New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: fishing spots  (Read 1703 times)

Offline gettinjiggy

• IceShanty Rookie
fishing spots
« on: Nov 27, 2007, 12:36 PM »
 What lakes do you guys fish ? and what type of fish do you fish for ?  do you keep or release , Also any ideas on good walleye spots in eastern NY .  thanks for the info

Offline IrishIce99

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "I am number 1. All others are number 2 or lower."
Re: fishing spots
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2007, 01:34 PM »
i fish mostly for perch and sometimes pike, ususally Irondequoit, Sodus, or Port Bays. As far as easter NY im not sure if there's much there for ice fishing? I hear Honeyoie Lake is good for walleye, i plan on going there this winter.
Support local bait and tackle shops --> Jay-Ve <br />   

Offline wayneo637

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2007, 04:11 PM »
How far east are you talking? North or south?  I fish from Sandy Pond up to the St. Lawarance all along the lake for just about everything. I plan on taking a trip to Lake George this winter also one to Black Lake.
WHEN HELL FREEZES OVER I'LL ICE FISH THERE TOO!!

Offline perchking4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 2007, 06:05 PM »
I mostly fish Glass and Crystal lake for perch and pikerail.

Offline champlainmonster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 27, 2007, 06:30 PM »
lake champlain rouses point mostley for pike, 
[*IMG]http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj285/wt_cba_08/Fishing/2-18-08001b-2.jpg[/IMG*]

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #5 on: Nov 27, 2007, 07:25 PM »
What lakes do you guys fish ? and what type of fish do you fish for ?  do you keep or release , Also any ideas on good walleye spots in eastern NY .  thanks for the info

Since fresh fish has always been one of my favorite foods, I always go ice-fishing with the goal of keeping fish to eat. I fish on Loon Lake in Warren Co. and occassionally Lake George. I also fish on West Branch and Amawalk reservoirs in Putnam and Westchester counties. I keep perch over 8", pike over 24" and pickerel over 18" for the frying pan. These are the 3 main species I target. I have not had much success catching walleye.

The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline Hardwaternubie53

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 28, 2007, 06:55 AM »
I like to follow the tournaments & fish for what species are targeted in the tourney. I haven't won a tourney yet, but, I have met a GREAT bunch of guys, gals & kids! I have a ball! I go all over, mostly the 'daks...Northern Challange (Tupper area), Grafton Lakes, Pisico, Lake Pleasent, 'daga, the King, 'toga, Caroga. Host a tourney & I'll be there! Because of distances, I usually camp out overnight on the ice. WHAT A BLAST!!! If there are no tournaments on a particular day, I usually go to Grafton or 'Toga, as I am kind of equidistant from them. LOVE trout, & try for pike as well. No luck yet with 'eyes. Only my third season coming up on the ice...CAN"T WAIT!!!
 Neal

Offline iceplank

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Nov 28, 2007, 10:32 AM »
saratoga lake for pannies/wallyes,used to pound crooked and crystal in averill park for perch/gills. When it is frozen i worship lake george for a very long walk and tons of perch ,same for champlain. when i am in my home town i hit irondequoit and sodus bays for perch. ;)
friends dont let friends fish dead holes.

Offline snelly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my new shanty
« Reply #8 on: Nov 28, 2007, 01:01 PM »
I like to fish north end of schroon early ice for lakers and salmon,also caroga early for splake, then it's on to the king for some perch also like to fish for lakers and salmon although I don't target them you will catch a northern once in a while. And then I end the season by fishing otsego for lakers and salmon providing there is safe ice.

Offline zaphod4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fishing,my drug of choice
« Reply #9 on: Nov 28, 2007, 03:49 PM »
oneida lake,deruyter res,whitney point res.Going to do a Sodus point weekend this year.Vacation @ Sodus Point every summer,always wanted to try the hard water there.Want to try some new places this season.
Pan fish,walleye,pickeral.Like to catch and release.Release into my frying pan!

Offline Orion

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Nov 30, 2007, 06:24 PM »
oneida lake,deruyter res,whitney point res.Going to do a Sodus point weekend this year.Vacation @ Sodus Point every summer,always wanted to try the hard water there.Want to try some new places this season.
Pan fish,walleye,pickeral.Like to catch and release.Release into my frying pan!

I have a house 25min from whitney point never fished there but want to try drove past there one time looks like a big lake can you tell me a good area to start from on the lake

Offline Tank

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 30, 2007, 06:57 PM »
Try to the right of the park about 3 hundred yds out.This is as good as any on this lake.From an experienced ice fisherman who has fished it for years dont expect to do very good.Last 2 years stunk there is still not a good population of leagle size crappie there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.