The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Meredith Derby?  (Read 289 times)

Offline burnermaster

• IceShanty Rookie
Meredith Derby?
« on: Jan 08, 2016, 01:25 PM »
Will be my 3rd trip up north for the Meredith Great Ice Fishing Derby.  Was just wondering who else from here is going as well.  Have only fished Winni and Winnisquam, just narrowly avoiding the skunk both times.  Since it's open to all fresh water lakes and ponds in the state, anyone have a favorite body of water?

Offline TheManDJV

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Meredith Derby?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2016, 01:53 PM »
No derby for me this year, usually winnisquam, only one white perch my last two trips
Flaaaaaaaaaaaag!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline masshills

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2016, 01:58 PM »
I've been going since the very beginning.  Winnasquam  and the big lake have some great fishing. Very tough to fish being an outsider. To me much harder fishing with such a variety of cold and warm water fish. I like to start for either lakers or rainbows which usually are slow. About half way through the day I go in the coves looking for some action for bass and slim darts. I know bass are not in the derby but it is action. Never won anything but have been close several times. Good luck.

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2016, 10:04 AM »
I've been doing it for quite a few years and haven't won or boarded a fish but had fun nonetheless.
My main concern is whether or not there will be sufficient safe ice around.
I fish the big lake as well as a few other local ones.

Hope they get a good freeze or they may have to cancel the derby (which had happened at least once before).
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.