Author Topic: Lincoln Scheels!!!  (Read 4619 times)

Offline Wilb3

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lincoln Scheels!!!
« Reply #30 on: Feb 12, 2013, 10:31 PM »
Agreed...they should just keep the ice gear out and mark it down as the season winds down. But retailers know that we will pay more next season for last seasons hot stuff. The laws of economics and margins!
Ice fishing is a subculture, one wouldn't understand until they experienced it...

Offline okcableguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Feb 13, 2013, 09:56 PM »
Agreed...they should just keep the ice gear out and mark it down as the season winds down. But retailers know that we will pay more next season for last seasons hot stuff. The laws of economics and margins!

BITE YOU IN THE ASS ALL THE TIME!
My Job?

I feed the world...

Offline ULking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Ice Baby!!!
« Reply #32 on: Feb 14, 2013, 12:03 AM »
BITE YOU IN THE ASS ALL THE TIME!
Its good to follow SOMETIMES!!! but i will say that Jake is great for going out of his way to please a customer! i just wish i could say the same for the hunting dept.!!! i would like to try tomorrow AM to get some stuff over night shipped to the lincoln store so i can take them on my trip with JAM3S, POWERHOUR, and yourself!!! i want some more tungsten jigs and plastics so if they dont get them im gonna actually be a little upset and probably shop there less even tho there arent many more options!!! i guess ill have to shop online more but id rather spend my money local!!!
A bad day of fishin is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline JAM3S

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 40° makes me sweat.
« Reply #33 on: Feb 14, 2013, 08:27 AM »
Its good to follow SOMETIMES!!! but i will say that Jake is great for going out of his way to please a customer! i just wish i could say the same for the hunting dept.!!! i would like to try tomorrow AM to get some stuff over night shipped to the lincoln store so i can take them on my trip with JAM3S, POWERHOUR, and yourself!!! i want some more tungsten jigs and plastics so if they dont get them im gonna actually be a little upset and probably shop there less even tho there arent many more options!!! i guess ill have to shop online more but id rather spend my money local!!!

There is a bait shop right in poinsett.  I betcha they have a bigger ice fishing gear buffet anyway.

Offline Fish-icer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Feb 14, 2013, 08:50 AM »

You are.not.going to.get $50 worth of goods over night.  That is being unrealistic.  Now order something worth $5000 and you will have a better chance.  Remember, its still a business.  Their main goal is to make money and if they had to overnight $50 of goods for every customer they start to lose money. 

Offline ULking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Ice Baby!!!
« Reply #35 on: Feb 14, 2013, 09:00 AM »
You are.not.going to.get $50 worth of goods over night.  That is being unrealistic.  Now order something worth $5000 and you will have a better chance.  Remember, its still a business.  Their main goal is to make money and if they had to overnight $50 of goods for every customer they start to lose money.
probably closer to $200 but I understand it probably wasn't gonna happen but I can still ask!
A bad day of fishin is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Fish-icer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Feb 14, 2013, 10:25 AM »
Doesnt hurt to try

Offline ajb05854

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Feb 14, 2013, 12:20 PM »
There is a bait shop right in poinsett.  I betcha they have a bigger ice fishing gear buffet anyway.

James,  I'm finally hitting the road within an hour.  I'll call when I get back to the Motherland. 

Offline ajb05854

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Feb 14, 2013, 12:24 PM »
One other thing.  I've probably got some tip ups floating around.  Remind me tonight and I'll go thought some stuff I have at home and see if I've got the things to make a few quick strike rigs. 

Offline okcableguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Feb 14, 2013, 01:20 PM »
One other thing.  I've probably got some tip ups floating around.  Remind me tonight and I'll go thought some stuff I have at home and see if I've got the things to make a few quick strike rigs.

Berringer?
My Job?

I feed the world...

Offline ajb05854

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Feb 14, 2013, 09:45 PM »
Berringer?

Yeah, but you spelled it wrong!  I'm home for the first time in about a year.  I've got most of the food packed, and found a few tip ups.  I've got some digging to do come sun up. 

Offline eyewinder

• Team IceShanty Regular
Stop & look
« Reply #41 on: Feb 15, 2013, 12:15 PM »
JAM3S makes a good point about the bait shop at your destination probably carrying everything that you will need.

In past years' trips to Glacial Lakes (which I would consider Poinsett one of), not only were minnows crazy available and cheap, some of my all-time favorite bait/tackle shops were located there:  Proud Angler (Watertown), Sportsman's Cove (Webster), all Cowboy convenience stores (Watertown and maybe others, too), Bait Box (Lake Preston), etc., etc.  I'm sure there are others closer to Poinsett (Brookings?) if you're not going farther north.

One of the most enjoyable parts of my trips to NE S.D. was visiting and discovering bait/tackle shops like the ones that were in Nebraska in the '50s thru '70s, before big box and on-line ordering killed a lot of them.
"We are hunters. . .when the buffalo are gone, we will hunt mice. . ."  Sioux war chief

Offline jordy1380

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Feb 18, 2013, 08:07 AM »
Do any of the omaha stores have any ice tackle left on discount or did they ship everything out already? Bass pro, Cabelas, Scheels?
Get Yo Fish On!

Offline Gobluefne

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Feb 18, 2013, 04:58 PM »
I was at Bass Pro in Council Bluffs on Saturday.  Not much left out.  25% off clam huts but there wasn't much there.  Had some inline frabil reels, still had some northland fishing tackle. 

Offline Wilb3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Feb 18, 2013, 05:27 PM »
They packed up the majority of ice fishing tackle at BPS the last couple weeks. I noticed some of the Mora and gas augers/blades were available. I needed the BassPro hand auger blades which had been packed up before the augers.  Nice spring sale for members coming up on March 1st at BPS Council Bluffs.
Ice fishing is a subculture, one wouldn't understand until they experienced it...

Offline Eastwesterner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Feb 18, 2013, 06:44 PM »
Cabelas lavista didn't have squat.  30 bucks off an fl 22.  Few lures left but not on discount.
Where's the ice

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.