Author Topic: underwater camera  (Read 1354 times)

Offline jzwicker

• IceShanty Rookie
underwater camera
« on: Dec 08, 2007, 05:03 PM »
Bought cabelas underwater camera last season. very happy with image quality but have two questions??? How do you know which direction the camera is facing?? Saw a couple of compass like gadgets recently anybody have any opinion on how thees work or any other tips or tricks on knowing what direction your camera is facing also any ideas on how far away the camera shows you??? I see a stump would like to drill a hole closer dont know mwich direction to move or how far to move???? The water clarity I know plays a huge role in fall lakes I fish normally can see bottom down to about 7feet. Thanks for any help 1st post but read and enjoy everyone Else's regularly

Offline bluecaddisfly

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • TIGHT LINES AND SMOOTH DRAGS
Re: underwater camera
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2007, 05:41 AM »
 what i do if i can't see the camara down the hole, is drill ahole 6 or8 feet to the side and turn the cable to find that hole. drop a baiter or large jig down second hole. my aqua-vu sees out accurate to about 10 ft then it gets hard to determine size etc. of fish and structure. be nice if they could incorperate a zoom lens.

Offline jzwicker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2007, 06:56 AM »
Thats what I end up doing if I see a piece of structure that I want to fish sometimes I end up with 4 holes to get to where I want my bait to be.. When I go out fishing I . am still new to ice fishing so I have no hot spots at this point all I have are places I marked holding fish with my gps in late fall. So what I like to do is drill a hole put the camera down there and see how it looks as far as structure and everything else. Twice last year when I did this I saw a few fish and they swam off I had know idea wich direction they headed even though I was watching them. I just thought and was hopeing there was some device out there that would some how show you the direction your camera was faceing because once you start spinning that cable who knows where you are looking!!!!

Offline bluecaddisfly

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • TIGHT LINES AND SMOOTH DRAGS
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2007, 03:10 AM »
 one thing you can do if your not fishing too deep, is mount your camera on a pole. i believe aqua-vu sells one. i have one that i made out of a adjustable length pole. just make an adaptor to mount your camera to the end so you can angle it down and up. the one i made goes about 9 ft down and can see bottom at around 12 to15 ft.

Offline jzwicker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 10, 2007, 04:20 PM »
Thats a great and simple idea!!! I am going to make one!! Thanks for the tip

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.