Author Topic: Sizing for Arctic Armor  (Read 570 times)

Offline adam2369

• Team IceShanty Regular
Sizing for Arctic Armor
« on: Jan 23, 2011, 08:27 PM »
Can anyone tell me how the sizes run on these suits? It sounds like you don't have to wear many clothes under them, but should I buy a size bigger in case? Thank You.

Offline gillcommander

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I DO NOT FEAR FISH !!!
Re: Sizing for Arctic Armor
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2011, 08:39 PM »
I am 6ft tall and weigh 190lbs...I wear under armor base layers then sweat pants and a hooded sweatshirt...I wear LARGE bibs and the coat...plenty of room and very comfy. They do run a little big tho...if you can try a pair on try em on!!!

It's a fine line between fishing & sitting on the ice like an idiot

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2011, 08:47 PM »
Yes they do run a little larger than regular sizes.I normally wear Xl jacket and bibs and my Arctic suit is plenty big to waer stuff under it. As mentioned, it would be nice if you could actually try a set on to see how it fits.Excellent outfit though.I have had mine for 3 years and its very warm and lightweight.

Offline Philover

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2011, 09:01 PM »
I'm 5'11", 240, and wear the 2xl. I seldom wear more than jeans and a sweatshirt. If I'm in the shanty with a heater going, the jackets coming off. Plenty of room for me. I would suggest giving some thought to the lining, the soft lining was difficult to get on because the fabric sticks to your clothes. The nylon or whatever it is slides over your clothes much easier and in my opinion is just much more comfortable. Hope this helps.
Phil

Offline Hobo Hilton

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If it's FISHABLE or HUNTABLE, It's ME
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2011, 05:44 AM »
Go to you local dealer, and try the suit on.  I had a problem.  The jacket, I needed a XL and the Bibs I needed a Large.  The suit is worth its weight in gold

Offline Reb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • PLEEAASSE FREEZE !!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2011, 06:07 AM »
I just got mine and found it to be cut a little big. I spoke to a rep before I ordered and he told me that the regular suit runs a little big and the plus suit is more true to size, something to do with that liner. I wore mine in 0 degrees the other morning and it was toasty, with not much under it.

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2011, 10:34 AM »
255 and 5'8"  I can squeeze in a large, but the XL has alot more room.  I have the plus suit and only wear jeans and a t shirt under it. 
Don

Offline adam2369

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 24, 2011, 04:34 PM »
Thank you so much for the information. Can you anyone tell me what the difference is between the regular and the plus? I see the plus has a lining, but is that the only difference?

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #8 on: Jan 24, 2011, 05:28 PM »
The plus suit has a fleece type lining VS a nylon quilted lining on the regular suit.  MUCH easier to get off and on with the nylon lining. All else is equal.

I have had mine (the red suit) for 4 years now and its UGLY and stained but still warm and usable.  Not one buggered zipper, blown seam, or any other issues.

If anyone has a method to remove stains, I would love to hear it...The coating on the jacket lets the stains set, but nothing I have tried will clean it up...(Buy the black and dont worry about the stains...)
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline wirenut45

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 25, 2011, 12:55 PM »
Can anyone tell me how the sizes run on these suits? It sounds like you don't have to wear many clothes under them, but should I buy a size bigger in case? Thank You.
my "in case "was &is food so thank God i got a size large ,since i put on a little wt. JMO

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.