Author Topic: Moore Dam  (Read 1971 times)

Offline wautuhguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Moore Dam
« on: Feb 05, 2015, 07:17 AM »
 Any fishing, parking, or ice reports from North Littleton ramp? Planned fishing there Sat. Trying to talk myself out of it.
I have never been before but am fishing with someone who has fished open water a few times.
Thanks for any help.     
                                          Mikey

Offline GraniteStateJoe

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Moore Dam
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2015, 08:25 AM »
I always was sketchy about it because of the series you hear about the water line being so far below the ice. I wondered how you got out if u went down. Maybe I'm just picturing it wrong in my head😄

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2015, 08:36 AM »
I thought about that too but I have never seen it when I have fished a reservoir where they discharge water.
Any thoughts Dick?

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2015, 04:15 PM »
Not sure if you mean Nockeys landing or up the road a bit to Perkins landing. Snow on the ice but plenty of ice,water is down some but not bad. Either spot will have room to park(Perkins has less so go early)

Offline taggin out

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2015, 05:55 PM »
How is the atv travel

Offline dickbaker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2015, 06:58 PM »
 ??? Water level has been pretty high until now but they will soon begin the winter draw down.   Not much risk of suspended ice but it will become a difficult return trip for ATV without chains.  Soon there will be a steep, twenty foot drop to the ice.   Both pike records have come upriver from Perkins Landing.  Too far to walk.  But there are probably a dozen undiscovered pike spots on the 12 miles of  pond.   My biggest pike(43 inches) came  in the spring right in front of the Nockey's Landing.   
I'm still waiting for someone to find out where the thousands of small mouth hide during the winter ::)
Dick

Offline taggin out

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 05, 2015, 08:58 PM »
What about truck travel

Offline xjma

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 05, 2015, 11:05 PM »
What about truck travel

If you're on 40"+ tires, lockers front and rear, you may be in business, but no guarantees.  Anything less than 40" tires locked front and rear, no chance. 

Buddies XJ tube buggy on 39.5" stickies was no picnic a few miles south of moore dam.  He was lucky to get back off the ice.  YMMV

Offline dickbaker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 06, 2015, 06:15 AM »

What about truck travel

::)Nothing I would recommend .    I've watched a small Vt. SUV run from the dam and up the reservoir.  Its was really stupid.
As they raise and lower the water level all the shoreline ice will be unstable and water covered.   At 20 below this morning I'm not even going to take the drive to check the conditions.    Snow is still light and fluffy so ATV's won't have any trouble on the ice , but I don't know how steep the access points are right now?
Dick

Offline wautuhguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Feb 06, 2015, 07:31 AM »
So if I get to Perkins early is it a doable walk to fishable ice? I will be on foot.

Offline dickbaker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 06, 2015, 12:55 PM »
So if I get to Perkins early is it a doable walk to fishable ice? I will be on foot.

Might be a quarter mile walk from the end of the plowed road to the ice.   Cove to the left is fishable??   Best chance it to take the long walk directly across to the shallow stump fields on the Vt. side.  Will probably be tracked already.   Ice will be thick!   I'm assuming you will be after pike and that is the area that produced the previous record pike.  New record came from spot on NH side three miles north.
Good Luck
Dick

Offline wautuhguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Feb 06, 2015, 03:08 PM »
Thanks for the help Mr Baker. But I have chickened out. A 17 hour day just not in the cards. Fishing Pawtuckaway instead.

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 06, 2015, 04:26 PM »
Might be a quarter mile walk from the end of the plowed road to the ice.   Cove to the left is fishable??   Best chance it to take the long walk directly across to the shallow stump fields on the Vt. side.  Will probably be tracked already.   Ice will be thick!   I'm assuming you will be after pike and that is the area that produced the previous record pike.  New record came from spot on NH side three miles north.
Good Luck
Dick

Dick, you would have sent him to jacqueland .There would have been words as jacque thinks he owns that cove ! :)

Offline dickbaker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 06, 2015, 04:48 PM »
 ::) :tipup:  He would have been fine as long as he brought along more beer!  On the other hand I guess it has been kind of Jaque's secret pike spot?
Dick

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 07, 2015, 09:24 AM »
::) :tipup:  He would have been fine as long as he brought along more beer!  On the other hand I guess it has been kind of Jaque's secret pike spot?
Dick

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.