Author Topic: 12\27-12/28 fishing  (Read 988 times)

Offline HAMILTON

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Got a hot bite!!!!!!
12\27-12/28 fishing
« on: Dec 28, 2013, 08:47 PM »
Hit the ice Friday nite around 8pm started at wildwood I used my hand held gps with a lowrance lake insight 2013 HD chip which I have found to be a great chip and fished 5 or 6 spots through out the lake I must of drilled over a hundred holes marking lots of fish but we couldn't coax them to visit us on the topside and the ones that did bite were biten lite we called it a nite a 3am! My buddy took home 8 11inch crappie or so!!! So a poor outing it was!!!!! Today I took my 8 year old son out to Timberpoint this afternoon for the first time this winter and was shocked at how low the lake was it had dropped a ton since I fished in early summer!!!! It took awhile but finally got into some gills and some big ones the last hour or so of this evening a few around 9 1/2 inches but no crappie and one bass right before we left at 630!!! All in all a great time with my boy and we had a blast!!! ;D ;D ;D

Offline HAMILTON

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Got a hot bite!!!!!!
Re: 12\27-12/28 fishing
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2013, 10:11 PM »
Now for my next issue at hand a close friend of mine that passed away over the summers brother is back visiting from Tennesse and wants to hit the hard water for old time sake so we planned to meet at timber point tomorrow since this is about half way between us around 1230 but I would like to get him on some good fish and not a lot of dinks so if timberpoint don't work I was thinking czechland but that is hit and miss for me and I don't know if fish are biting there or wannahoo but I have yet to fish this lake and theres a ton of structure in it and cant be wasting time tryn to find quality fish means this will be his only ice fishing trip this year and I would like to give hive a good one my usuall spots are out cause they are to far out of his way any points tips or info would be greatly appreciated in this matter and if you have to pm guys thanks a ton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Eastwesterner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2013, 10:28 PM »
I'm sure he will be okay catching 9.5 inch gills with you at timber point.  Czechland won't likely produce gills that size for you. Wannahoo has them.   I don't think there is a secret spot that's gonna give you the fish you want.   At Wannahoo you just have to earn them right now.
Where's the ice

Offline Fish-icer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2013, 10:39 PM »
Tomorrow could be tough fishing with the weather changes going on, with that being said, a day on the ice is better than one not on the ice.  IMO, wildwood although it didnt produce for you today would be a wise decision.  You can normally drill a hole any where on that lake and catch a bluegill.  Try downsizing in jig size and change up your presentation.  If wax worms arent producing, try plastics or vice versa.  Keep changing things up til you find what they want.  Good luck and let us know how you do.

Offline HAMILTON

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Got a hot bite!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2013, 12:03 AM »
Yeah this weather is going to make it difficult im just not that familiar with that area of the state and if there was a lake I maybe overlooking or anything more or less!!!! And I know if I lived in Tennessee and only got to get out once a year on the hard water I would want to make the most of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And whom ever would be taking me out would try there best to make a successful trip for me!!!!! And EASTWESTERNER I don't know anyone who would complain about catchn a couple 9.5 inch blue gills but I must say compared to last year timber point was a disappointment today I don't know if its the low water or the pressure from last winter and this spring when I seen buckets of fish leaving this lake but I was just tryn to establish a possible back up plan since my buddys time will be extremely limited and I like to have back up plans and I mean I do the same for the guys I guide for on Lake Francis Case for smallmouths in april may and june just to try to ensure the possibility of a trophy fish or a lifetime of memorys or both!!!! and I wasnt looking for just gills here either a species variety is nice at times just tryn to cover my bases and make sure I really wasn't overlooking any bodies of water that's all especially with with weather change upon us!!!!! Thanks for the info though guys!!!

Offline Eastwesterner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2013, 12:29 PM »
Yes timber point went from a good lake to take kids or noobs to pretty rough fishing. I blame it on the gills getting too big last year. Easy to catch a limit plus cleaner size equals pressure. Wildwood will take the heat this year.
Where's the ice

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.