New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Franklin Falls Pond  (Read 5673 times)

Offline pikie

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Franklin Falls Pond
« Reply #30 on: Jan 17, 2013, 09:12 AM »
ice thickness on colby is very variable.  5 inches to 2 in a hurry in spots.  2 wheelers went though last week.  If you go, use a spud to WALK anywhere first.  Fishing has not been good for me personally, 1 small salmon in 3 trips, 0 trout.

Offline adkmtnman76

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • summer beauty!!
« Reply #31 on: Jan 17, 2013, 09:40 AM »
you wanna sell that camp ;D we love franklin falls in the summer, last trip we caught 50 plus walleyes all day long was a good time

Offline jeep528

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 18, 2013, 09:31 AM »
My relative has a camp on Franklin Falls pond.  I have always had luck fishing between the two points close to shore and in the channel.

Offline Burning Beard

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Jan 21, 2013, 07:28 AM »
you wanna sell that camp ;D we love franklin falls in the summer, last trip we caught 50 plus walleyes all day long was a good time

No sale.  The camp has been in my family for almost 50 years.  In those 50 years we have never had a day like you had or even close.  PM me your place or secret PLEASE!

Offline Burning Beard

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Jan 21, 2013, 07:30 AM »
My relative has a camp on Franklin Falls pond.  I have always had luck fishing between the two points close to shore and in the channel.

If you are talking about the spot where the channel runs through where the water really narrows than yes we have had luck there too but haven;t fished through the ice yet.

Offline Burning Beard

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Jan 21, 2013, 07:33 AM »
With temps dropping to single and minus digits this week I assume the ice will be ok for us but I always worry about the channel.  Anyone have any info at all?  Been on it or saw someone on it?  What is the snow depth if any?  Any visible water?  Any and all help is much appreciated as we would like to be prepared prior to our  5+ hour drive.

Thanks!

Offline fish_on!

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Jan 22, 2013, 08:59 PM »
For snow depth, try zooming in on the NOAA's map here: http://www.nohrsc.nws.gov/interactive/html/map.html

Offline Laker Taker1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Jan 22, 2013, 09:32 PM »
Ice was 7 inches on Monday.  Walking conditions were great.  Just a little crunch on the ice.  Fishing was soso - some small pike and one small walleye.  Enjoy your trip.

Scott

Offline Bussman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #38 on: Jan 22, 2013, 10:42 PM »

Does anyone know of restrictions on 4 wheeler used on franklin and/or union falls?

Offline Bussman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #39 on: Jan 23, 2013, 12:50 PM »
Got a call back from the Ray Brook office and Beth tells me you can access any body of water with a 4 wheeler or sled as long as you use a legal access point and you vehicle is legal.  Still may make access to Union a challenge because of thin ice at the only access. Does anyone else have a place where I could get permission to access Union Falls? Would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to PM me if you would like.

Thanks in advance,

Bussman

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.