The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: ice breaking  (Read 1884 times)

Offline yukoncornelius

• Team IceShanty Addict
ice breaking
« on: Nov 24, 2007, 07:18 AM »
considering the amount of ice wed had to break this AM in the canoe, how much formed while we were out, and how little open water we had, it won't be long now!

Offline pegasus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THINK ICE
Re: ice breaking
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2007, 09:34 AM »
Did you set a few traps? ;D
Steve

Offline rockhound57

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 25, 2007, 10:41 PM »
It's Here!!!!!

I walked out on Keyser Pond in east Fryeburg this afternoon, pretty crunchy, and since I was still in my "Sunday go to meetings" , I didn't go too far, but I couldn't see any open water unless there was a narrow strip way over on the east shore/bay area. looked like about 2" of ice away from shore, but the level fluctuates so much with the Saco, only 1-1 1/2" at shore. The Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise (literally), I've already told Mother where I'll be next Sat.!!!!    ;D ;D ;) :-* :tipup: :tipup: :clap: :thumbsup: :clap:
      live free or die in NH, fish western ME

Offline KJB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2007, 07:09 AM »
It's Here!!!!!

I walked out on Keyser Pond in east Fryeburg this afternoon, pretty crunchy, and since I was still in my "Sunday go to meetings" , I didn't go too far, but I couldn't see any open water unless there was a narrow strip way over on the east shore/bay area. looked like about 2" of ice away from shore, but the level fluctuates so much with the Saco, only 1-1 1/2" at shore. The Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise (literally), I've already told Mother where I'll be next Sat.!!!!    ;D ;D ;) :-* :tipup: :tipup: :clap: :thumbsup: :clap:
good luck and stay on top
kjb

Offline rockhound57

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 27, 2007, 09:53 PM »
  set out a couple minnow traps in local ponds last night, had to break ice at two of three, checked 2 tonight, had to break ice in the hole to get a trap out. Got 3 minnows, but it's a start!! :tipup: :tipup: ;D :tipup: :tipup:

Offline KJB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 28, 2007, 06:52 AM »
  set out a couple minnow traps in local ponds last night, had to break ice at two of three, checked 2 tonight, had to break ice in the hole to get a trap out. Got 3 minnows, but it's a start!! :tipup: :tipup: ;D :tipup: :tipup:
what do you keep your minnows in for "storage"
kjb

Offline rockhound57

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 28, 2007, 08:38 PM »
 ;) I have a hot tub size pond in a 3 season brook in back of my house, with a wood and screen box floating in it.    ;) :laugh:
 :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
 got an even dozen redfin shiners (I'm told that's what they are, I just know they're BAIT) from my favorite spot tonight ;D

Offline KJB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 29, 2007, 06:59 AM »
;) I have a hot tub size pond in a 3 season brook in back of my house, with a wood and screen box floating in it.    ;) :laugh:
 :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
 got an even dozen redfin shiners (I'm told that's what they are, I just know they're BAIT) from my favorite spot tonight ;D
thanks
kjb

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.