Author Topic: Tip up info?  (Read 706 times)

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Tip up info?
« on: Dec 25, 2012, 08:03 AM »
I was reading on some of the other states boards and see that some require your name on your tip ups... Does NH require any angler info on them? Thanks guys.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Salmon Seeker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish To Live Live to Fish
Re: Tip up info?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 25, 2012, 08:09 AM »
     Its a good idea to have your name and address at least on there   if you lose one by mistake somehow you may get it back    I have seen that happen before
JIBBS DRILL SOME HOLES

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 25, 2012, 05:37 PM »
I have never had name on my traps before and been checked by Fish and Game and never been talked to about it, so I'd say there is no requirement. But as said, it is a good idea, and I'm going to do so this year.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 26, 2012, 03:29 PM »
You have to have your name and address on cusk traps which are usually fished overnight.
That way if you forget to collect them, they (F&G) will out to collect from you!

As for tip-ups, since you don't leave them overnight you don't need to do it to them.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 26, 2012, 05:23 PM »
OK, thanks guys. I think I'll put my name and address on them anyways.... at least if someone swipes them it will take some work and effort sanding my name off before they use them lol
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.