New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Lime Lake/Tiger Musky  (Read 1403 times)

Offline trapperjim53

• IceShanty Rookie
Lime Lake/Tiger Musky
« on: Jan 03, 2013, 09:53 AM »
Is the DEC still putting tiger muskies into this lake anyone know. Public access is very limited. Last time I fished there every hole I punched through the ice had nothing but weeds Couldn't even get a line in.

Offline Billk44

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Lime Lake/Tiger Musky
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2013, 10:03 AM »
I think they do limited stocking there, over the last few years I have seen quite a few large ones taken. Be carefull on the ice, underwater springs can change the thickness in large areas. I caught my personal best black crappie there 14-1/2".

Offline Huntyeraws

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hey! You got a flag!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2013, 10:09 AM »
According to 2011 NYSDEC data, Lime Lake was stocked  with

500   Tiger muskellunge   10.5"
   5100   Walleye   2"

Offline Billk44

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2013, 10:14 AM »
I have yet to catch a walley at Lime but I might try harder now.

Offline Norwegian 1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2013, 02:04 PM »
I grew up fishing this  lake and pulled a 36 inch norlundge  out in open water and a 27 inch walleye in open water if u can find the crappie the average size is 10 to 12 inches beautiful thick crappie's  in this lake.. ..but listen to Billk44  the springs deffinatly  make this lake dangerous for ice fisherman... my buddies father lived on the lake and liked to hike it in his snowshoe's and has gone through numerous times.... once again spud...picks rope and a buddy...be safe happy fishing
Jig em...Clean em...Batter em...Eat em...Go back for more
Co. Captain Norwegian1
Cuba Lake Allstars

Offline bufficeman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • leave no trace
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2013, 03:17 PM »
I agree. This is a very spooky lake to fish and you can never let your guard down because you can be on 10"-12" and two feet away there could be one inch and you'd never know it as that lake usually has a ton of snow on it. And dont even think about going in the area by the road..ever. Never had much luck at Lime at all though, couple gills in several trips is it. Good to know they started stocking in the again

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.