Author Topic: Waubee lake  (Read 1121 times)

Offline Hoosier2013

• IceShanty Rookie
Waubee lake
« on: Feb 16, 2013, 11:42 AM »
Is the lake locked up has anybody been over there.

Offline JPjunkie

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • KEEP ON KEEPIN ON
Re: Waubee lake
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2013, 12:32 PM »
Calm down a little bit Do you have some buddies that fish with you the reason why im asking if you fish with someone is for safety purposes I understand your anxiuos to fish as much as you can but be patient take your time out on the ice Dont only take tips about catching fish   Really pay attention to all the years of knowledge on this website about SAFETY Because inexperience and impatience can get you in a bad situation quick You are young and you have plenty of time to fish   

Offline Kamodude

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2013, 02:08 PM »
Hoosier2013,
We went to waube a couple weeks ago and the ice was not good at the ramp area.  Havnt been there since. Now there is a skiff of snow on it so it makes it hard to read!!!!  I will say that where ever you go take a spud and use it every step!!!!!!
That may sound like Im over reacting ....but have had 3 buddies fall in this year standing on 4-6 in of ice and take a couple steps and were swimmin!!!!
I was one step away from doing it myself...Spud saved me!!!!!!!
If you want some info pm me since it seems there are some that dont want anybody catchin their fish!!!!
I dont check this everyday so give me a couple days to get back with you.

Offline JPjunkie

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • KEEP ON KEEPIN ON
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2013, 02:36 PM »
Way to go kamodude it just sounds like the kid is interested in fishing its sort of rare these days most kids are game junkies if i lived in that area i would probably take the kid fishing sometimes they dont get pointed in the right direction Which the outdoors is good way to go 

Offline WELL.......

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 2013, 03:01 PM »
X2 !!!
THATS RIGHT I SAID IT........AND I MEANT IT !!!

Offline Hoosier2013

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 16, 2013, 03:05 PM »
I rarely play video games and would go fishing everyday if I could. But since Im only 16 and play sports i don't have the time.

Offline icecleate

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 16, 2013, 06:01 PM »
It appears you have a good head on your shoulders and your priorities straight.  Playing sports and school takes up a lot of your time, but if your intersted in fishing and ask for help, I am sure someone in your area will take you up on it and help you.  Do not take any of the negative stuff on this site personally because of a few out there that do not want share.  Hang in there!

Offline JPjunkie

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • KEEP ON KEEPIN ON
« Reply #7 on: Feb 16, 2013, 06:46 PM »
Nice reply iceclete

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Bucket,some bait and,,what did she ask me to do??
« Reply #8 on: Feb 16, 2013, 09:12 PM »
I was on waubee today.It is 99% locked,BUT the ice is very iffey,with alot of it unsafe.
spudded from the ramp clear across to the other side.It went from 1 1/2 to 3 1/4-1/2..go from 3 to 1.5 in a single step.Be VERY VERY carefull,take a buddy and a rope.The channel across from the ramp wasnt even 1.5.2nd was 2.5 till ya got to 5 fow and went thin quick.

Offline Hersh17

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 16, 2013, 09:16 PM »
I was on waubee today.It is 99% locked,BUT the ice is very iffey,with alot of it unsafe.
spudded from the ramp clear across to the other side.It went from 1 1/2 to 3 1/4-1/2..go from 3 to 1.5 in a single step.Be VERY VERY carefull,take a buddy and a rope.The channel across from the ramp wasnt even 1.5.2nd was 2.5 till ya got to 5 fow and went thin quick.
So the marl pit isn't even safe? That's surprising!!! Usually it's one of the first, and last places you can get on.....just goes to show how weird this year has been.....
Here fishy, fishy.....

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 16, 2013, 09:25 PM »
From differant reports I have read,I fully expected good ice.But that was even close to how it was.

Offline Hersh17

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 16, 2013, 09:33 PM »
From differant reports I have read,I fully expected good ice.But that was even close to how it was.
That stinks, I've only fished marl pit once this year, early in the season. Had 2 1/2" of ice, it was cracking with every step, and we were scared to death the whole time....lol NOT an enjoyable experience! I know where there is good ice, but unless you have parking to access it you can"t get on....does no good to post about it. I've got a few IS members on it lately though.
Here fishy, fishy.....

Offline walleyepac

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • its what u learn after u kno it all is what counts
« Reply #12 on: Feb 16, 2013, 09:36 PM »
That stinks, I've only fished marl pit once this year, early in the season. Had 2 1/2" of ice, it was cracking with every step, and we were scared to death the whole time....lol NOT an enjoyable experience! I know where there is good ice, but unless you have parking to access it you can"t get on....does no good to post about it. I've got a few IS members on it lately though.
now u really got me curious!

Offline Hersh17

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 16, 2013, 09:49 PM »
now u really got me curious!
pm sent
Here fishy, fishy.....

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 17, 2013, 08:05 AM »
Just watch the "snow spots",Thats where MOST,(not all),the thin spots are.If you look right next to the ramp,you will see where Brawler`s foot went thru.Edges where still kinda junk.Last night and today should help alot.Just be carefull..   JT

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.