Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Quad city area ice  (Read 658 times)

Offline oxdeleon

• IceShanty Rookie
Quad city area ice
« on: Mar 13, 2014, 11:04 AM »
Haven't been out in a few weeks.  How is the shoreline ice around the quad city's?

Offline harpenter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Quad city area ice
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2014, 12:34 PM »
Not good at all.  I'd be surprised if you're able to get out by this weekend.  Ice was still a good 1' thick out in the middle, but the edges are so bad now it's nearly impossible to get out there. 

Offline fish333

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2014, 02:22 PM »
Was over to LGL and was at Hanson"s  the other day. Open water at LGL on the edges and Hanson's was real muddy. I think the creek must of dam up on the west side of the park and then broke loose. The muddy water flowed over the top of the ice that is there and sure made it a muddy mess. All most all the way out to the deep hole. Some people were up in Sodus area. Good luck and be safe!! :tipup:

Offline oxdeleon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 13, 2014, 02:33 PM »
Thanks for the reports.  Sounds like I need to head north a little further, anyone been out in the spring lake or sabula areas?   Hit the open water last week and did well, but now this runoff has the river all murked up so I plan on hitting the ice somewhere one last time!

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Mar 13, 2014, 05:55 PM »
There were guys on west lake today. No idea on ice conditions, there wasn't but a foot of good ice there before the warm weather. But there is no open water at all there except for at the ramp where they dumped the trout at. Not even over by the rental building, did they not run the aerator this year? Was hoping to find a little open water around the rock jetty there, but it was still iced up.

Also a few guys at the harbor today, but heard it wasn't too safe anymore.

Myself, I'm just giving up. There's still good ice out there and probably will be for a while.. I'm just not in the mood anymore I guess.

Murked up is an understatement, its like chocolate milk today. But it will clear up by next weekend. Wapsi is going down fast and no rain predicted for a while. I didn't have anyone with a boat to fish with, but fished from the bank the last few days. Got a buffalo and some carp but no saugs.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline oxdeleon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 13, 2014, 06:24 PM »
Last Friday was the day to be out.  good bite all day long and clear waters.  Ill pm you my number if you ever want to go out usually Fridays and Sundays are my fishin' days.

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 13, 2014, 09:31 PM »
Yeeoow, nice mess there! Pm sent.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Mar 13, 2014, 09:35 PM »
That's got the slough written all over it.  ;D

Fri, sat, and sun we were on LGL, the crappies were on fire. Monday I hit the dam and there wasn't anything going on. Was 18 boats and I saw 2 fish caught, both about 10" long. Tues there were 3 boats and I saw a lot of fish caught but they were even smaller, a lot of snagged shad. Now the rollers are open and the water is extremely muddy.
EYECONICFISHING

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.