The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Weather is going to get nasty, :-\ 4-6 inches here 40 mph winds and -35 wind chi  (Read 2828 times)

Offline muduck

• IceShanty Rookie
Weather is going to get nasty, :-\ 4-6 inches here 40 mph winds and -35 wind chill

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
I think I am staying inside today. :-\

Offline amortec

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • May Your Rattle Reel's Ring Often!!!
I don't know about "GOING TO GET" it is nasty ! Have over 6 inches all ready and still coming down very heavy
I only work so that I can afford to fish, hunt, & farm

Offline IceManBran

• Team IceShanty Regular
Its been nothing but rain and sleet here all day.  I was gunna go out fishing this afternoon, but i'd rather not be soaked by the time I get to my spot.

Offline Snortwheeze

• IceShanty Rookie
woke up at 7 when the power whent out until 12 or so been windy not much snow though just windy so we could not see the nieghbors grove just couple hundred yards away give or take

Offline brokenline

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • old nuf to know better, young nuff to do it twice!
we got lucky here not much snow and the wind blew mosta the snow off the lake YAY!!! the comercial fisherman were out today.. i could barley take 2 min of it

Offline Haywood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
nothing but sleet here.  Gonna suck for the drive in tomorrow!

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
9"up here so far and ore on the way..
Hard Ice

Offline Haywood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
we just went from 33 degrees to 9 degrees in about 2 hours. 

Offline amortec

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • May Your Rattle Reel's Ring Often!!!
Just got in from cleaning out the yard must have at least 12 inches and the wind is really screaming out there. The roads look pretty tough, have not seen more then one pickup go by here today.
I only work so that I can afford to fish, hunt, & farm

Offline IceManBran

• Team IceShanty Regular
we just went from 33 degrees to 9 degrees in about 2 hours. 

No joke.  That walk from my truck to class in the morning is NOT gunna be fun.  But hey, at least it's making ice!

Offline minnowdrowner

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • T-bar!!!
But hey, at least it's making ice!
You got that right, St. Cloud has a high of -4 tomorrow with a low -27 tomorrow night :o. Even with the snow insulating, these cold temps should still make some decent ice. Just imagine how fast the ice would grow if we didn't have all this dang snow.
How many times do I gotta go through holes before I watch where I'm going? I am an amateur fisherman, but an all star minnow drowner!

Offline IceManBran

• Team IceShanty Regular
For sure.  Regardless, I should have the wheelhouse out next week!  I was on a solid 9 inches yesterday.

Offline Haywood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
my buddy was out fishing in this and said that it was all frozen solid when he was walking off of the ice.  Then again, we didn't get the snow down here that they got north of here.

Offline muduck

• IceShanty Rookie
6 plus inches of snow here, thermometer says negative 11 and there is about a 40 mph wind,  pretty ugly out there

Offline muduck

• IceShanty Rookie
Breamer Bank clock says negative 16 brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Offline brokenline

• Team IceShanty Maniac
-22 tonight!!! yay will be pullin the big shanty out soon!

Offline minnowdrowner

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • T-bar!!!
-22 tonight!!! yay will be pullin the big shanty out soon!

Earliest we have had it like this in a few years, this is awesome. Too bad with the snow or else we would be able to even faster. Can't wait to get the wheelhouse out, bought an ice castle last year and fished out of my portable instead most of the year :-\
How many times do I gotta go through holes before I watch where I'm going? I am an amateur fisherman, but an all star minnow drowner!

Offline Haywood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
It's -8 right now and according the weather underground, it is the warmest it is going to get today.

Offline IceManBran

• Team IceShanty Regular
Earliest we have had it like this in a few years, this is awesome. Too bad with the snow or else we would be able to even faster. Can't wait to get the wheelhouse out, bought an ice castle last year and fished out of my portable instead most of the year :-\

Those things are HEAVY, arent they?  Very very nice, though.

Offline minnowdrowner

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • T-bar!!!
Heavy indeed so it will still be a little while yet, just gonna be better than last year ;D

Offline muduck

• IceShanty Rookie

Offline brokenline

• Team IceShanty Maniac
4 more inches of snow :%$#!:

Offline minnowdrowner

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • T-bar!!!
Friggin snowing again (St. Cloud)!!! :'( :'( I want the cold for ice making, but this snow sucks.

Offline IceManBran

• Team IceShanty Regular
Well, it's warmed up to like 2 degrees here, but it's snowing now.  The roads are gnarly.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.