Author Topic: Flasher ?  (Read 882 times)

Offline bullpine

• Team IceShanty Addict
Flasher ?
« on: Dec 06, 2014, 12:45 PM »
I have a Hummingbird ICE 45 and I want to get a backup flasher or for when someone comes along to fish with me.  What are your actual experiences with flashers are or are NOT compatible or won't interfere with my ICE45? ???

Offline Ravo Himself

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Flasher ?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2014, 01:39 PM »
I have the ice 35. Probably your best bang for your buck. You already have a bird so you know their quality. Works great for me
The BIG one is just one flag away!

Species caught : largemouth, smallmouth,  bluegill, perch, White perch, crappie, trout, catfish, bowfin, pickerel, pike

-Ryan-

Offline wolffpack08

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2014, 02:10 PM »
The only flasher that should give you interference would  be another humminbird.   A vex or Marcum would be fine.

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2014, 02:15 PM »
you want to get a vex :angel :flex: :flex: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2014, 04:24 PM »
I would get a vex or marcum and use the hummingbird as a backup

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #5 on: Dec 06, 2014, 08:08 PM »
I would get a vex or marcum and use the hummingbird as a backup

thats what i just did. got the lx-7 and the ice-55 is back up or for when the wife goes

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 07, 2014, 10:25 PM »
Get a MarCum and use the ice 45 as a back up i just last year bought a lx7 and use my ice 55 as a back up or for friends.

Offline ispoman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 07, 2014, 10:42 PM »
Id make the 45 my back up and buy a real flasher

Fishmon

« Reply #8 on: Dec 08, 2014, 08:09 AM »
Try a Marcum lx-5 or the vexilar Fl-28.  Both are first rate!

Offline NanookofN-MN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 08, 2014, 08:29 AM »
As others have said Macrum and Vex's will not interfere with Humminbirds because birds run on a different signal.  I just got an Ice-55 and now use my Marcum as a back up.  You will find an opinion for every unit out there.  Best is to do your research and find out what will be the best backup for you and your budget.   
I envy not him that eats better meat than I do; nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do. – Izaak Walton

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 08, 2014, 09:10 AM »
As others have said Macrum and Vex's will not interfere with Humminbirds because birds run on a different signal.

I don't know about that. I fished a couple years ago with a buddy, I have the ice-45 and he had an fl-8, we were set in holes about 20 ft apart and I was getting some interference from him and he got none from me. He moved to another spot about 50 ft away and the interference went away. That was the only time I ever got any interference on my 'bird and I've fished with guys with vex's and marcums.

Offline NanookofN-MN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 08, 2014, 09:14 AM »
I don't know about that. I fished a couple years ago with a buddy, I have the ice-45 and he had an fl-8, we were set in holes about 20 ft apart and I was getting some interference from him and he got none from me. He moved to another spot about 50 ft away and the interference went away. That was the only time I ever got any interference on my 'bird and I've fished with guys with vex's and marcums.

Interesting.  You have my mind thinking now.  I might have to put my Humminbird and Marcum to the test this weekend.  I have fished with a Humminbird near and didn't see interference but that's not to say I didn't miss it. 
I envy not him that eats better meat than I do; nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do. – Izaak Walton

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 08, 2014, 09:58 AM »
It only happened the one time with that one buddy, I've fished with guys with fl-18's and fl-20's and never had a problem and I've never had problems with marcums near by either. We were fishing in about 28ft and I got regular spaced multiple marks traveling around my screen. I figured I might have had my gain set too high but it didn't change anything when I set it lower.

Offline Yankee Troller

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 08, 2014, 10:00 AM »
Interesting.  You have my mind thinking now.  I might have to put my Humminbird and Marcum to the test this weekend.  I have fished with a Humminbird near and didn't see interference but that's not to say I didn't miss it.

Were you fishing deep?
Clam Pro & Yukon TC
Humminbird ICE55 & ICE HELIX 7
Thorne Bros Custom Ice Rods - Quiverstick, Power Noodle, Perch Sweetheart, Med Walleye Sweetheart, MH Walleye Sweetheart, and Deadstick
Daiwa Laguna Reels
Strikemaster 10" Lazer Pro & 6" Lazer
Ice Fishing Innovations Rod Locker

Offline nodakclam19

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If ya can't catch em, break out the beer.
« Reply #14 on: Dec 08, 2014, 10:07 AM »
If you want to be interference free don't fish next to anyone with a Marcum. I had an LX-6 but ditched it for a FLX-28 because my friends were getting pissed that it turned their flashers into a light show!
Fall: Duck/Pheasant/Bow Hunting
Winter: Hardwater Fishing
Spring: Snow Goose Hunting
Summer: Musky/Walleye Fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.