Author Topic: Tip-ups  (Read 1195 times)

Offline tench

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Tip-ups
« on: Feb 11, 2010, 03:07 PM »
What is your laker rig for tip ups? I have a spool of 8lb fluoro and a bunch of different hooks/sinkers. Most of my hooks are either 2/0 octopus for pike or 6 baitholders. Any info will be greatly appreciated.
The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable,
a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
~John Buchan

Offline Litchfield Fisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Tip-ups
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2010, 09:38 PM »
What is your laker rig for tip ups? I have a spool of 8lb fluoro and a bunch of different hooks/sinkers. Most of my hooks are either 2/0 octopus for pike or 6 baitholders. Any info will be greatly appreciated.
6-8 feet of the 8 lb fluoro the smallest swivel I can get away with and either a size 6 or 4 baitholder and as little weight as possible
Its not a passion its an obsession

Offline jiml

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Tip-ups
« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2010, 02:23 AM »
I've landed rainbows in NH using a 6 foot leader of 6 lb mono with a #4 gamagatzu octapus hook.  I was using small shiners for bait.  Most trout guys I know use flouro for their leader and even smaller hooks but I have had luck with the setup I've been using.
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."
Ronald Reagan

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.