Author Topic: Striker Hardwater vs Climate, sure its been talked about but cant find it, lol  (Read 3557 times)

Offline jjc155

• Team IceShanty Addict
I'm sure its been hashed out here before but I can not find it on a search.

I'm looking to replace my aging AA suit with one of the Strikers. At first I was gona get the Hardwater but then read some good stuff about the CLimate as well.

The price is negligible between them so that is not a factor for me.

Durability, warmth, water/wind resistance, comfort etc all matter.

I like the heavier material of the Hardwater and they def sound like they will be warm enough for me.

Is the Climate as warm as the Hardwater WHEN the liners are in?? How are the liners secured, any chance of them bunching up and being uncomfortable and/or cause cold spots? How easy are the liners to put in and out?

Hows the durability of the Climate shell? I really like the extra vent across the back of the Climate if you need to cool down quick but not take the jacket off etc.

Sorry for the questions that I'm sure have been asked already. If there are links to other threads that answer my questions please thrown em my way.

J-

Offline willisdotcom

• Team IceShanty Regular
i also would love to know the same thing!  i have had my arctic armor set for 5+ years and would like a new suit in different color than red/black i have now.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
My problem is there isn't any where close to me that carries them so I can't go check them out and try them on. 

Offline willisdotcom

• Team IceShanty Regular
I havent seen them anywhere near me either to try on.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
 My wife just  bought me one for my birthday( she ordered it last week) from profishing.com... large grey/black ...they were out of red/black... I wore it this past weekend replacing my aging Ice Armor suit... this is the best designed, best made suit I have ever owned..
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline willisdotcom

• Team IceShanty Regular
i just realized chapmans on black lake is a dealer, but didnt have my size in to try on.  next season i will hopefully get to try on and buy.

Offline rayclargo

• IceShanty Rookie
I have a stricker hardwater suit, The Jacket is too warm for me. I fish from a flip over and trying to set up , drill holes its just too hot. Im going to sell the jacket?? Quality , its # one. I love this jacket just too warm?? Bibs i love.

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
Maybe a bit late, but the Climate isn't as warm as the Hardwater when the liner is out. It zips in and the sleeves are buttoned in by the cuffs. IMHO, the jackets are equally warm when the liner is in.

I had a HW and it was stolen out of my car while I was in a Taco Bell getting lunch. I upgraded to the Climate and never looked back. It's nice having the option of using just the shell, the liner or both when fishing or running around town.

Offline slabkiller

• IceShanty Rookie
Their website says Climate has heat rating of 10 out of a possible 10. The Hardwater is 9 and the Predator is 7. A guy at the St. Paul Ice Fishing Show told me the Clam Extreme is maybe a 5 or 6 on the same scale. Read the info on the Tech Talk link at strikerice.com for some interesting talk on how to rate cold weather gear. Also, I was told the Climate jacket is a tapered fit compared to Hardwater, because if you remove the liner on the Climate the shell won't be too baggy. Good luck. P.S.- I wear Hardwater bib with the Striker performance hoody.

Offline Alex Delarge

• Team IceShanty Addict
I got the hardwater last year and love it, both jacket and bibs are a piece of work. That is my dedicated fishing suit. I'm sure the climate is a great suit also and perhaps more versatile but I find jackets/bibs with removable liners to be bulky and uncomfortable IMHO. Hardwater has the snap on hand rags, it is specifically designed for ice fishing, I've been warm and comfy in it down to -20°F.
It must be something in the water.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.