hut design this weekend. Freeze on Freeze on!!The ICE CUBE  :)

Blue Pike

« Reply #23 on: Dec 17, 2004, 09:44 PM »
Hey, thanks for the good news Bigqvinn 2000. Like Swantucky, I can't wait to get on the bay or lake.
Hope to be on the farm ponds and Up-ground reservoirs very soon. :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.