The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Wyman Pond questions.  (Read 5066 times)

Offline PeterSaloom

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Wyman Pond questions.
« on: Feb 25, 2011, 12:16 PM »
Has anyone here ever fished Wyman Pond in Westminster, MA? A buddy of mine just bought a house on it. He isn't a fisherman but wants to try it out and figured it would be a good place to begin. Any opinions. The only thing I have heard is that the property owners on that pond are jerks about others fishing there. Since I will be parking in his driveway I don't think it will be an issue.

Any insight would help.
Cheers,

Pete

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Wyman Pond questions.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 25, 2011, 12:19 PM »
Wymans is great fishing. Fished it a million times, nice bass to be had for sure.
Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Offline PeterSaloom

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 25, 2011, 12:25 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply. Had any trouble with the residents there?
Cheers,

Pete

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Feb 25, 2011, 12:40 PM »
Nope, but we are usually pretty quiet and don't cause any trouble.
Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Offline xjma

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 25, 2011, 06:37 PM »
Has anyone here ever fished Wyman Pond in Westminster, MA? A buddy of mine just bought a house on it. He isn't a fisherman but wants to try it out and figured it would be a good place to begin. Any opinions. The only thing I have heard is that the property owners on that pond are jerks about others fishing there. Since I will be parking in his driveway I don't think it will be an issue.

Any insight would help.

Let them start harassing you and then call the cops.  It's illegal to harass fishermen.  Unless you own the entire acreage surrounding the body of water, you don't own the body of water and what goes on there is regulated by the state only.....so going out onto the pond and harassing the fishermen can get you put in jail and fined. 

Offline SpaceGhost

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 25, 2011, 07:06 PM »
I USED to fish there quite a lot. Its a private pond, although, fishing along the road is tolerated. The problem is parking...at least near the Mt Wachusett road entrance. A lot of us parked on the side of the road near the telephone pole but due to someone buying the house on the corner coupled with meatsticks leaving trash all over the place, he posted no trespassing signs everywhere, so if you park there, expect a cop to show up because he loves to call them. Theyre pretty laid back about it, though. They know hes just being an ass. Using the boat ramp is off limits, although, you dont have to sweat it seeing that hes bought a house on the place. Most of the residents are very polite and dont care if its fished actually. Ive had a lot of good conversations with boaters who live there. Its a fairly good size place, however, it is getting fished bad along the rt140 side due to it being 'found' by the local asian population. They keep every fish they catch no matter what the size. So the fishing on that side of the pond has gone down hill in the last 2 years. Ive gone in there with kayaks/canoes and have permission to boat as well but have stopped going since the fish population on my favorite side has diminished because of my above complaints.

On the bright side, there are some big bass in there if you can get there on a good day. Ive caught a ton of 3-4-5-6 lb bass and have heard of at least one person bringing in a 9lb + a couple years ago.

Offline PeterSaloom

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 16, 2011, 11:08 AM »
From my research online, it is not a private ponds, just doesn't have a lot of access.
Cheers,

Pete

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.