Author Topic: LOOKS LIKE WEDNESDAY OR THURSDAY FIR FIRST TIMERS  (Read 1045 times)

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
LOOKS LIKE WEDNESDAY OR THURSDAY FIR FIRST TIMERS
« on: Dec 27, 2007, 09:39 PM »
If you are as big and careful as I am than get ready for January 2 or 3. See you out there. I will be on the ice all day and most of the nite. Heck might as well make it into a party- fish catching party that is. Going to drop into the single digets 4 2 nites on a row take many bottles of propane and MUCH FOOD AND DRINK AND BE PREPARED TO STAY STAY AND STAY SOME MORE. CANT WAIT! LETS GO AND GET THEM.

Offline crappie rob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: LOOKS LIKE WEDNESDAY OR THURSDAY FIR FIRST TIMERS
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2007, 10:19 AM »
Big Al, you know I'll be out there with ya!!! I'll bring the good luck charm!! She's fired up about ice-fishing!! C-ya. Crappie Rob.
Lets Go Cubs. Bring on the baseball season!!!

Offline Da_Roc

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez! Ya hve to hunt them to catch em
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2007, 10:31 AM »
Where are we going to fish at??
  I like ice parties??
  Da-Roc
  Rocky Martin
  Porter County Indiana

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2007, 10:40 AM »
I am hoping Loomis lake. This SNOW isnt looking good I think it will still be safe come thursday. You have to park at rodgers/lakewood park and walk to the old Swarner place for the best crappie fishing. It was great until they sold the farm to a conservation club. You were able to park right there and walk 20 yards to the fishing hole. That has now changed. I can't believe they are selling keys to the gate of this property for 1,000.00. Can you believe it- I bet they havevt sold 1 yet. TOOOO BADDDD. Maybe see you out there . I usually get there by 3 and stay to around midnite. Hope yo see u there, the more the merrier.

Offline FOOTDOC

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2007, 08:22 PM »
I will also be out for the first time after a bit of colder weather.  I may hit lakewood or maybe stone or go out back here in shorewood.  As far as the swarner property, I would be very surprised if mrs. swarner sold her property.  I have heard from reliable sources (her) that she transferred the property into a nature conservacy so she could afford the taxes on the place.  Did the same thing at Wauhob and told me the boat rental had too much liability.  She is very involved in 4H, conservation activities and has even offered to pitch in financially with the walleye stocking for the valpo chain. 

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 28, 2007, 09:03 PM »
I could believe that. I do know that I called the conservation club # that was posted on the fence and found that the cost of a membership was 1000 dollars. To rich for my blood. It was so much nicer to pay one dollar to park. I am willing to contribute but whats fair? It was great to park and only have to walk 50 yards and be at the "spot". OH well, I guess a little walk is good for the heart and everyone needs a little exercise. Hope to run into you out there sometime soon. LOL.

Offline Rotney72

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 28, 2007, 09:13 PM »
I Wish They Would Put A Decent Boat Ramp On Loomis/Spectacle.You Could'nt Launch A Canoe at the ramp on spectacle .

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 28, 2007, 09:17 PM »
I will drink to that. A friend of mine launched his boat last spring and needed waders. That is a bunch of ?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.